Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Shipped cable for Canon 5D mark IV doesn't work with Canon cable ...
2084 6 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Canon supply a cable protector with their Canon 5D Mark IV because on the Mark III expensive repairs were often required when a cable got tugged and ripped apart the inside connection on the camera.

Unfortunately the USB cable DJI have shipped as 'for the 5D mark IV' is an L-shaped connector that goes the wrong way so that it CAN'T be used with the cable protector.

How hard would it have been to get this right? (Sigh!)

Can anyone recommend an alternative cable that does work with the cable protector so I don't risk damage to my camera and an expensive repair bill?
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi AngularIan, upon testing, both RSS-IR and MCC-B can be used in Canon 5D Mark IV, may I have a picture of your cable protector? Thank you. GTScreenshot_20180724_104852.png
2018-7-23
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-23 18:53
Hi AngularIan, upon testing, both RSS-IR and MCC-B can be used in Canon 5D Mark IV, may I have a picture of your cable protector? Thank you.[view_image]

The cable works ONLY if you don't use the cable protector - which is needed to stop HDMI cables which go adjacent to the USB one from ripping out the guts of the socket.  The cable protector is fully documented in the manual that comes with the Canon 5D EOS Mark IV. I have attached my picture of the cable adaptor. If the DJI cable had the L-shape going the other way there is room inside the cable protector "socket" for the plug, but not the way the cable has been manufactured today.
2018-7-23
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Picture link keeps vanishing as soon as I click Save. The link to the image is this: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmNgoS-M2wntgfRTjiJpMWhZ4tsbGA
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AngularIan Posted at 2018-7-23 23:50
[view_image]Picture link keeps vanishing as soon as I click Save. The link to the image is this: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmNgoS-M2wntgfRTjiJpMWhZ4tsbGA

Sorry for the late response, unfortunately, the link above cannot be opened, please upload the picture in the Forum directly, thank you.
2018-7-26
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-26 22:28
Sorry for the late response, unfortunately, the link above cannot be opened, please upload the picture in the Forum directly, thank you.

Oops. DIdn't realise I could do that. Hopefully you should see it above.  The hole on the left is for the HDMI cable. The hole on the right is for the USB cable but the cable is a small plug to a bigger socket and needs to plug into the right hand side of the hole. The L-bend means this is not possible.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AngularIan Posted at 2018-7-26 22:48
[view_image]

Oops. DIdn't realise I could do that. Hopefully you should see it above.  The hole on the left is for the HDMI cable. The hole on the right is for the USB cable but the cable is a small plug to a bigger socket and needs to plug into the right hand side of the hole. The L-bend means this is not possible.

I can see the picture now, thank you very much.
Your feedback has been forwarded to our engineers for attention,  I will come back to you once I hear from them, please wait patiently, thanks.
2018-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules