Wavy video
Home / TELLO /
4728 11 2018-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Exiquio Oropeza
lvl.1

I’m having problems with the video, I made a flight and the video shows a lot of waves. I bought two months ago the tello but the problem began 10 days ago. In this YouTube link can check the video.

2018-7-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

that is because of the video electronic  stabilization
2018-7-23
Use props
Exiquio Oropeza
lvl.1

Mexico

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-7-23 16:26
that is because of the video electronic  stabilization

Ok and do you know how I can fix it? Thanks for your answer.
2018-7-23
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Exiquio Oropeza Posted at 2018-7-23 17:00
Ok and do you know how I can fix it? Thanks for your answer.

flying in no wind environment will reduce it
you can't completely fix it  or maybe we can request Ryze to make a option to enable the electronic stabilization but it will take shaky video     
2018-7-23
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I must admit i am not impressed over the video from the Tello. As long it is hovering it is looking nice beside some strange vertical jumps in the picture around every 2-3 sec. As soon as the Tello is moving i also see those waves and the whole picture get completely washed out by jpeg artifacts.
Pictures are of brilliant quality.
2018-7-24
Use props
JG-N
lvl.2

If you don't already use one, a wifi extender/repeater should also help. But like Jacksonnai said, you won't be able to eliminate it completely, just reduce it. If you want jello-free video, you need to spend more money and buy something like the spark with a mechanical gimbal. I'm not ready to spend that kind of money, so I'll just put up with the jello for now.
2018-7-24
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Dear Exiquio, sorry about your unpleasant experience. Wavy video may be caused by light, wind, bitrate etc. To reduce it, you might fly in no wind and lower its bitrates. Hope it would help.
2018-7-25
Use props
Exiquio Oropeza
lvl.1

Mexico

JG-N Posted at 2018-7-24 09:45
If you don't already use one, a wifi extender/repeater should also help. But like Jacksonnai said, you won't be able to eliminate it completely, just reduce it. If you want jello-free video, you need to spend more money and buy something like the spark with a mechanical gimbal. I'm not ready to spend that kind of money, so I'll just put up with the jello for now.

I already bought the spark but I see in other dji forums that the SPARK, MAVIC and PHANTOM  have problems with  jello effect, so I'm feel disapointed, because this drones have gimbals and more technology  even so have issues.
2018-7-25
Use props
djiuser_zNgUyUjW1XrL
New

Finland

I have the same problem. What’s weird is that the video used to look much better, but suddenly it started doing this wavy thing. When filming in wind, it used to just shake a lot, but not these waves.
2019-2-13
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_zNgUyUjW1XrL Posted at 2-13 06:35
I have the same problem. What’s weird is that the video used to look much better, but suddenly it started doing this wavy thing. When filming in wind, it used to just shake a lot, but not these waves.

We are very sorry about it.

Per the wavy video, if the ambient light is not adequate, please reduce the EV.  If the problem persists after the EV is set to the minimum value (-3), recommend that you can fly the aircraft on a sunny day with no wind. Besides, please fly in slow mode and take off safety guards.

If persists, could you please kindly provide a video showing this issue, plus screenshots of the drone's firmware version and system version of the phone? Thanks a lot in advance  
2019-2-13
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tello was design to fly indoors, it will create a wavy video at time when flown outdoors.
2019-2-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Limited gimbal stabilisation
2019-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now