652 6 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ali_baba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77579 ft
Vietnam

Hello,

Can somone please share the settings and points need to be considered for a night time flight, apart from the obvious ones like law, route, obstacles wires etc. I am interested to know if drone can be controlled properly with just GPS signal (given visual sensor does not work with <15 lux light), and function likes RTH or smart capture will still work?
thanks,

Ali
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. I understand that you want to fly your aircraft at night. Please refer to the thread below. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-74890-1-1.html
2018-7-22
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft

RTH works perfectly OK in the night time.
2018-7-22
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

You might want to turn off obstacle avoidance. It won't work in the dark anyway and might cause you issues. Also, remember to work out which LED's are which - front are red, rear are green. That might be good to know the dark
Oh, and if you lose your drone, there is a "Find my drone" option in DJI Go - if you click on your aircraft icon on the map there is an option to blink the LED's and make beeping sound. Not that I ever needed to do that or anything...ahem.
2018-7-22
Use props
martin joãoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 945105 ft
Luxembourg

Have sth at hand to illuminate the landing zone. Flip the gimble downwards and home in on your position is relatively easy if you use e.g. a blinking hazard disc from the car.
2018-7-23
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Always obey the laws of your country when flying at night.
2018-7-23
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Only fly by VLOS at night as vision sensor not working. You can see the LED light of drone quite far away. The light color tell you which side the drone is head on. Be very careful as easy to lost the drone position if fly too far. The FPV flying not working at night.
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules