Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro controller bottom USB not working
16141 23 2018-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0a1086ba
lvl.1
Guatemala

Hey guys... I´ve been using my Mavic Pro for some months now, but suddenly the bottom USB port on the remote stopped working.
* Drone and controller are updated to the latest version.
* I tried several different cables, I tried switching iPhones to see if that was the problem.
* Finally I looked for the oem usb side cable, gave it a try and it worked perfectly...

The iPhone doesn´t even vibrate once when connecting it via usb to the controller. I get a "disconnected" message on DJI Go 4 app and a black screen.

I have never used both usb ports at the same time.

Have you had this issue?

2018-7-21
Use props
Simmo1
First Officer
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Is it a charge only cable??
2018-7-21
Use props
fans0a1086ba
lvl.1
Guatemala

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-7-21 18:26
Is it a charge only cable??

Nop, I´m using an iPhone with several usb-lightning cables. Even a brand new Apple (data) cable and also two cables that have worked perfectly in the past in this same setup.
2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, glad to know that you were able to fix the issue, in any case, that the issue will persist you can send it to our facility so that we can check the USB ports of your RC. Kindly keep us updated.
2018-7-22
Use props
fans0a1086ba
lvl.1
Guatemala

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-22 10:55
Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, glad to know that you were able to fix the issue, in any case, that the issue will persist you can send it to our facility so that we can check the USB ports of your RC. Kindly keep us updated.

The problem has not been solved

The bottom USB port is still not working at all. The workaround was to use the sideport. Any other troubleshooting for this symptom?
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans0a1086ba Posted at 2018-7-22 11:24

The bottom USB port is still not working at all. The workaround was to use the sideport. Any other troubleshooting for this symptom?

May I have your app version? did you check if you're running the latest iOs on your iPhone?
2018-7-22
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

fans0a1086ba Posted at 2018-7-22 11:24

Did you remove the micro USB cable from the side port? The larger USB port won’t work if there’s a cable plugged into the smaller side port.

Jeff
2018-7-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

Try doing a reset on your controller with DJI Assistant 2?
2018-7-22
Use props
fans0a1086ba
lvl.1
Guatemala

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-22 11:33
May I have your app version? did you check if you're running the latest iOs on your iPhone?

I tried two different phones (iPhones both). Answering to your question in my phone (which did work just fine until now) I have:

Dji Go 4 app V4.2.22 (3162)
iOS 11.4.1

Neither show available updates (nor the drone).

2018-7-22
Use props
fans0a1086ba
lvl.1
Guatemala

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-7-22 11:55
Did you remove the micro USB cable from the side port? The larger USB port won’t work if there’s a cable plugged into the smaller side port.

Jeff

I did, as a matter of fact this started hapenning without the micro USB cable from the side port. I had it stored in my office as I was using an Apple thunderbolt cable only, until I started getting this problem and started troubleshooting.
2018-7-22
Use props
fans0a1086ba
lvl.1
Guatemala

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-7-22 12:23
Try doing a reset on your controller with DJI Assistant 2?

I did. I also did a downgrade gave it a try (didn´t work) and then an upgrade once again to the actual version (didn´t work either).
2018-7-22
Use props
SJdrone
New
United States

I have the same exact problem. For me this is the first time use.  Just got my drone a few days ago. Updated firmware. Everything worked with the side micro USB cable. Disconnected that and tried to use the big USB-A port on the bottom and it does not connect.  Fairly new Android with USB-C connector. Tried 3 different cables.  
2018-7-22
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

If you have in fact done the following then the bottom port is bad.

1.  Absolutely ensure there is no cable plugged into the side port.  if anything is plugged in then the bottom port will not work.
2.  Try your OEM cable that came with your device to plug into the bottom port.  Ensure the cable is good and works as a not just a charging cable but also a data cable.
3. Try other cables.  Try another cable or two that are not after market but are in fact certified OEM cables.  
4.  Ensure there is no debris in the bottom port.  If possible use a bottle of canned air and blow out the port.
5.  If none of these work assuming you are within warranty open a case and send them the info of all of these steps preformed.  
2018-7-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

fans0a1086ba Posted at 2018-7-22 14:10
I did. I also did a downgrade gave it a try (didn´t work) and then an upgrade once again to the actual version (didn´t work either).

I had a similar problem out of the box, memory serves me correct I had to downgrade the firmware on both the Mavic Pro and Remote Controller because the RC didn't upgrade only the Mavic did. When I downgraded both of them I was able to upgrade the Remote and Mavic together.
2018-7-22
Use props
R.MRT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6240 ft
Spain

Hey guys,

I see that many people are having issues with the remote connector/charging port.  I also had issues myself and contacted DJI. They asked me to send them the remote which I did on the first week of January. Guess what, Today I am still waiting for them to send it back.  When they received it, they asked me to pay €115.85 to fix a manufacturing flaw (should be covered under warranty) My options? None, because if I get someone else to fix it for a reasonable price, I lose my product warranty (for whatever it’s worth).
This is quite abusive, right? It only gets worse.

So, because I’m going traveling during the month of February and was planning to do some filming I paid them the money and they tell I should have it in less than 12 days. They fix it in a day and when telling UPS the delivery address they mess up and use my address and the zip code of a different country. To date, 22 February, I’ve had endless calls and emails with them an no one has been able to confirm if they have the remote back. You would think that a company their size with which you spend €2000+ on their products would take responsibility for their mistakes, right? So did I. I asked them many times to send me a remote before I went on holidays, send me a remote while I was on holidays or help me get one from any of their distributors in the country. No sign of intention whatsoever to help. To add insult to injury, nobody knows where my remote is.

I asked for cooperation’s to solve the issue along with the three questions below:
1. How your company compensates its clients for mistakes of this kind.
2. How often you received remotes for repairs related to the micro USB charger. From the online forums, it appears to be high.
3. Whether your clients have the option to get the remote repaired at a cheaper price elsewhere without losing the product's warranty.
I mentioned I was planning to share their response:
The things you want me to comment on our confidential information, not a business in this world will, via its after-sales service, publicize information of that nature, of which I am quite sure you are aware. You don’t set a good precedent for cooperation to work on.

Stefan van den Berk
SUPERVISOR SUPPORT NL
DJI Europe

I became quite concerned about DJI practices at that stage. I talked to a few lawyers about what can be done to save others such an unpleasant experience. It turns out that DJI may be violating our Consumer Legislation in Europe and, if that the case, anyone who has gone through similar problems may be entitled to seek compensation. I have shared this information on different forums and got people contacting me separately. Anyone who wants more information on this or wants access to my communications with DJI, sales, customer support and legal departments can reach out to me on Rafmarti87@gmail.com
2019-2-22
Use props
djiuser_rOWcCvOwscdO
New

United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-7-22 11:55

Jeff

That's the solution~
2019-4-12
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good to hear.
2019-4-12
Use props
Qeeqaig
lvl.1
United States

I had the same problem and when i removed the usb cable from the side of the controller it works fine
2019-6-13
Use props
Qeeqaig
lvl.1
United States

I had the same problem and when i removed the usb cable from the side of the controller it works fine
2019-6-13
Use props
dimismc
lvl.1

I had the same "issue" with bottom USB and actually it was not an issue it was just the side cable that needs to be removed from the controler
2019-9-18
Use props
Flycaster
Captain

It may be that the side port inccured some damage (like the cable was inserted upside down, and damaged/"shorted" the RC connector, making it seem like there is something connected there, thus disabling the bottom port?
Does the remote charge normally? Does it communicate with PC/Assist 2 using the side port?
If it does, then the bottom port is bad.
2019-9-19
Use props
noobAtl404
lvl.1
United States

HOTFIX!!! HOTFIX!!! HOTFIX!!! HOTFIX!!!

I ran into the issue of the bottom USB port repeatedly connecting and disconnecting with my tablet when  I had an external charger plugged into the MICRO USB. After ordering numerous 3.0 and 2.0 cables and a few weeks of no luck, I was playing around with the controller a day before my big vacation and unhooked the external power from the MICRO USB port first and the bottom USB port worked. My tablet was recognized. I believe using both ports at once causes the controller to have issues with connecting to a tablet or phone. Well, the good this is I discovered a hotfix. Connect your phone/tablet to your drone first. Click Go Fly. Then plug your external power source into the MICRO USB port.  It's working like a charm for me. Let me know it works for you.
2019-10-28
Use props
djiuser_8bz8imqkbr8X
New
Flight distance : 55902 ft
United States

noobAtl404 Posted at 2019-10-28 15:45
HOTFIX!!! HOTFIX!!! HOTFIX!!! HOTFIX!!!

I ran into the issue of the bottom USB port repeatedly connecting and disconnecting with my tablet when  I had an external charger plugged into the MICRO USB. After ordering numerous 3.0 and 2.0 cables and a few weeks of no luck, I was playing around with the controller a day before my big vacation and unhooked the external power from the MICRO USB port first and the bottom USB port worked. My tablet was recognized. I believe using both ports at once causes the controller to have issues with connecting to a tablet or phone. Well, the good this is I discovered a hotfix. Connect your phone/tablet to your drone first. Click Go Fly. Then plug your external power source into the MICRO USB port.  It's working like a charm for me. Let me know it works for you.

@Mavic2, that trick or a variation of it (keeping the power on the micro) while fiddling with USB A fixed it for me!
2020-12-31
Use props
fansa7767c8d
New

Spain

I have MAVIC PRO since 2017. I have always used the lower USB port to connect the Ipad. There have never been vision loss problems. I had problems with the micro USB cable of the RC that did not connect well but I solved it with a new cable. For about three months (Nov. 2022) and without having updated anything since I bought it, I start having video signal loss problems when I connect through the USB port but NOT when I connect through the micro USB port (side) of the RC . I used several cables with the lower port and updated all the components but there has been no solution. .. sometimes there is a video signal and other times not, leaving the equipment on the table without moving. Finally I had to give up and use only the micro USB connector (side)... Could manipulations of the micro USB port be responsible?... Would I solve the problem by changing the USB module (bottom) in the RC?
2023-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules