Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No way fixed with MP
2187 38 2018-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

Today afternoon using MP with latest fw and latest DJI go with Iphone x I verified that moving only bird on the right or left the way isn't fixed I need to move yaw right or left to maintain right way.
Using course lock same issue !!!!
Do you think that is a bird or software problem ?
2018-7-21
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

SORRY TITLE IS NO WAY !!!!! coffee for free
2018-7-21
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-7-21 08:19
SORRY TITLE IS NO WAY !!!!! coffee for free

You can edit the tittle if you click on edit at bottom of first post.

Are you saying your Mavic Pro is drifting left or right slightly when it should be moving straight forward only ?

If so have you calibrated IMU & RC, also VPS if happening below 10m altitude ?

This might also be one to consider a compass calibration in an open area away from any iron structures or reinforced concrete, or power distribution lines/equipment.

Edit:- Large Latte please, no sugar :-)
2018-7-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The simple fact that you are noticing movements when in course lock, says to me that the attitude of aircraft is not correct, and a cold level IMU and gimbal calibration may help.

I’ve seen similar movements in Mavic Air , but with same craft in auto modes there was no deviation. So try this first, also remember to check drifting correctly you should be outside VPs range.
2018-7-21
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-21 09:01
You can edit the tittle if you click on edit at bottom of first post.

Are you saying your Mavic Pro is drifting left or right slightly when it should be moving straight forward only ?

Thanks altitude was 3-4 meters is this the problem?
I’ll try to calibrate everything even thought no warning on DJI go.
No forward movement just only to the left to record a wall.

PS: title changed and latte shipped
2018-7-21
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-21 09:12
The simple fact that you are noticing movements when in course lock, says to me that the attitude of aircraft is not correct, and a cold level IMU and gimbal calibration may help.

I’ve seen similar movements in Mavic Air , but with same craft in auto modes there was no deviation. So try this first, also remember to check drifting correctly you should be outside VPs range.

Thanks altitude were 3-4 meters
2018-7-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-7-21 09:31
Thanks altitude were 3-4 meters

Well if altitude was that low, 1/ you need plenty of light and good textured surface, and sometimes grass can be a problem flying at that low altitude,
2018-7-21
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-21 09:36
Well if altitude was that low, 1/ you need plenty of light and good textured surface, and sometimes grass can be a problem flying at that low altitude,

Thanks for update
2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, did you notice that the hovering of your aircraft is not steady while recording? did you re-calibrate the IMU and compass? did you manage to check if you're getting enough GPS signal as well?
2018-7-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Software issue - DJI recked the Mavic Pro until further notice.
2018-7-22
Use props
Texuun78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12861 ft

Same issue here. I noticed after last firmware upgrade that I am now drifting off to the right on straight travel and yawing to the left on hover, both at altitude. It seems to do a little better low above ground, I assume because it is getting assistance from the VPS. I already tried all recalibrations, IMU, Controller, Gimbal, Compass, all to no avail. I am debating sending it in for warranty service but if it is in fact a software issue then that would be a waisted effort.   
2018-7-22
Use props
Texuun78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12861 ft

Texuun78 Posted at 2018-7-22 18:33
Same issue here. I noticed after last firmware upgrade that I am now drifting off to the right on straight travel and yawing to the left on hover, both at altitude. It seems to do a little better low above ground, I assume because it is getting assistance from the VPS. I already tried all recalibrations, IMU, Controller, Gimbal, Compass, all to no avail. I am debating sending it in for warranty service but if it is in fact a software issue then that would be a waisted effort.

Well, after reading more and more success stories about the recent firmware I've decided to send mine in to DJI since it is still well within the warranty period. I don't want to take a chance waiting for a new firmware fix when it may in fact be a hardware issue. It is being packed up as I type and will go out tomorrow to the DJI facility in Grapvine Texas, so hopefully the process wont take too long since I am located in Texas as well. I will keep everyone updated as to the results. Keep your fingers crossed! lol
2018-7-22
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-22 09:01
Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, did you notice that the hovering of your aircraft is not steady while recording? did you re-calibrate the IMU and compass? did you manage to check if you're getting enough GPS signal as well?

Hi DJI Tony I recalibrated IMU and compass VPS signal was good 16 satellites sunny days and street under the bird but same issue, bird doesn't flight right
What about to resolve problem?
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-7-23 00:11
Hi DJI Tony I recalibrated IMU and compass VPS signal was good 16 satellites sunny days and street under the bird but same issue, bird doesn't flight right
What about to resolve problem?

Hi, I would like to clarify, you're trying to hover your aircraft at 3-4 meters up high right? Are you doing this in an open area? Can you upload a short video using google drive or drop-box for further evaluation?
2018-7-23
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-23 09:31
Hi, I would like to clarify, you're trying to hover your aircraft at 3-4 meters up high right? Are you doing this in an open area? Can you upload a short video using google drive or drop-box for further evaluation?

Hi Tony yes exactly 2-3 meters one air.
Below for you google drive link
https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... 1Lduk7y?usp=sharing
2018-7-23
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-23 09:31

Hi DJI Tony did you download video and verified ?
2018-7-27
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-7-27 01:32
Hi DJI Tony did you download video and verified ?

Am I right in thinking the problem is that you are moving from left to right filming the mural, and that the aircraft is not flying parallel to the wall, it is moving further away as you move to the right ?
2018-7-27
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-27 01:43
Am I right in thinking the problem is that you are moving from left to right filming the mural, and that the aircraft is not flying parallel to the wall, it is moving further away as you move to the right ?

Not correct because MP move to the right starting by me and then it moves back, same issue with course lock
2018-7-27
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-7-27 01:54
Not correct because MP move to the right starting by me and then it moves back, same issue with course lock

"MP move to the right starting by me and then it moves back, same issue with course lock"

That's what I said, if it moves back from wall it is not parallel to wall.

When using course lock will it come back to the same starting point ?
If so then readjust the course lock heading and try again.

I would also disable Obstacle avoidance and perhaps VPS so they cannot influence the path its taking.

But it could also be that you are trying to work to too fine a tolerance, bearing in mind the error margins in GPS/GLONASS when calculating position. You may just have to manually adjust position to allow for this.

2018-7-27
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-27 02:18
"MP move to the right starting by me and then it moves back, same issue with course lock"

I answer you below all caps

MP STARTS PARALLEL TO THE WALL

When using course lock will it come back to the same starting point ?
WITH COURSE LOCK MP DOESN'T COME BACK TO STARTING POINT

But it could also be that you are trying to work to too fine a tolerance, bearing in mind the error margins in GPS/GLONASS when calculating position. You may just have to manually adjust position to allow for this.
THE ERROR IS MORE OR LESS 2 METERS FOR 50 METERS PATH
2018-7-27
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-7-27 02:25
I answer you below all caps

Why do you answer in Caps, has your keyboard stuck ?

Like you I am a DJI user and customer, and was trying to make sure I understood your problem. which nobody else seems to have done as yet.

Try some of my other suggestions regarding VPS & OA, that might help.
As a work around you could always do a hand held shot. That at least might give you what you want.

Other than that you will have to wait and see if there are any other suggestions from others.
2018-7-27
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-27 02:40
Why do you answer in Caps, has your keyboard stuck ?

Like you I am a DJI user and customer, and was trying to make sure I understood your problem. which nobody else seems to have done as yet.

Thanks Aardvark I'll search your suggestion about VPS & OA but I don't like these issues and next days I'll flight to verify.
If you flight in dangerous zone fixed way is a must  
2018-7-27
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft

DJI is well aware of this problem, even though they pretend they've never heard of it. They always ask the same questions ("did you reclibrate the IMU, compass, and VPS?") and ask you to send them a video. Then nothing gets fixed. I've received 5 Mavic Pro aircraft from DJI, and they ALL exhibit this problem. It is a firmware/hardware problem that DJI does not want to fix as it would be too expensive for them.

The are dozens of threads about it. Here's mine, which started in December 2017, and is still active, though DJI hid it in the Service forum, and then the thread need to be "recovered" because it just disappeared (DJI claims they did not hide it, lol): https://forum.dji.com/thread-124081-1-1.html
2018-7-27
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

Jyunte Posted at 2018-7-27 07:39
DJI is well aware of this problem, even though they pretend they've never heard of it. They always ask the same questions ("did you reclibrate the IMU, compass, and VPS?") and ask you to send them a video. Then nothing gets fixed. I've received 5 Mavic Pro aircraft from DJI, and they ALL exhibit this problem. It is a firmware/hardware problem that DJI does not want to fix as it would be too expensive for them.

The are dozens of threads about it. Here's mine, which started in December 2017, and is still active, though DJI hid it in the Service forum, and then the thread need to be "recovered" because it just disappeared (DJI claims they did not hide it, lol): https://forum.dji.com/thread-124081-1-1.html

that's incredible I never read about this issue but now I understand that DJI doesn't want to manage this situation
Really is a big problem for all
2018-7-27
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-7-27 07:53
that's incredible I never read about this issue but now I understand that DJI doesn't want to manage this situation
Really is a big problem for all

There are actually other threads (not mine) which go back a year-and-a-half, describing the same problems. Dozens of people reporting the same issues, with ZERO input from DJI.

The problem is not limited to DJI aircraft... Their OSMO platform has similar issues with the gimbals rotating without user input. I'm sure we'll probably hear the same thing about the DJI Ronin series too.

Do a quick look through the thread index in this forum, and you'll see the same thing reported by owners of the Mavic Pro and Mavic Air. Now, supposedly, all of those threads should be in the Service forum, because they cover the same topic as my thread. But, for some reason, DJI moved my thread there after being active for a month and gaining too much visibility, but has not done the same to all the other threads. LOL. DJI then hid my thread, so that no one could find it without the direct URL. When questioned about it, they "recovered" it and denied hiding it. They didn't hide it, just like they didn't hide another one of my threads that they don't like... Which is identically invisible in the thread index, unsearchable, and only viewable if you know the exact URL!
2018-7-27
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes, this seems to be normal with DJI drones generally. As I've commented in some of the other threads, my P4P and Mavic Pro in GPS mode both can't maintain a straight ground track or maintain a heading without drifting under any conditions I've yet tried. IMU and compass calibration doesn't affect it, nor does firmware version or turning off everything I can find or turning on everything I can find .

It looks to me like just something basic broken in DJI's flight controllers, but there's not really any way to confirm that that I know of.

What I've done is just learned how to hand fly the aircraft to maintain a heading and a straight course over the ground. Takes some practice but over time I'm getting better at it.
2018-7-27
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Jyunte Posted at 2018-7-27 08:25
There are actually other threads (not mine) which go back a year-and-a-half, describing the same problems. Dozens of people reporting the same issues, with ZERO input from DJI.

The problem is not limited to DJI aircraft... Their OSMO platform has similar issues with the gimbals rotating without user input. I'm sure we'll probably hear the same thing about the DJI Ronin series too.

"They didn't hide it, just like they didn't hide another one of my threads that they don't like... Which is identically invisible in the thread index, unsearchable, and only viewable if you know the exact URL! "

Try searching using Google, or other search engine with this string:-

site:forum.dji.com Jyunte
2018-7-27
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

Jyunte Posted at 2018-7-27 08:25

In this situation it seems a no way to resolve issue, and really I think that this is a problem because it’s a must that drone flight in direction pilot chose !,,
2018-7-27
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

luciens Posted at 2018-7-27 08:48
Yes, this seems to be normal with DJI drones generally. As I've commented in some of the other threads, my P4P and Mavic Pro in GPS mode both can't maintain a straight ground track or maintain a heading without drifting under any conditions I've yet tried. IMU and compass calibration doesn't affect it, nor does firmware version or turning off everything I can find or turning on everything I can find .

It looks to me like just something basic broken in DJI's flight controllers, but there's not really any way to confirm that that I know of.

Yes with practice sometimes is possible to manage issue but when you flight in extreme situation without vlos it’s very dangerous
2018-7-27
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

Below for you another example in forward mode with fine correction during the way !!!!!

2018-7-27
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-27 08:50
"They didn't hide it, just like they didn't hide another one of my threads that they don't like... Which is identically invisible in the thread index, unsearchable, and only viewable if you know the exact URL! "

Try searching using Google, or other search engine with this string:-

Well, yeah, you can use Google to find threads, if you know specifically what to search for... But for people coming to this support forum, it didn't appear in the index, and you couldn't search for it, and when people reply, it didn't pop up at the top of the thread index! Very sneaky.
2018-7-27
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-7-27 10:09
Yes with practice sometimes is possible to manage issue but when you flight in extreme situation without vlos it’s very dangerous

Unfortunately there's no other choice, apparently. But with practice you can make the manual corrections less and less obvious.

My thought is that it's probably something too troublesome for DJI to fix, so it just keeps never getting fixed. Or maybe it just can't be fixed.
In the older flight controllers, they had manual mode which was basically everything shut off except the attitude gyros. My Wookong that I have in my F550/ocusync air unit has this and that's how I fly it at all times in fact. It flies like a regular R/C helicopter in that mode. That requires a lot more hand flying, but with practice you really can fly a straight course and heading.

but I doubt there will be a manual mode in the drones, due to the flight restrictions, etc.

This drifting is probably something we'll just have to live with.....
2018-7-27
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

luciens Posted at 2018-7-27 11:30
Unfortunately there's no other choice, apparently. But with practice you can make the manual corrections less and less obvious.

My thought is that it's probably something too troublesome for DJI to fix, so it just keeps never getting fixed. Or maybe it just can't be fixed.

Thanks luciens for info we’ll flight with this problem BTW we hope DJI will manage the issue
2018-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-7-27 10:16
Below for you another example in forward mode with fine correction during the way !!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvkGvORbMa0

Your basically flying under the cover of trees over grass so you could be getting problems both from weak gps and VPs sensors not being able to get a good lock from the surface your flying over.
2018-7-27
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-27 12:50
Your basically flying under the cover of trees over grass so you could be getting problems both from weak gps and VPs sensors not being able to get a good lock from the surface your flying over.

Perhaps but other brand hasn’t this problem so I think as many pilots sad that is a DJI issue
2018-7-27
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-7-27 22:48
Perhaps but other brand hasn’t this problem so I think as many pilots sad that is a DJI issue

I flew my Mavic Pro today, for the first time since July. I'd just done the firmware update on both the aircraft and the controller. Same problem as before... Drifted to the right badly. I also got a weird error while it was sitting on the ground.... Never seen the error before, and can't remember it.... I think it said "Can't take off: Point Error". I rebooted the aircraft and the problem went away... Durning the next flight, the gimbal reset, and it took 30 seconds to recover control.
2018-9-22
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-22 17:31
I see this is an older thread so if it's been resolved please disregard...

I've had a bird with this issue.  Push straight forward but it flies off to one side by a few degrees.  Try the following steps:

Oh, believe me, I've tried everything. My particular Mavic Pro saga has been going on for well over a year. It's a problem with the aircraft itself. I'm on my FIFTH Mavic Pro in an attempt to get this fixed. At first DJI ignored the problem, then, as dozens of others started reporting the same issue (on the Mavic Pro, Mavic Air and other DJI platforms) DJI even hid the threads that discussed it! The main thread started here: New (Replacement) Mavic Pro Rotates/Slides with No Controller Input, though there is a very long thread that predates mine by a year! The "Point Error" is a new one though, but I'll start a new thread to find out what that's all about.
2018-9-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2018-9-22 17:57
Oh, believe me, I've tried everything. My particular Mavic Pro saga has been going on for well over a year. It's a problem with the aircraft itself. I'm on my FIFTH Mavic Pro in an attempt to get this fixed. At first DJI ignored the problem, then, as dozens of others started reporting the same issue (on the Mavic Pro, Mavic Air and other DJI platforms) DJI even hid the threads that discussed it! The main thread started here: New (Replacement) Mavic Pro Rotates/Slides with No Controller Input, though there is a very long thread that predates mine by a year! The "Point Error" is a new one though, but I'll start a new thread to find out what that's all about.

At first DJI ignored the problem, then, as dozens of others started reporting the same issue (on the Mavic Pro, Mavic Air and other DJI platforms) DJI even hid the threads that discussed it!

When you start new Thread, Link back to the Disappeared thread.  Nothing like a little history to set the stage.

2018-9-22
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-22 20:33
At first DJI ignored the problem, then, as dozens of others started reporting the same issue (on the Mavic Pro, Mavic Air and other DJI platforms) DJI even hid the threads that discussed it!

When you start new Thread, Link back to the Disappeared thread.  Nothing like a little history to set the stage.

It’s true no dji feedback about this big problem. Really I don’t understand why ......
In rhis situation isn’t possible to flight in some area with safety and software control
2018-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules