Repaired Spark activation invalid
3084 6 2018-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stevecrossrock
lvl.2

I just my Spark back from the US repair facility. They replaced the main board/motherboard, so it now has a new serial number and QR code. It came back in the original box, however, so the QR code on the box doesn't match the new one on the drone. When I went to activate it in the GO4 app, I made the mistake of scanning the QR code on the box, not the drone. Obviously that activation failed because it was the QR code/serial # from before the repair.

The problem is that when I try to scan the new/correct QR code, it always fails to scan. I've even tried putting the sticker on the box so that it's on a blank background, but it will not scan. Then when it tries the other method of activation (with drone on and connected), it gives me an "Invalid Device" error and will not activate.

I've also connected it to Assistant 2 and updated to the latest firmware and restored factory defaults.
2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry that you are having issues in activating you DJI Spark. Just for reference, I will be posting the DJI official tutorial video on how to activate the DJI Spark. Let us see if this will work.

2018-7-21
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

Yep they are slack on the refurb side , I had the same issue in china at the SZ store , paid refurb Spark to replace my old battery drop destroyed Spark  , new ssid on the drone motherboard, old ssid information on the labels and qr codes , eventually i left the store with a new one because no one could get it working with my phone.......

Although my new refurb Mavic Pro from DJI USA is problem free so far ;)

2018-7-22
Use props
Stevecrossrock
lvl.2

Got it activated- I didn't realize I wasn't signed in to my account on the app. When it gets to the last screen in the activation process, you need to make sure you're logged in at that point. But this is still a silly bug in the app- it shouldn't say "invalid device" when you aren't signed in, it should say "you need to log in to your account" or something similar.

I'm going to look into these refurbs! If I can get a Mavic pro for cheap enough I just might go for it!
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Stevecrossrock Posted at 2018-7-22 08:33
Got it activated- I didn't realize I wasn't signed in to my account on the app. When it gets to the last screen in the activation process, you need to make sure you're logged in at that point. But this is still a silly bug in the app- it shouldn't say "invalid device" when you aren't signed in, it should say "you need to log in to your account" or something similar.

I'm going to look into these refurbs! If I can get a Mavic pro for cheap enough I just might go for it!

Hi, sorry about that, we will forward your concern to our R&D engineers for consideration. Please do not hesitate to reach us whenever you need our help. Thank you.
2018-7-22
Use props
Sbinion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48333 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue in not being able to activate my Spark after having the main board replaced.  I'm getting error 1112 and 1106.  I contacted the hobby shop (Mid City Hobby in Pewaukee, WI)  where the board came from and was told that they buy all of there drones directly through DJI.  They could not assist me on how to correct the issue. I have attached pictures of the error codes, wifi/sn sticker as well as the receipt and email string form the hobby shop.

emails with Seller

emails with Seller

Sellers description

Sellers description

Receipt

Receipt

Error 1112

Error 1112

Error 1106

Error 1106

SN & Wifi info

SN & Wifi info
2020-1-11
Use props
djiuser_zv1YryafQ5vp
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-21 12:56
I am sorry that you are having issues in activating you DJI Spark. Just for reference, I will be posting the DJI official tutorial video on how to activate the DJI Spark. Let us see if this will work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so1b6BSQTzE

This is not working for me? I am not sure what the issue is... I purchased this from a private seller, I cannot activate the drone, I get the 1112 and 1106 error code... Nothing I have tried has worked... Is this useless?
2022-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules