DJI GO 4 for Android: battery telemetry froze!
597 5 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Ukraine

Since the infamous release of the .400 FW update for the Mavic Air in May I've been flying mostly short-range flights controlling my MA while watching it from the side. Yesterday I made up my mind to do a relatively long-distance FPV flight. And sure enough, it didn't go without problems. The video feed was horrible with 3 (or longer!) -second lags making filming next to impossible. This is no news, I was sort of ready for it. But the telemetry seemed good and without lags... at first. Until the battery level froze at 72% in mid-flight. Luckily I already could "feel" the rate at which the battery should drain when flying so I returned back home at slightly below 40% charge, the charge indicator was still showing 72%! Later I checked the logs on my phone and found that the telemetry had been transmitted just fine. So it was purely a UI issue. Do not ever trust recent versions of DJI GO 4, it is a complete disaster! Luckily I'd purchased Litchi which worked fairly well and I was able to finish filming what I wanted (although I had to force stop the DJI GO and Litchi several times, and even reboot my phone to get DJI GO out of the way and make Litchi connect - something I'd never had to do before). So, for now, I can say I  can still use my MA, but what will be next? New SDK release, which Litchi depends upon, which will make it just as unusable as the DJI GO 4 itself? DJI, what's going on? Do you have the slightest idea on how software development is done? It seems like you don't. When are you going to release something that will fix existing bugs, not introduce new ones? Your software (including firmware!) completely ruins the experience of using your brilliant hardware.

P.S. My phone is Sony Xperia Z5 Dual running the latest Android OS release from Sony.
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with your device. Unfortunately the Sony Xperia Z5 phone that you used is not compatible to run the app. We will coordinate this one to our engineers to have it test for development to integrate the apps function to your device as well as different Android devices currently out in the market. I will be posting below the fully compatible list of devices. Thank you.

2018-7-23
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Ukraine

If you are so principled, why don't you bother to at least name the hardware you support correctly? What is that "Samsung S5"? There is no such phone, there is Samsung Galaxy S5. Why don't you write this in the description of the App on Google Play?  And of course, my Xperia is no less capable than that Galaxy S5. It used to work relatively well with DJI GO 4 (WRT video lag and telemetry at least). I am sorry, but your reply looks like an annoying runaround to me.
2018-7-23
Use props
Sea Parrot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89154 ft

I've had exactly the same problem when using my Nexus 6P which is a fully supported phone (According to DJI). The problem is that DJI GO 4 4.2.20 and 4.2.21 are broken on Android phones running Android 8 or later.
Uninstall version 4.2.20 or 4.2.21 and instead manually install version 4.2.16  See the first post by bjashton in the thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=156687 for instructions on how to do that.
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

asaw Posted at 2018-7-23 04:46
If you are so principled, why don't you bother to at least name the hardware you support correctly? What is that "Samsung S5"? There is no such phone, there is Samsung Galaxy S5. Why don't you write this in the description of the App on Google Play?  And of course, my Xperia is no less capable than that Galaxy S5. It used to work relatively well with DJI GO 4 (WRT video lag and telemetry at least). I am sorry, but your reply looks like an annoying runaround to me.

Hi, Samsung Galaxy S5 and S5 are the same and so as with the S series of Samsung's.  This description may not be available on Google Play but they are in our DJI website. Thank you.
2018-7-23
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Ukraine

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-23 05:03
Hi, Samsung Galaxy S5 and S5 are the same and so as with the S series of Samsung's.  This description may not be available on Google Play but they are in our DJI website. Thank you.

DJI Gamora, you are ignoring my point and Sea Parrot's post. What do I do if I buy Google Nexus 6P and still have the same issues (which I surely will have)? Will DJI give me a refund? For how long are you going to support (if support is an appropriate word for what you do) the phones from that list?
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules