P4P Plus Fly safe database app not opening!
591 9 2018-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChavaLozVi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89738 ft

Mexico

I recently bought this P4P Plus used, so no warranty.
When I received the drone the first thing I did was to update everything to the latest firmware.
After updating everything I noticed that I  couldn't open the fly safe app on the RC. The fly safe database on the drone is updated. But even though the fly safe app is updated I can't use it alone nor when connected to the drone.
Any info is greatly appreciated.
2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Do you have a screenshot or what you're seeing in the screen while trying to access that?
2018-7-22
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.3

Mexico

Well a screenshot won't work because I'm not getting any error messages, no matter how many times I tap on the icon it just won't open the app. I also tried opening the app while connecting the remote control to the aircraft with the provided mini USB cable and it won't open either. The precise fly safe database (app) is    V01.00.01.09
Basic fly safe database is V01.00.01.07
Remote control firmware V1.04.01.00
Aircraft Firmware V01.05.0600
20180722_165221.jpg
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi, I am sorry for the trouble of not able to use the fly safe function of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus. I will be posting a link where you can utilize the fly safe function of your Drone. Hope this link can help.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-7-22
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.3

Mexico

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-22 14:38
Hi, I am sorry for the trouble of not able to use the fly safe function of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus. I will be posting a link where you can utilize the fly safe function of your Drone. Hope this link can help.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=nav

Hi Stephen!
Thanks for your reply. I tried looking for solutions in the website you shared before posting but found none. Do you have any idea as to why the app is unresponsive?
2018-7-24
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.3

Mexico

ChavaLozVi Posted at 2018-7-24 07:43
Hi Stephen!
Thanks for your reply. I tried looking for solutions in the website you shared before posting but found none. Do you have any idea as to why the app is unresponsive?

***UPDATE***
I reset to factory default settings, app still wont open on RC. Does someone have a clue as to what might be causing this?

2018-7-24
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

ChavaLozVi Posted at 2018-7-24 09:13
***UPDATE***
I reset to factory default settings, app still wont open on RC. Does someone have a clue as to what might be causing this?

What you try to open is not any Fly safe app, it WAS a icon used to download maps to the device.
The function don't work anymore, you have to cache the maps by, while online, drag around the area you need the maps for. Remember to zoom in close too, in order to have the details cached along.
2018-7-25
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.3

Mexico

Thanks so much for your help. @DJI in the next software update remove the icon, and please let us download any apps we want on the P4P+ RC.
2018-7-25
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

ChavaLozVi Posted at 2018-7-25 04:05
Thanks so much for your help. @DJI in the next software update remove the icon, and please let us download any apps we want on the P4P+ RC.

No problem, sorry to read about all you have tried in order to get this working.
I think the download in some way will be back on next release for the controller, at least that is what we have been told.

We are some that has experienced problems with the app in this current release, this shown by slow response and common app crashes (DJI GO4 stopped responding). If you also experience this i can recommend to install previous version, beside running better it still had the map download working, using Here Maps.

2018-7-26
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.3

Mexico

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-26 05:54
No problem, sorry to read about all you have tried in order to get this working.
I think the download in some way will be back on next release for the controller, at least that is what we have been told.

Thanks for you valuable info!!!! I Will try to downgrade to the previous RC Firmware. If i can't I'll just wait for the next release
2018-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules