Beginner flying -- Macedonia Roadtrip
837 31 2018-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jessie´s Sharky
lvl.1

Latvia

Hey everyone!

Finally joined the community here after mostly reading through it in the last weeks, looking for inspo and tips to control the little Sparky!

I hope it is okay to post this here, but I wanted to share with you my first video shot exclusively with the Spark and hoping to hear any feedback, what could be improved for example!
The video was completely taken in Macedonia on a road trip through the beautiful western part of the country and I am so happy that I had Sharky with me for the first time, as it took amazing shots

Hope you guys like it!

2018-7-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Welcome to the Forum, Dear Jessie !

For a First Time Video, its Amazing ! You captured a lot of Beauty from your Trip in Macedonia, the Scenery is really nice, so many Mountains !

My Favourite Parts are 0min03 that Perspective is Excellent, 0min13 the Boat in the Valley, 1min00 where You are posing on the Peer with the White Dress, 1min12 the Mosque, 1min25 is that an Antenna or an Illuminated Cross ?

Was that Peugeot 206 a Rented one ? Never seen one with a Luggage Boot.

Big Welldone.

2018-7-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

very nice video!
2018-7-21
Use props
Jessie´s Sharky
lvl.1

Latvia

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-21 05:41
Welcome to the Forum, Dear Jessie !

For a First Time Video, its Amazing ! You captured a lot of Beauty from your Trip in Macedonia, the Scenery is really nice, so many Mountains !

OMG! Thank you so much for your kind words, really encouraging! I think the video is kinda short, but to be honest, I had no footage left, since I am still struggling sometimes!

Everything was blurred or with weird movements, and also very shaky!
About the car, no idea, it was the cheapest available but it was reliable and had a lot of space, perfect for a road trip to carry all the luggage.

Thanks for the detailed feedback. I guess watching all those "how to shoot cinematic" videos on YouTube helped, I will try to use more often those type of shots!
2018-7-21
Use props
Jessie´s Sharky
lvl.1

Latvia

Thank you for watching
2018-7-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Jessie´s Sharky Posted at 2018-7-21 06:25
OMG! Thank you so much for your kind words, really encouraging! I think the video is kinda short, but to be honest, I had no footage left, since I am still struggling sometimes!

Everything was blurred or with weird movements, and also very shaky!  

You did Great ! Welldone !
2018-7-21
Use props
Jessie´s Sharky
lvl.1

Latvia

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-21 07:13
You did Great ! Welldone !

Thank you!
2018-7-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

You are Welcome Jessie. 3 Weeks ago I bought a Small Tello from Latvia.

You should do some Videos about your Country, it will work as an Advert for Tourism too.
2018-7-21
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

beautiful video
2018-7-21
Use props
Jessie´s Sharky
lvl.1

Latvia

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-21 07:25
You are Welcome Jessie. 3 Weeks ago I bought a Small Tello from Latvia.

You should do some Videos about your Country, it will work as an Advert for Tourism too.

Will try to, the next video will either be about Latvia or Portugal, the next trip destination

2018-7-21
Use props
Jessie´s Sharky
lvl.1

Latvia

Thank you dronto, glad you watched and liked it
2018-7-21
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Great location but i found the video shaky, your scene changes were a little too fast....  What editor did you use?  Great first composition, but it could be much smoother.
2018-7-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Northwood Posted at 2018-7-21 12:52
Great location but i found the video shaky, your scene changes were a little too fast....  What editor did you use?  Great first composition, but it could be much smoother.

Come on Buddy !

Its Her First Video, some Respect....

2018-7-21
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

Jessie´s Sharky Posted at 2018-7-21 11:49
Thank you dronto, glad you watched and liked it

My pleasure and great work for first video!
2018-7-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

you are welcome buddy!
2018-7-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Keep it up!
2018-7-21
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-21 16:43
Come on Buddy !

Oh but I did, it you read the second sentence.  And she asked for comments.  No worries.
2018-7-21
Use props
Jessie´s Sharky
lvl.1

Latvia

Northwood Posted at 2018-7-21 12:52

Thank you so much! Yeah, I also think some scenes are a bit shaky, I tried to stabilize them, but still they are very shaky. I think it is also related to the fact that I increased the speed in a lot of the footage I had, could it be?
I used the DaVinci Resolve 15 since it is free and it was recommended to me :p
2018-7-22
Use props
Jessie´s Sharky
lvl.1

Latvia

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-21 16:43
Come on Buddy !

haha, no worries!
2018-7-22
Use props
Jessie´s Sharky
lvl.1

Latvia

I will! Thank you
2018-7-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Glad you liked it Jessie !
2018-7-22
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

nice video!
a bit speedy for my taste, but still, nice one!
2018-7-22
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

Very nice! especially for a beginner / new Drone
2018-7-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Welcome!
2018-7-22
Use props
Jessie´s Sharky
lvl.1

Latvia

dj_dread Posted at 2018-7-22 12:45
nice video!
a bit speedy for my taste, but still, nice one!

Thank you so much for the feedback! I will try to slow it down in the next project
2018-7-22
Use props
Jessie´s Sharky
lvl.1

Latvia

Carmenvail Posted at 2018-7-22 13:34
Very nice! especially for a beginner / new Drone

Thank you so much!
2018-7-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice one      
2018-7-23
Use props
Jessie´s Sharky
lvl.1

Latvia

Thank you so much
2018-7-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pleasure - keep it up   
2018-7-23
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

Jessie´s Sharky Posted at 2018-7-22 07:11
Thank you so much! Yeah, I also think some scenes are a bit shaky, I tried to stabilize them, but still they are very shaky. I think it is also related to the fact that I increased the speed in a lot of the footage I had, could it be?
I used the DaVinci Resolve 15  since it is free and it was recommended to me :p

I have not updated Davinci lately, I use Final Cut and Vegas Pro mostly.  Yes, speeding up video will increase the shake factor...  you could try rendering out your speed modified composition first, then taking it back in and stabilizing that, render again.

I just looked at your video again, there is something else happening to make it jittery...  smooth video when sped up should not change too much...  You could try checking the settings when you are rendering out... go for maximum quality not faster/greater compression....  Google has the diskspace for YouTube!

Also, Resolve 15 is in beta, which means it may not be stable or 100% reliable.

2018-7-24
Use props
Jessie´s Sharky
lvl.1

Latvia

Northwood Posted at 2018-7-24 06:06
I have not updated Davinci lately, I use Final Cut and Vegas Pro mostly.  Yes, speeding up video will increase the shake factor...  you could try rendering out your speed modified composition first, then taking it back in and stabilizing that, render again.

I just looked at your video again, there is something else happening to make it jittery...  smooth video when sped up should not change too much...  You could try checking the settings when you are rendering out... go for maximum quality not faster/greater compression....  Google has the diskspace for YouTube!

Thank you so much for your tips! Will try to implement them. I think I will keep using the DaVinci since the price is hard to beat hahah :p
I think I used the maximum quality for the rendering, but I will double check it next time! Thanks once again!
2018-8-11
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules