Not connecting: DJI Go 4 <--> Samsung TAB S2 8" SM-T713 Android 7.0
8298 18 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TinoB
lvl.1

This is the 2018 model of the SM-T713 tablet which comes with Android 7.0. It cannot be downgraded via Odin to Android 6 because it asks silly password/PIN code questions upon reboot. And no, turning on bootup PIN before the downgrade doesn't help.

After playing Ninja", and confirming the flashing USB connection dialogue. It only connects randomly.

Cold boot, warm boot with or without RC or AC connected in whatever order, doesn't help.

When plugging in the USB cable, the connection icon turns blue for a split second and then greys out.

I purchased the SM-T713 explicitly for use with my P4PV2. And now it doesn't work. Frustrating.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

The SM-T713 is perfect as a monitor and video/photo review/publishing tablet.

2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi.  We do appreciate bringing this query to us. The SM-T713 tablet might have a compatibility issue. Please see the list of fully compatible devices for your DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 below. Thank you.

2018-7-22
Use props
TinoB
lvl.1

Hello DJI Stephen,

Thanks for your reply.

Tino
2018-7-22
Use props
TinoB
lvl.1

So, the only way it works is to
0) Ensure SM-T713 is powered off
1) Turn on RC and AC
2) Plug USB cable into the tablet
3) Power on the tablet
4) Confirm with Yes when USB accessory pop up appears (DO NOT TICK THE CHECKBOX !!! )
5) DJI Go 4 connects to the RC, ready to fly ...

2018-7-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It does not matter what stage you power on the tablet, just turn on the tablet, and controller, then plug in cable, if pop up does not show, unplug then plug back in and it will show up.

As for the password, im a little lost there, was it asking for a password? or wast it giving you the option to add a password/code
2018-7-22
Use props
TinoB
lvl.1

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-22 20:53
It does not matter what stage you power on the tablet, just turn on the tablet, and controller, then plug in cable, if pop up does not show, unplug then plug back in and it will show up.

As for the password, im a little lost there, was it asking for a password? or wast it giving you the option to add a password/code

Bashy, the SM-T713 does not work properly with DJI Go 4. It doesn't connect immediately like a Samsung S5 or other compatible devices, and the order of steps is the ONLY WAY which gets the SM-T713 connected to the RC.

The password/PIN issue occurs when using Odin 3 to downgrade the Android version from 7 to 6. There are several posts out there describing a workaround but none of them works.
2018-7-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

TinoB Posted at 2018-7-23 07:13
Bashy, the SM-T713 does not work properly with DJI Go 4. It doesn't connect immediately like a Samsung S5 or other compatible devices, and the order of steps is the ONLY WAY which gets the SM-T713 connected to the RC.

The password/PIN issue occurs when using Odin 3 to downgrade the Android version from 7 to 6. There are several posts out there describing a workaround but none of them works.

This problem can be overcome by switching on developer mode, then changing USB protocol from MTP to RNDIS. There's a good tutorial on how to do this, If I can find the link i'll post it here later.
2018-7-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

Bashy, the SM-T713 does not work properly with DJI Go 4. It doesn't connect immediately like a Samsung S5 or other compatible devices, and the order of steps is the ONLY WAY which gets the SM-T713 connected to the RC.

Found the link:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1245256
2018-7-28
Use props
TinoB
lvl.1

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-7-28 12:29
Found the link:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=139562&page=1&extra=#pid1245256

Thanks a bunch, Blériot.

When I switched from MTP to RNDIS, DJI Go 4 launched immediately (RC+AC connected).

However, within DJI Go 4, there was still no connection to the RC. I will try it a little bit more.
2018-7-29
Use props
TinoB
lvl.1

So, the only reliable process appears to be to turn on RC, AC, and tablet. Then launch DJI Go 4, select the drone model (P4P), and ENTER the flight mode even when disconnected.
Then, restart the tablet and it auto-starts the app and connects to the AC.

>>> DJI, please fix this! <<<
2018-7-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>

TinoB Posted at 2018-7-29 10:30
Thanks a bunch, Blériot.

When I switched from MTP to RNDIS, DJI Go 4 launched immediately (RC+AC connected).

Don't forget to clear defaults for DJI Go4 App each time you use it.
Settings>Apps>DJIGo4>  Change Set as Default to None set as Default, then reboot the tablet.
THEN, change MTP to RNDIS.Works for me.
The DJI Go4 App will launch showing SIGNAL LOST rather than DISCONNECTED, with the drone switched off.
Finally switch on the drone, and after a few seconds, away you go.
Good luck.

2018-7-29
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Samsung S7 edge and it is always a fight to get it connected. Inflight it will either freeze or reboot the phone. I've started using Litchi but I shouldn't have to buy an app to do what the go 4 is expected to do. my Samsung SM-T813 is an absolute 10 round fight to get go 4 run, having it not freeze up in flight is almost impossible.

2018-9-12
Use props
Djread00
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8817585 ft
  • >>>
United States

Edward J Smith Posted at 9-12 20:42
I have a Samsung S7 edge and it is always a fight to get it connected. Inflight it will either freeze or reboot the phone. I've started using Litchi but I shouldn't have to buy an app to do what the go 4 is expected to do. my Samsung SM-T813 is an absolute 10 round fight to get go 4 run, having it not freeze up in flight is almost impossible.

There's an easier way, power up the tab with USB disconected, Turn on the remote,wait 10 -15 secs before plugging in the USB. It will start the app and work as normal
2018-11-15
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Djread00 Posted at 11-15 14:23
There's an easier way, power up the tab with USB disconected, Turn on the remote,wait 10 -15 secs before plugging in the USB. It will start the app and work as normal

I have tried that and it will still reboot my phone or it will just freeze and I'll have to restart the app.
2018-11-21
Use props
Teddonald
New
Flight distance : 108812 ft
France

Hi
I found this solution, maybe it could help you

https://youtu.be/pxHcoCTx1mw
2019-5-4
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The problem is that folks are using inferior leads, some leads are  power only, no data, they will never work, the ones where you have to mess with the usb settings in the dev mode are just rubbish leads, the only thing you need to do to get the Tab S2 working is by NOT setting the DJI Go 4 app as default app, never set it, you ALWAYS want it to ask you if you want to launch the app. it also does not matter which way you  turn on stuff except for the controller, that is always before the drone. if you have an issue see in the ac on the screen, unplug the use form the S2 and plug it back in, works every time. As a side note, you can set the app never to ask to save as default app, that does get annoying asking each time, so turn that off in the android settings under default apps i think it is.... PS i do not have to wait 15 seconds, i do not have to  change MTP to RNDIS and i have 2 Tab S2's and both work just fine, dont ask why i have 2, i cannot answer on here ;)
2019-5-5
Use props
kndll
lvl.4
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Canada

Bashy Posted at 5-5 20:32
The problem is that folks are using inferior leads, some leads are  power only, no data, they will never work, the ones where you have to mess with the usb settings in the dev mode are just rubbish leads, the only thing you need to do to get the Tab S2 working is by NOT setting the DJI Go 4 app as default app, never set it, you ALWAYS want it to ask you if you want to launch the app. it also does not matter which way you  turn on stuff except for the controller, that is always before the drone. if you have an issue see in the ac on the screen, unplug the use form the S2 and plug it back in, works every time. As a side note, you can set the app never to ask to save as default app, that does get annoying asking each time, so turn that off in the android settings under default apps i think it is.... PS i do not have to wait 15 seconds, i do not have to  change MTP to RNDIS and i have 2 Tab S2's and both work just fine, dont ask why i have 2, i cannot answer on here ;)

which model of tab s2 ?  10 inch works , sm- t713 8inch will not
2019-5-6
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah my bad, mine are 9.7, so youve tried whats i said about default etc?
2019-5-6
Use props
Tibopix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

TinoB Posted at 2018-7-29 11:16
So, the only reliable process appears to be to turn on RC, AC, and tablet. Then launch DJI Go 4, select the drone model (P4P), and ENTER the flight mode even when disconnected.
Then, restart the tablet and it auto-starts the app and connects to the AC.

Thank you SO much for this, you saved my day :-D
2019-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules