Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Notice on New Phantom 3 Firmware V1.1.9
8561 34 2015-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi all,

A new firmware for Phantom 3 will be released today. Below are the main updates:

Overview
1. All-in-One Firmware version updated to: v1.1.9

Major Updates
1. Fixed issue of some aircraft unable to determine their altitudes.
2. Fixed issue of the DJI Pilot app unable to obtain and display battery error history.
3. Fixed issue of the compass calibration progress not being displayed properly.

Notice
1. Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install. ​

2. Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.1.8, as
the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.

2015-5-22
Use props
fiskld
lvl.1

United States

Awesome, thanks a lot!!!!
2015-5-22
Use props
s_nyky.yahoo
lvl.3

Canada

What about disconnection problems, anything on that issue??? This thing disconnects all the time and I emailed support over one week ago and no help whatsoever!
2015-5-22
Use props
FantomDK
Second Officer

Denmark

Thank you!

How about issues regarding the horizon often not being level on video and photos? Usually it becomes un-level by yaw'ing/rotating.

-
Buy your DJI Phantom 3, DJI-gear, extra DJI Batteries, DJI Hardshell Backpacks from the DJI Store by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-22
Use props
sebiss.hotmail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1291900 ft
  • >>>
France

s_nyky.yahoo Posted at 2015-5-22 22:38
What about disconnection problems, anything on that issue??? This thing disconnects all the time and ...

I have the same problem ! I'll do the update ... Maybe the problem will be solved.
2015-5-22
Use props
bedkopen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1120623 ft
Netherlands

sebiss.hotmail Posted at 2015-5-23 00:43
I have the same problem ! I'll do the update ... Maybe the problem will be solved.

I have also the same problem after the latest firmware V1.1.9 update.
It isn't connect anymore en get the status Disconnected all the time
At first I thought maybe It is because the firmware diverece from the P3P v1.1.9 and the RC V1.1.8
So I wanted to upgrade the RC to v1.1.9 but I got the response that a upate is not possible because the same or older firmare is found on the SD card. So it isn't possible tot upgrade the RC to V1.1.9

Chips, now I can't fly anymore and must wait for a sollution!!!!

Somebody help
2015-5-24
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

bedkopen@planet Posted at 2015-5-24 20:41
It isn't connect anymore en  ...

Hi all,

A new firmware for Phantom 3 will be released today. Below are the main updates:

Overview
1. All-in-One Firmware version updated to: v1.1.9

Major Updates
1. Fixed issue of some aircraft unable to determine their altitudes.
2. Fixed issue of the DJI Pilot app unable to obtain and display battery error history.
3. Fixed issue of the compass calibration progress not being displayed properly.

Notice
1. Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install. ​

2. Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.1.8, as
the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.

2015-5-24
Use props
jaapotto
lvl.3

Netherlands

With the new update (v1.1.9) it's said that the controller does not need to be updated if you have v1.1.8
I'm doing the update process for the first time. Updating the P3 went fine. However the controller won't start its update.
I am following all the steps explained in the "DJI Phantom 3 Firmware update, complete tutorial", but at the part where you update the controller it does not start bleebing and show a blue led after 1 minute to indicate it's updating. Instead it does nothing for about 5 minutes and then a slow bleebing like: deeeed - deeeed - deeeed while showing a constant red led (the controller does turn on and shows the same red led as in the tutorial at the start of the controller update process)
After waiting to see if anything would happen I turned the controller off and checked the SD card for a log file. There is none. Only the 1.1.9 bin file.
I assume this means the update never started, but is it because the software is up to date (which I doubt as the v1.1.9 is just out). Is it because v1.1.8 is installed and trying to install v1.1.9 simply wont start because it's not needed. Or did something went wrong and do i need to try again ?
2015-5-24
Use props
bedkopen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1120623 ft
Netherlands

!!!!!! Now it is connected again. I don't understand it. Maybe that a few restarts was the solution!
2015-5-24
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
United States

jaapotto Posted at 2015-5-24 20:52
With the new update (v1.1.9) it's said that the controller does not need to be updated if you have ...

Here's exactly what I did:

Download update file from DJI web site
Unzip files from download
Remove SD card from gimbal.
Place SD card in adapter and plug into PC
Delete any old .txt file from SD card
Delete the v1.1.8 .bin file from SD card
Copy v1.1.9 .bin file into root directory of SD card
Remove SD card adapter from PC
Remove SD card from adapter
Make sure RC is off
Press the "on" button on the battery to make sure you have at least 50% battery life remaining
Make sure Phantom is off
Insert SD card into appropriate slot on gimball
Turn on Phantom
Wait a few minutes
Repeat - just kidding.
DJI says the update might take 30 - 45 minutes. Mine took about 20 - 25 minutes
DO NOT TURN ON THE REMOTE CONTROLLER - IT DOES NOT GET UPDATED ON THIS PARTICULAR FIRMWARE RELEASE.

To identify the sequence of beeps you should hear, refer to the original FAQ from DJI concerning running firmware updates.

There is a slight deviation one might take instead of the above - if you don't have an easy way to read/write the SD card. Personally, I like the remove the card, place in adapter, etc., method. It has worked fine for me for the last two updates. MY METHOD IS NOT NECESSARILY THE ONLY ONE AVAILABLE - it's just the one I used and it worked fine.
2015-5-24
Use props
jaapotto
lvl.3

Netherlands

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-24 21:17
Here's exactly what I did:

Download update file from DJI web site

Thank you for your reply. However as I said my phantom 3 updated no problem.

The release notes say "users MAY skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.1.8"

I do not know what my remote firmware version is as I can not find it anywhere (in the software or on file). So I figured I just do the update to be safe.
Also since the v1.1.8 is no where to be found anymore on the site and the v1.1.9 said the be "All-in-One" I expect trying to install v1.1.9 on my remote should atleast do something...

UPDATE 1:
This also brings another questioin: Where do I find older software updates?
Say i miss an update for whatever reason (on a long holiday, no time to play, etc) in the release notes it says:
"1. Users are adviced to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install"
If the older updates are not on the site how do I install the latest one?
2015-5-24
Use props
CapitAn
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

l would like an official DJI answer to the same question.

What does this really mean? "Notice: 1. Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install."​
My copter is performing perfectly on 1.1.6 and l have zero desire to risk that by "updating". Am l really not going to be able to update further down the road if l choose to, say 5 updates from now? What about when this rush to purchase is over and dealers have a pile of inventory sitting on their shelves. Will they have to crack them open and update them lest they become useless when bought?

l'm hoping it's a language-barrier thing, or just an incentive to have everybody update, but would like official word on this please.
2015-5-24
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
United States

CapitAn Posted at 2015-5-24 22:52

What does this really mean? "Notice: 1.  ...

I agree. My other hobby is amateur radio. My main rig (an Elecraft K3 transceiver) has had numerous updates since its inception. If you don't feel you need a particular update, you can skip that one and install the next one - or not. Any update provided generally includes everything updated prior to that point. So, in theory, you can "jump in line" at any time.

The statements from DJI about needing a given update or you might not be able to install future updates - kind of scares me. Maybe it *is* just a language thing, as someone suggested.

I also wish DJI would address the questions about determining current versions of software/hardware/firmware - make them more obvious, is that possible?
2015-5-24
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

CapitAn Posted at 2015-5-24 22:52

What does this really mean? "Notice: 1.  ...

CapitAn, right now with the last two upgrades you could skip one or two and still do the upgrade.  However, that may not always be true.  The Inspire has had mandatory upgrades that if not performed you were not able to arm your Inspire.  I think that DJI may saying that there may be some of those for the P3.  We have not seen one yet.  I am not sure why so many are reluctant to upgrade.  Have you seen a lot of issues with v1.1.8 or 1.1.9?  I am on v1.1.9 and no issues so far.  As always, it is your craft and you can do what you wish until DJI makes it mandatory.  
2015-5-24
Use props
CapitAn
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-24 23:59
CapitAn, right now with the last two upgrades you could skip one or two and still do the upgrade.  ...

Thank you Tahoe_Ed for your prompt and helpful response.
l was thinking more of 3.10 and how l was thankful to have stayed at 3.08.
lt makes sense (to me) to watch and learn before jumping into new FW, however with the rapidity of upgrades following a new release l wouldn't want to shoot myself in the foot it something was mandatory and l missed it. l hope there would be a change in language if something WAS mandatory because l've already become complacent at reading the sentence in question.
2015-5-24
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

My P3 Pro made several motor arming sounds while the 1.1.9 update was in progress.  This was extremely worrisome.  I was not sure if the motors are about to spin or not.  It also shut the status LED's off about a minute before the update was complete.  I would advise removing props for the update.  

Not sure why the ESC's are making arming tones during the firmware update... But it happened to me.  At the end the .txt file said the update was "Successful".  The drone flies OK with 1.1.9.  

2015-5-24
Use props
jaapotto
lvl.3

Netherlands

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-24 23:59
CapitAn, right now with the last two upgrades you could skip one or two and still do the upgrade.  ...

I agree if its adviced to update then one should update.

However could you awnser the questions I asked earlier concerning my attemped to update the controller please?
Also:

1) Where can we find/read the current software versioin of the Phantom and controller?
Somewhere in the app it only says the app version. The next line it should say the P3 and controller version (I think) but in my case it just says N/A. If S.W. updates become mandatory it would help if we knew what version we're actually on.

2) On app start up it "checks" the software version and says "up-to-date" with a green light..... Is it?
Cause I am still on the older app version (the latest is not in the play store yet) and when the new 1.1.9 update came out, it still says all is "up to date". What is it exactly it checks?

3) If the next update won't install unless you have the last update installed. Where can we find the older updates?
2015-5-24
Use props
feliperabanal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 932228 ft
  • >>>
Chile

sebiss.hotmail Posted at 2015-5-23 00:43

I had the same problem of loss of signal for some seconds, with a b&w screen and advice of "nos signal". The aircraft was only 15m of distance and about 7m above the ground. It couldn't be an interference issue. So I'm afraid there is a bug in the latest firmware. I have seen similar problems in other forums, and all people recently upgraded the firmware (1.1.9) ...what do you think?! I hadn't any problem with the last firmware 1.1.8.
2015-5-24
Use props
kenmasters
lvl.1

Canada

I got the phantom the other day.  Starting the firmware upgrade to 1.1.9.   Did the phantom first but when I did the controller, it said that it was already updated.   I'm sure it wasn't and I don't think phantoms come with v1.1.8 or 9  by default.   The DJI app says its on 1.1.9 already.   Doesn't matter to me, but curious if this was normal behaviour.  
2015-5-24
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

v1.1.9 does not required a Transmitter update.  It is normal.
2015-5-25
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

jaapotto Posted at 2015-5-25 06:54
I agree if its adviced to update then one should update.

However could you awnser the questions I ...

if you have already upgraded the P3 then you need to upgrade the App.  There continues to be enhancements to the App and it is important to keep it up to date.  I noticed when on an older version of the App, I had two video drop outs today where I have not had any prior to this time.  I am upgrading my App right now.  There will be a new version later this week or so.  Look out for it and please do the upgrade.  The new version tells you the firmware version and the App version.  

Just update to the new version.  We pull the older versions when a new version is released.  You cannot go back to a prior version of the firmware.  The version checking will not allow you to do that.
2015-5-25
Use props
mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I save all the firmware files I download for anything I own, so if someone really needs a older version then pm me and I will share
2015-5-25
Use props
jaapotto
lvl.3

Netherlands

mark97564@gmail Posted at 2015-5-26 06:31
I save all the firmware files I download for anything I own, so if someone really needs a older vers ...

Thank you for the offer. I might take you up on that.
However for now I'll wait a bit longer see if I find another solution, or an official DJI place for the older firmware (if it turns out I actually need that)
2015-5-26
Use props
mark97564
Second Officer
United States

I'm not official but I've got the same zip file dji would give you, so just let me know..
2015-5-26
Use props
jaapotto
lvl.3

Netherlands

mark97564@gmail Posted at 2015-5-27 03:24
I'm not official but I've got the same zip file dji would give you, so just let me know..

I seem to have managed to get it sorted. Thanks again though
2015-5-26
Use props
mark97564
Second Officer
United States

No problem, offer is there for anyone that would need it
2015-5-26
Use props
aeriallens
lvl.4

United States

jaapotto - So...what exactly did you do to make things right???  I am stumpted.

I have EXACTLY the same problem with my controller -- nothing but red on a brand new never flown P3 Advanced. I am scared to death to simply abort the process for fear something will get messed up before I fly for the bvery first time. The aircraft did something similar - never updated - I took a chance and shut it off after 55 minutes (no beeps but red lights flashe the whole time); IT did a text file saying ABORTED firmware on SD same as or older than what was installed.

Different story on controller -- it is telling me nothing. Knowing I wont find out tonight, I guess I will turn it off.  Scared to death, but oh well. I really hate it when instruction don't...well, instruct. Like DJI should mention this situation? And what to do?

Awaiting advice on next steps....

Thanks - Phil
2015-6-11
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

aeriallens@gmai Posted at 2015-6-12 14:54
jaapotto - So...what exactly did you do to make things right???  I am stumpted.

I have EXACTLY the  ...

The controller wont update when the FW is 1.8, you dont need to update it in this case. Normally you have to take an USB stick, format it with fat32. Put the FW file on it and plug it into the remote controller. Than switch the remote controller on and it will update or abort when you already have the correct FW, in this case you cant update to FW 1.9 when you have FW1.8, there were no changes. When it aborts it will create a txt will that says update aborted.

Its a very easy process and you cant damage anything.
2015-6-12
Use props
Davidnblundell
New

United Kingdom

s_nyky.yahoo Posted at 2015-5-22 22:38
What about disconnection problems, anything on that issue??? This thing disconnects all the time and ...

Hi this may be just as simple as getting a QUALITY usb to micro usb lead  Hope it works it worked for me Regards Dave
2015-8-7
Use props
blueboing101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66650 ft
United Kingdom

I have this problem my phantom is now useless and affecting my business which is in its pre-start up stages. Wish I had gone for something else!!! a little more reliable.... started last week with ultrasonic sensor issues asked for update, did that now just a pile of spare parts until I can find a way to update my controller feel let down by DJI wasnt cheap in the uk either for what it is
2015-8-8
Use props
blueboing101
lvl.1
United Kingdom

is there anywhere I can find older updates pre v1.1.9
2015-8-8
Use props
gregg1r
First Officer

United States

blueboing101@li Posted at 2015-8-8 17:02
is there anywhere I can find older updates pre v1.1.9

The only way that I know for down grading the present firmware is being a SDK developer.

The latest version of the firmware 1.3.20 is supposed to allow you to go back to 1.1..9 if you don't like how your craft flys after install.
2015-8-8
Use props
blueboing101
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Cheers gregg1r, my bird is dead man... not sure what happened I did the update as requested and now disconnected. I have lost two days of decent weather at a brilliant locations im gutted man, never had this problem with my 2 zenmuse... never crashed it or dropped hard anything like that. Had a ultrasonic sensor issue which is why I updated wish I hadn't bothered as it's ruined my holiday and is about to start losing me money. Support isn't helping quickly enough. Is there any way you can read the rc and phantom on pc or mac to try and see what's happening or even install onto the rc from the other port not usb that you have heard of? I have tried to downgrade and upgrade etc with no joy on RC phantom does it all fine.... think I have somehow been bricked out only had it a month and due to british weather and working nights flown it a handful of times on which it performed perfectly what I have now is a joyless experience
2015-8-10
Use props
rucchio
New

Belarus

Restart is the best option. By the way, here what I got from Israel - Click Here
2018-2-18
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

rucchio Posted at 2018-2-18 03:41
Restart is the best option. By the way, here what I got from Israel - Click Here

...... the message you replied to is over 2 years old !!

Cheers
Nigel
2018-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules