Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help Finding Micro A OTG Cable For Remote
1321 11 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WinterRanger
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72054 ft
United States

I just bought a Spark and have been trying to use OTG.  I've been doing some research on the Spark remote and saw that the connector is not Micro B but actually Micro A. While my Micro B works it's loose and I loose signal. From my research by spec OTG is suppose to have Micro A but Chinese makers "repinned" for Micro B and started selling as OTG.

https://superuser.com/questions/1154667/do-all-otg-cables-microusb-usb-have-the-same-compatibility

So has anyone found an cable for OTG with Micro A to USB A 2.0?
2018-7-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
United States

Afaik, most ebay offers for mavic /spark, at least with both sides 90° plugs, coming with one micro A and micro B / usb C or lightning on the other end
2018-7-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Like this :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-U ... ntrol-/392001162750
2018-7-22
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.3
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-22 18:52
Like this :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-USB-Cable-Type-C-OTG-90-for-DJI-Spark-Mavic-Pro-Air-Transmitter-Control-/392001162750

Thanks.  Have you used this cable?  If so how long is it? I eventually want to get a mount and an iPad Mini.
2018-7-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

I have one "like this", not sure it is the same brand, in USB C
Also I have one of these, in micro B

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nylon-9 ... Parts-/162862546999

For the length, up2 15cm is for my droids ok for the RC-holder
As the I-pad mini should somehow fit the RC, ....
But the above link shows also the 30 cm/1feet cables
If to long, loop it.
If to short, ....
2018-7-22
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.3
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-22 19:57
I have one "like this", not sure it is the same brand, in USB C
Also I have one of these, in micro B

So I want to make sure I understand. Your cable end for the remote is a Micro USB A/B (not Micro USB B like most OTG cables)  and the other end is phone or tablet specific (Lightening, Micro B or USB C).  Right?
2018-7-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

I can't guarantee that for every offer on ebay! ;-)
But even if it would be only micro B to micro B/lightning/USB C, with a 90° plug is a lot less force on the jack.
Mine looking like this (bad picture!)

2018-7-22
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.3
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-22 21:11
But even if it would be only micro B to micro B/lightning/USB C, with a 90° plug is a lot less force on the jack.

Great pic.  Tells me just what I needed to know. That's is Micro B. Wondering if it was my OTG cable so I checked using the micro b cable that came with the drone. Same fit result. It locks in ok, but there's "wiggle" room right to left because it's micro USB B going into Micro A/B. My issue could be my cable..guess I'll get a new one and try. I would like to know if others have the same right to left wiggle.
2018-7-22
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.3
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-22 21:11

Disregard my last post. I looked at the wrong end, doh. That for sure is A/B to Micro B. Perfect. I'll be getting one. Thanks for the pic.  Just what I needed.
2018-7-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

WinterRanger Posted at 2018-7-22 21:27
Disregard my last post. I looked at the wrong end, doh. That for sure is A/B to Micro B. Perfect. I'll be getting one. Thanks for the pic.  Just what I needed.

I told you, bad picture!
But yes, the one side is micro A for RC, the other micro B for phone.
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, I would like to ask what phone are you going to us? did you try to use a standard OTG cable?
2018-7-23
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-23 11:16
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, I would like to ask what phone are you going to us? did you try to use a standard OTG cable?

I'm not sure I'm having trouble.  Just trying to verify that the proper OTG with Micro A/B on the remote end.
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules