Lake Louise & Canmore Canada
3076 36 2018-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AdventureCamp
Second Officer

Canada

We had to find an interesting way to get drone shots in the video because it is illegal in Canada to fly drones in national parks.  Huge fines if you get caught.  See if you can figure out how we got these shots.

2018-7-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Nice work.
2018-7-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Very nice video               
2018-7-21
Use props
AdventureCamp
Second Officer

Canada

Thank you.
2018-7-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

You’re welcome
2018-7-21
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Why is it Illegal to fly Drones in National Parks in the US and Canada ? Can't understand why you have these rules, when Drones really excel in Capturing the Beauty of Nature.

Sorry I may sound dumb, but I am from Malta - Europe, and really I think that the US and Canada have so much Beautiful Woods, Mountains and Scenery !

2018-7-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

great job!
2018-7-22
Use props
AdventureCamp
Second Officer

Canada

thank you.  it was fun to make
2018-7-22
Use props
AdventureCamp
Second Officer

Canada

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-21 16:28
Why is it Illegal to fly Drones in National Parks in the US and Canada ? Can't understand why you have these rules, when Drones really excel in Capturing the Beauty of Nature.

Sorry I may sound dumb, but I am from Malta - Europe, and really I think that the US and Canada have so much Beautiful Woods, Mountains and Scenery !

you are so right! the rules are stupid.  They have them in place because of fear.  Afraid the drones will hurt the animals or scare them.  I really do get it.
2018-7-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Nicely done.
2018-7-22
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

AdventureCamp Posted at 2018-7-22 12:15
you are so right! the rules are stupid.  They have them in place because of fear.  Afraid the drones will hurt the animals or scare them.  I really do get it.

Like you I am really into Camping and Adventures !

Also Drone Footage is my Number 1 Tourism Advert, when I see Nice Footage and Aerial Videos of a Place take I like, I would be planing to visit it.

Most Pilots who buy Professional Drones take a lot of care how to use them, we are not talking here of FPV Racers or Toy Drones, they should make some kind of distinction.

These Drones are used many to capture Video and Photos.

Nice talking to you Buddy ! For me the Wild is the Best Place where I relax from the Headache of the City Life !

2018-7-22
Use props
dronto
lvl.4

Nice work!
2018-7-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful location and great footage   
2018-7-23
Use props
AdventureCamp
Second Officer

Canada

Thank you.
2018-7-23
Use props
AdventureCamp
Second Officer

Canada

Thank you.
2018-7-23
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

You're welcome
2018-7-23
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

keep it up!
2018-7-23
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Cool video.  Thanks for sharing.
2018-7-23
Use props
AdventureCamp
Second Officer

Canada

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-23 17:38
Cool video.  Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad you like it
2018-7-24
Use props
ghutch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 187375 ft
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-21 16:28

I agree but a lot of people like to enjoy the beautiful scenery without the noise...
2018-7-24
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

ghutch Posted at 2018-7-24 08:32
I agree but a lot of people like to enjoy the beautiful scenery without the noise...

So it means that in Natural Park you cannot use Cars, Bikes, and Radios during a Picnic ?

Sorry I am asking but I am not from the US or Canada,
2018-7-24
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

It might not have been beautiful Costa Rico, But Your Canada is just as magnificent ,if not more.
I am guessing if you can't fly the Drone the next best thing is a helicopter ride. I am also guessing they wouldn't let you handle the controls?
Thanks once again for sharing your vacation.
2018-7-24
Use props
ghutch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 187375 ft
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-24 10:16
So it means that in Natural Park you cannot use Cars, Bikes, and Radios during a Picnic ?

Well the cars are mostly only on the roads and most of them are quieter than drones.  Motorcycles can be used but they're asked to not rev them because excessive noise from motorcycles can have significant impacts on wildlife and other park visitors.  Radios can be used.  I'm sure if it was loud and people complained they would be asked to turn it down...
2018-7-24
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Nicely done.
2018-7-24
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

ghutch Posted at 2018-7-24 12:20
Well the cars are mostly only on the roads and most of them are quieter than drones.  Motorcycles can be used but they're asked to not rev them because excessive noise from motorcycles can have significant impacts on wildlife and other park visitors.  Radios can be used.  I'm sure if it was loud and people complained they would be asked to turn it down...

Thanks for the Information Mate, I didn't know all this.

2018-7-24
Use props
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 283904 ft
Canada

AdventureCamp Posted at 2018-7-22 12:15

And I completely agree. I can understand certain rules for flying, i.e.: proximity to airports, but no flying in our National Parks? I fail to understand the logic behind that one.
2018-7-24
Use props
AdventureCamp
Second Officer

Canada

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-24 10:16

no you can use those things.  people are just paranoid of drones.
2018-7-25
Use props
AdventureCamp
Second Officer

Canada

B1houdini Posted at 2018-7-24 11:39
It might not have been beautiful Costa Rico, But Your Canada is just as magnificent ,if not more.
I am guessing if you can't fly the Drone the next best thing is a helicopter ride. I am also guessing they wouldn't let you handle the controls?  
Thanks once again for sharing your vacation.

Yes Canada is amazing as well.  I think most places have their own beauty. That's why we are going traveling.  No sadly I didn't get to fly the helicopter something about not being licensed and safety.  I don't understand do you? ;)
2018-7-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

AdventureCamp Posted at 2018-7-25 16:17
no you can use those things.  people are just paranoid of drones.

You are right Buddy, I asked that other guy about cars as they pollute and are far more noisy than a small drone.  I never heard a drone making the noise of a V8 Truck... also a Giant Helicopter is less noisy than a Small Drone..? Sorry but it's Funny.

Some Rules are Plain Nonsense for me.
2018-7-26
Use props
AdventureCamp
Second Officer

Canada

Thank you.
2018-7-26
Use props
AdventureCamp
Second Officer

Canada

thank you.
2018-7-27
Use props
AdventureCamp
Second Officer

Canada

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-26 03:08
You are right Buddy, I asked that other guy about cars as they pollute and are far more noisy than a small drone.  I never heard a drone making the noise of a V8 Truck... also a Giant Helicopter is less noisy than a Small Drone..? Sorry but it's Funny.

Some Rules are Plain Nonsense for me.

so funny.
2018-7-28
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Certain Rules are Really Funny Mate.

2018-7-28
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Nice video.
In South Africa the use of drones in National parks and Nature reserves are prohibited, mostly because of poaching of animals. Rhinos get killed on a daily basis for their horns, and this is not the only animal being killed for some or the other imagined and idiotic use. Poachers use drones to find the animals in some cases.
So, although i would have loved to have video flying over majestic animals, i prefer to not spread their location to the idiots poaching them.
Sometimes rules is a good thing.
2018-7-28
Use props
AdventureCamp
Second Officer

Canada

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-28 10:40
Nice video.
In South Africa the use of drones in National parks and Nature reserves are prohibited, mostly because of poaching of animals. Rhinos get killed on a daily basis for their horns, and this is not the only animal being killed for some or the other imagined and idiotic use. Poachers use drones to find the animals in some cases.
So, although i would have loved to have video flying over majestic animals, i prefer to not spread their location to the idiots poaching them.

I can see that, there's no poaching in Canada. Well not as much, and no hunting allowed.  So its more not to bother people I think.
2018-7-28
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

You guys are lucky, no hunting and no poaching, we can only dream about that. Here, we get high ranking political officials in the cabinet, that get caught with their fingers in the poaching and selling of Rhino horn pie.....
2018-7-29
Use props
AdventureCamp
Second Officer

Canada

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-29 06:13
You guys are lucky, no hunting and no poaching, we can only dream about that. Here, we get high ranking political officials in the cabinet, that get caught with their fingers in the poaching and selling of Rhino horn pie.....

sounds awful.  I guess we are lucky.
2018-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules