Battery Dead on arrival.
6206 12 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noworriesm8
lvl.2
United States

Yet another issue with my brand new Mavic Pro Fly more kit. One of the batteries that came with it does not charge, nor power on.
I click the button on the other batteries, and they light up and show the battery level. This battery stays dark, and when I put it on the charger the charger turns red. Is there some sort of battery reset that can be done?

I also emailed support.

I am still a little peeved that they screwed me out of the 50 percent off coupon for refresh... like im going to buy any more drones now. After trying to use it twice, now they say that you have to use it at the time of the drone purchase. On top of that one of the batteries doesnt work. They will probably try and charge me to replace the blasted battery.

Sorry in advance if the color scheme is off. I am not sure why my last post was like that, I am NOT applying any formatting that I can see.

2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We sincerely apologize for the troubles with battery, are you charging the battery via the charging hub? Please try to charge the battery for over an hour to see if the issue persists just in case the battery is still in hibernation mode, thank you.
2018-7-22
Use props
noworriesm8
lvl.2
United States

I plugged the battery directly into the charger overnight again. No lights, no anything this morning.
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I would suggest contacting DJI Support for additional help on this issue. Please send an email to support@dji.com for further help. Thank you.
2018-7-23
Use props
Mike Blixt
New
Croatia

I had the exact same problem.

Total dead before even using it.

I have contacted the support tonight.

Let me update you after they answer on this.
2018-10-8
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

I had the same problem with a MP battery I bought at Best Buy. I just took that sucker back and swapped it for another one. This one charged up properly and works fine. DJI, I think you all might have some quality control issues from time to time there at the battery factory.  JS.  
2018-10-8
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Next time, buy locally and pay tax. Easy returns then.
Best Buy has super easy Mail-in returns and replacements if you don’t live nearby. So does Apple, which is where I order most of this DJI stuff for this exact reason.
2018-10-8
Use props
Mike Blixt
New
Croatia

Update from the support about my dead battery:

STEP 1

Thank you for contacting DJI NL Technical Support. We are sorry to hear about your DJI product. In order to check if you are qualified for our DOA/Replacement procedure we need the following information:

Full Name/Company Name:
Phone number:
Address: (Kindly send us your complete shipping address to avoid further issues for shipping. House or Flat No./Street/City or Town/Region or Province/zip code or EIR code/Country)
Serial numbers of the product(s)
- Craft:
- Battery:
Problem description:
Photo/printscreen of the Invoice / proof of purchase:
Photo/Printscreen of the delivery proof/receipt:
DJI Care/ Refresh/ Shield: (Yes or No)

When we receive your faulty unit and we have replacements in stock, we will swap it, After your unit has been diagnosed and replacement has been approved, it will only take approximately 2 business days to forward it to our logistics department for ship out. If the DOA/Replacement period has expired and the first contact is over 15 days after the activation date, the product will follow the RMA Repair procedure. We will forward you to our RMA colleagues and they will guide you.

I PROVIDED ALL THIS AND GOT THIS

Dear Mike‍ ,Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

We have applied the repair/replacement information into our system. Your Case No. is : CAS-2349763-L6L7Z4. We will request the UPS label for you and you will receive it within 2 business days.

With the UPS Shipping Label:
1) After receiving an email from UPS with your shipping label, click on *get shipping label* and print the page.
2) You can bring it to a local post deposit.
3) You can call UPS to make an appointment for the pickup.

Note: Failure to complete any steps below may cause delays in your repair, and could require our logistics team to ship your product back without repair service provided.

1. Please fill in completely with your details with a proper description of the issue you have now.

2. Please attach a printed version to every item in the parcel, together with a proof of purchaseas well as the email address you used to activate your product (if applicable). The exclusion of either may disqualify you from obtaining warranty service or delay service. Please send us a copy of your proof of purchase and keep the original proof of purchase for your records.

3. Please ship the product with the completed DJI Global Technical Support Form linked above and mark with the words ‘RMA’ on the outside of the package.

4. If you are a resident of a non-EU country like Switzerland or Norway please write the following text on the box “DEFECT UNIT - NO COMMERCIAL VALUE”.

5. Please do not send any damaged, swollen or leaking batteries to DJI for repair/replacement. If such batteries are sent, the customer will be held directly responsible for any accident occurring during shipment. If DJI receives a damaged or swollen battery it will not be sent back to the customer for danger of an accident occurring during transport.

6. Donot ship any Non-DJI equipment, such as aircraft third-party accessories, third-party cases, SD cards, or third-party transmitters. If you choose to send in any of these items, you acknowledge that DJI is not liable for any of these products and that we are unable to test your DJI products with any third-party equipment.

7. If you request not to proceed with these repair services, you will be liable for payment of return delivery of your product(s), as well as possible the cost of diagnosis.

8. By using the UPS Pick Up service enabled by DJI Europe you agree that you use this service on your own risk. DJI Europe is not responsible for any lost or damaged packages. In such an event it is up to the customer himself to contact UPS for further explanation and action.

We will inform you of any repair costs after we complete a full diagnostics report for the unit. Please carefully read our Warranty Policy at: and you can keep track of your repair status by visiting the link below: By sending in your product for repair, you agree that you have read and accepted the repair terms as stated above.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI Europe Support, Mon-Fri 8:30AM - 5:00PM (UTC+1) via the following three channels...

MY ANSWER

Let me take this again:

I have bought a drone from you.

I got three batteries in the delivery. One of them is not working at all. Total dead. From the start. Are you serious telling my to do all the steps you provided me with? Send packages around the globe. All this work for ONE battery?

The time I need to put in for just doing all these steps is not even worth a battery. But it's good to know that you have built a system just to protect yourself from people actually sending the broken down drone parts. Your model can not be economically sustainable. But you know that off course. You know few people will chose to proceed with your insane process.

I will make sure I spread the word and making sure to change the brand of the drone. I will not fly a drone from a company who does this.

Have a great day.
2018-10-10
Use props
Nordium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10875728 ft
  • >>>
United States

As others have advised, contact DJI Support and provide them with all of the necessary information they need (serial number, etc.). They'll more than likely send you a new one/refund you without you having to send the battery you received back due to it being defective/completely dead upon arrival. Sorry to hear about this.
Keep us updated! Thanks for sharing.
2018-10-11
Use props
Mike Blixt
New
Croatia

Hey.

I don't think you got it.

This is the conversation WITH the support.

2018-10-11
Use props
djiuser_Nr1Pb4OG7Prr
New

United Kingdom

Interesting to know this. I have just recieved a combo, with ALL 3 BATTERIES DEAD ON ARRIVAL!

Extremely frustrating, and customer service designed to deter/annoy/prevent customers from getting the fair service they deserve.
2019-10-23
Use props
avinash69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 986644 ft
  • >>>
Trinidad and Tobago

i just bought a mavic pro battery..i am actually a lover of dji products, i live in the caribbean so its expensive to ship back the battery as it is a hazmat item..no lights on the battery is coming on..tries everything as i know the dji platfor very well...i am also a moderator of many dji drone pages on facebook..i guess in my experience with dji batteries out of the 60 i have this is the only 1 i got problems with..so i am not upset but dissapointed..but what can i do...
2020-4-16
Use props
mano2020
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62077 ft
United States

This is obviously a common problem with Mavic batteries. I have a flymore kit and all 3 batteries are dead on arrival. It is over 6 months old at this point as it was a Christmas gift and I am juts getting around to setting it up in June.

This isn't an issue with the Spark batteries. I have had them sit for a year and still charge and work fine, but 3 brand new batteries dead. And zero support from DJI !!  Never again!!
2020-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules