Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Perfecting the Straight Down Shot - or how to jump off a cliff
2067 22 2018-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wellsi
Captain
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello all
I had some great fun in Wales last week, working out better ways to shoot straight-down clips over cliffs and waterfalls.
And I put together this short video to make use of the footage and show how to tinduce that feeling of vertigo

Enjoy the view

cheers
Ian

SnapShot.jpg
2018-7-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another awesome video Ian.
Thanks for sharing your helpful tips
2018-7-21
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Nice video Ian, thanks. I wish there were some equally beautiful places here in flat Denmark.

You just have to show the jump over the edge too !!!   

PS. You need to find yourself a better place and manage from if or when ..........

Regards Leif.
2018-7-21
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Excellent Tutorial Mate ! I really enjoy watching your Videos. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

2018-7-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great tutorial Wellsi, really good stuff there for everyone. Thank you..
2018-7-21
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Thanks Ian.
Another great tutorial that I will add to my video library on video tips.

2018-7-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Great work there Ian
2018-7-21
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landbo Posted at 2018-7-21 07:20
Nice video Ian, thanks. I wish there were some equally beautiful places here in flat Denmark.

You just have to show the jump over the edge too !!!   

Thanks Leif.
I think Denmark is up there with Belgium for mountainous terrain But you should be able to use some of this stuff even flying over trees and buildings...

Cheers
Ian
2018-7-21
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-21 08:21
Excellent Tutorial Mate ! I really enjoy watching your Videos. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

Thanks Fella!  It's great fun shooting and making these vids....
Just had a great 10 days in Malta the other week!  Got some great footage of Valletta.

Cheers!

Ian
2018-7-21
Use props
Exib
Captain
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good video thanks for sharing the waterfall looks like a sweet spot
2018-7-21
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Wellsi Posted at 2018-7-21 10:52
Thanks Fella!  It's great fun shooting and making these vids....
Just had a great 10 days in Malta the other week!  Got some great footage of Valletta.

Really ? You where here in Malta ?

Glad You enjoyed it Mate ! If I knew you before I would certainly give you some Tips and Help !

I am from the Sliema Area.

Thanks so much Ian, for all the Dedication You have in Making these Tutorials ! You are Talented Mate !

Darryl

2018-7-21
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-21 10:57
Really ? You where here in Malta ?

Glad You enjoyed it Mate ! If I knew you before I would certainly give you some Tips and Help !

I'm half Maltese, so have family and friends there... but this was my first visit with the Pro and got some great footage around the Grand Harbour and the western beaches.... Love our visits there...

Ian
2018-7-21
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Wellsi Posted at 2018-7-21 12:47
I'm half Maltese, so have family and friends there... but this was my first visit with the Pro and got some great footage around the Grand Harbour and the western beaches.... Love our visits there...

Ian

Good to know Ian ! So you know Malta well enough, its a Small Island, you will never get Lost here.
If you upload some Videos of Malta that you took send me the link when you have time. I have half my family living in London too.

Cheers Mate !

2018-7-21
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-21 09:18
Great tutorial Wellsi, really good stuff there for everyone. Thank you..

Thanks Hallmark.  Had great fun making this one.  Next step is to get a wing suit.....

Ian
2018-7-21
Use props
Duncandonut
Captain
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Nice video Ian, will have to revisit Beachy Head to fly over the edge with the camera panning down now
2018-7-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Excellent, thank you very much!
2018-7-21
Use props
dronto
Captain
Singapore

Thank you for the kind tutorial Ian
2018-7-22
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duncandonut Posted at 2018-7-21 22:59
Nice video Ian, will have to revisit Beachy Head to fly over the edge with the camera panning down now

Beachy head would be amazing to fly over!   To be honest, I had to sit down on a rick when I was shooting the waterfall shot; you really do get a bit of vertigo as you watch the screen as you actually fly over....  That waterfall drop was some 60 metres

Cheers again

Ian
2018-7-22
Use props
Charissa
Captain
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Another good video and tutorial Ian. I have yet to get a perfectly smooth video, even with the settings of your previous video.
I think it might be because i am more focused on the photography side of things and don,t concentrate on video until it is totally messed up.
2018-7-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

very nice shot
2018-7-22
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-22 03:20
Another good video and tutorial Ian. I have yet to get a perfectly smooth video, even with the settings of your previous video.
I think it might be because i am more focused on the photography side of things and don,t concentrate on video until it is totally messed up.

Thanks matey. Photos don't get affected by the camera movements like video does.  The moment you start filming, you need delicate touches on the controls.  And remember that it's all about editing. Everyone gets jerky movements occasionally; those just get edited out   

Cheers
Ian
2018-7-22
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks Wellsi, another great tutorial, a benefit to the community, keep the tips coming.
2018-7-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wellsi Posted at 2018-7-21 22:32
Thanks Hallmark.  Had great fun making this one.  Next step is to get a wing suit.....

Ian

Looking forward to that vlog. Don’t forget change of underpants. ;+).".
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules