2322 25 2015-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

I may have made a costly mistake.  
I actually ordered a P3 Pro, extra batteries and a Hard shell case directly from DJI.  The case was ordered a week ago.  They have the money but STILL haven't shipped it.  I tried to contact sales about it.  Tried Chat.  "Leave an email address and we'll get back to you.".  I tried to call support and tried all the extensions.  Each referred me to the email address to email DJI.  
Ok, I email them.  I get an email reply that says - "Thank you for your email. Your request (162462) is currently being reviewed by a team member.For further inquiries, please reply to this email".  Well, fine.  That's exactly the reply I got from the last email I sent - which took two days to get a reply to.

They have the payment for the P3 Pro and batteries.  At this point, I see not reason to expect anything different than the lack of information, availability to even speak to someone about the products or the shi[pping of what I have ordered and paid for.  I emailed DJI to verify the P3 Pro was in stock and available.  I got a reply that is was.

Right now - I'm definately not a happy customer of DJI.

2015-5-22
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

My order was placed the first week of May. At that time DJI wasn't providing a date on when items were to ship. After waiting two weeks I live chatted asking when delivery could be expected. The answer I received indicated the end of the month. I pointed out that the website indicated 3-5 days from receipt of order verses what the chat agent stated.
The following day I received an email message indicating my unit shipped. For the next two days the FedEx number didn't work, then finally showed a shipment, but that appeared to be a bulk ship as the quantity was listed at 198 pieces.
I can't speak for CS, but I believe they are getting caught up with quad orders. As for the accessories, I think that they are going to lag for more than a month before delivery.

The old adage, of the squeaky wheel getting the oil, probably holds true.

The US does have FTC requirements for companies to deliver goods within 30 days of order or promptly refund all monies.  https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/ ... -or-telephone-order
2015-5-22
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you do any research on the Phantom 3 demand, ordering from DJI, etc.?

I ask because it is very well known that they charge on order and that they are a at least a few weeks behind on the shipping.

It's also well known that you aren't going to get "Amazon or Apple like" support - in any way.

I'm not saying that's good - just that it's common knowledge and new buyers and those entering this pursuit should be aware of these things.

You could order from Amazon - right now they are showing June 15 to June 30 for shipment, but they won't charge your card.

Your choice. But don't expect DJI to grease your squeaking wheel. They have about a dozen knowledgable English speaking support people and are taking 20,000+ orders per week (all my guesses, but in the ball park).

If you aren't a happy customer now you are unlikely to be one later.....just saying...that we are still in the pioneer stages of this hobby and you just aren't gonna get "Amazonian" service.
2015-5-22
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-5-23 05:06

I ask because it is very  ...

I sure did. Figured that dealing direct from the factory verses a dealer would be simpler than having a middle man.

Having flown nitro copters for over 20 years, switching to a quad was a simple step.

What I'm seeing is that DJI didn't plan on the popularity of their offering and as such never staffed up customer support, or service facilities both in China and the major sales countries. It also didn't help for the blow up between ownership and US sales teams to get the boot and not have something in place for support.

I'm accustomed to dealing with Chinese companies that offer 5-10 year warranties on products but you have to send the item to China for repair. Items which cost under $100 that fail usually go into a junk draw, higher priced items go in for repair.

DJI acknowledges that the Phantom wasn't as good as it should have been on release and we're all just beta testers for their product. How many firmware updates have occurred since introduction? I count three so far.

I still have an open mind when it comes to DJI. Hopefully they won't disappoint. If they do, I'll see what other offerings are out there and decide if they have a better offering.

DJI needs to do a better job on their e-commerce website showing stock and delivery. It's not like they are selling 100,000 different items. Business 101. The customer is always right. They make you and they break you.
2015-5-22
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-5-23 05:06

I ask because it is very  ...

Yet another well-thought out post by droneflyers

The company went from almost no employees to about 3000 in a few years. Not trying to make excuses. Let us hope there will be more and better competition soon.

Does not mean I don't understand the frustration. I am still looking forward to getting my extra batteries (also the one I bought with my Phantom 3 Pro). Flying with just one battery is a bit of a pain. But much better than not flying at all!   All we can do is order what we need and they will get the products to us as soon as possible. And better to be in front of the line than in the back.

-
Buy your DJI Phantom 3, DJI-gear, extra DJI Batteries, DJI Hardshell Backpacks from the DJI Store by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-22
Use props
earldgrayjr
lvl.1
United States

gregg1r@mindspr Posted at 2015-5-23 03:54
My order was placed the first week of May. At that time DJI wasn't providing a date on when items we ...

Exact same experience, including the order dates, except mine has never changed status from "pending".

In my experience, all the calls and emails seem to never make it up the chain to anywhere that matters.   This is like trying to have a relationship with someone that "just isn't that in to you"  You get all the lip service from the chat and phone reps, but in the end, the people in the company that could make a difference really don't seem to care to much.   

It is a bit like getting on a support call that says "We value your business... Your wait time is 304 minutes..."
2015-5-22
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

earldgrayjr Posted at 2015-5-23 12:08
Exact same experience, including the order dates, except mine has never changed status from "pendi ...

Earl,

I feel your pain. Once DJI emails you a tracker, it will take a couple of days to go active. If you look at the FedEx link you'll see that until it's ready to leave country they have no information on a delivery date. After that you can expect 3-5 days for US delivery.

My FedEx tracker shows my quad at Dulles Airport sort, so come Tuesday I'll have mine. Then it's spend a couple of hours charging batteries, flashing the firmware for the quad and batteries and a few tethered flights to make sure it dosesn't fly away.

Interesting times coming.

Regards,
Gregg
2015-5-23
Use props
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

Get in line... It will come, just wait like we all did. I'm still waiting
2015-5-23
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

My experience was quite the opposite.  I ordered a Phantom 3 Pro with extra battery last week.  The order (P3P, not battery) was shipped within two business days and arrived three business days later.  DJI uses DHL to ship to Canada.  I am very pleased with the service of both DJI and DHL.  I wish DJI all the best as they do their best to keep up with the extra-ordinary demand for this extra-ordinary product.
2015-5-25
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Be sure they're holding your shipment because, well, they simply don't like you. Everyone of the rest of us received our P3s in three days or less. They actually sent me five extra batteries.
2015-5-25
Use props
earldgrayjr
lvl.1
United States

mswall@mac.com Posted at 2015-5-26 12:44
Be sure they're holding your shipment because, well, they simply don't like you. Everyone of the res ...

Still waiting....  since first week of May.   Order still shows pending

PS: Not looking for special treatment over other flyers.  I am new to DJI, and I am just used to dealing with companies that communicate better and more often, give correct shipping information when you buy, and generally treat customers better.
2015-5-26
Use props
shayd93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do a chargeback, no product no money. It's the same thing as with pre-orders. Money taken right away and they haven't sent it.
2015-5-26
Use props
jacribb.gmail
lvl.2

United States

earldgrayjr Posted at 2015-5-27 06:46
Still waiting....  since first week of May.   Order still shows pending

PS: Not looking for speci ...

I noticed your post a few weeks ago so thought I'd chime in.  I ordered my P3A from allerc.com on May 18 and received it on May 22 in time for Memorial Day weekend. I was nervous as hell about ordering from a non-Amazon/B&H type small company. My order was perfect. It came double boxed and brand new in box like one would expect. I was pleased that they shipped my unit out within one hour of ordering. I'd check around the official dealers here in the U.S. There is stock around, you just have to look.
2015-5-27
Use props
earldgrayjr
lvl.1
United States

I actually needed the P3 for a job, and was left high and dry...  Luckily I have friends (one with a P2V+) that will see me through my current needs..

I was just about to do what you suggested.  I had gotten the name and contact of a good dealer from someone here, and woke up with the intention of calling a dealer and ordering from them....  Their web site didn't show them in stock, and after the fiasco that happened ordering direct with DJI, I wanted to be SURE...

I was (re)looking at all the forums here and elsewhere, looking for prop guards etc. and reading about all the people sending off their drones to China (at their expense) with several not hearing anything at all from DJI for months, and people calling them stupid for not getting delivery receipt and insurance, and explaining that you can't expect to trust DJI etc. etc. along with just about everyone (even big fans) acknowledging the horrible service from DJI, when I wandered back to this forum and read another poster on this thread that made a comment that DJI will never be Amazon (have good customer service) that it is "common knowledge" and that I should have known that.  They threw out, that I likely wouldn't ever be happy....   And I started to think....  They were likely right....  And I might be setting myself up for further disappointment.  Then I asked myself, shouldn't I expect decent service?  Shouldn't I expect not to be lied to?  reasonably prompt responses?  Service that doesn't take months?

I had already looked at the 3DR Solo before ordering the P3 and I liked what I saw then.   I also have 4 GoPro's with mod lenses etc. and am comfortable dealing with them, both physically and in post, but when I ordered the P3 in early May, June/July seemed like a LONG way off, and I had a deadline.  Obviously that has now changed...

Well... I  ordered a Solo W/Gimbal that comes with a free extra battery because of a delay with their Gimbal (that they were up front about).   I will be away for most of the first 3 weeks of June (all but weekends) and will likely receive the drone before I return for good.  I may take it with me on the road with the hard mount, just to get to know it...  and though I wont get the Gimbal until just about the time I return... I will have a 30 day no questions money back guarantee that starts AFTER I get the entire setup, along with a "flyaway guarantee" that includes my GoPro on top of that, and service/repair in the US from a company that knows how to treat customers.

Who knows, after trying it  I may send the whole thing back, and order a P3....  From a dealer this rime..... But at least I will be able to... and will be out nothing if I do...  I can't say that about the reverse

I have a sneaky feeling I will be happier...  

Good Luck!!
2015-5-27
Use props
earldgrayjr
lvl.1
United States

earldgrayjr Posted at 2015-5-28 14:27
I actually needed the P3 for a job, and was left high and dry...  Luckily I have friends (one with a ...

Update:  
Wow....  Just when I thought it couldn't get worse....

I followed the process asking to get a ship date for my May 7th order or or to cancel.  I tried cancelling on the web site, but the option is not available, as it is already paid (through PayPal).  Instructions tell me to contact sales support, so I emailed again, and called the 818 number.   When you call that number and go to sales support however, it just tells you to email sales support.   I called back, and waited 30 minutes to talk to a person, to find out how to cancel, and was told they couldn't "officially" help, but that the process was to email sales support.   I did that of course, and after several days JUST got this back...

"Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for ordering the Phantom 3. Your order is currently processing, and has arrived at the DJI warehouse in your region.

Orders have begun shipping from this warehouse, and your order is in line to be shipped soon.

If there are no further delays, you will receive your order before June 2.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thank You,
DJI"

Notice the line "if there are no more delays"  Wow....

Checking online, my order(s) are still there, and "pending" and they still have all my money...

So..... while I ordered the Solo and "thought" I cancelled the P3, apparently it is not cancelled...

I just called support (and waited again) which is the only way I know to get a live person and anything without waiting for days, and they again said they can't help, but said that if I didn't want it at this point, the thing to do is recieve the unit (at some point) then call and get an RMA for it to return it...   though something smells fishy about that...

Not sure what to do at this point, wait for it and see which one arrives first?  Given what I have seen, would I even get support from DJI after I got the unit?

One thing is for sure.... It really is too bad that such a well designed product has such dismal support.   The best technology is always the one that survives, and you simply can't survive with poor customer support

2015-5-29
Use props
earldgrayjr
lvl.1
United States

earldgrayjr Posted at 2015-5-30 02:11
Update:  

Update #2
I emailed DJI and told them that if the unit was not shipping this week, to just cancel the order.  Within 3 hours (amazingly fast for DJI) I got an email saying the Phantom 3 was shipping, complete with FedEx tracking number.

Problem is, the tracking number is not active....  *sigh*

I have a good friend at FedEx.  He tells me that this is a number DJI generates, but it doesn't mean anything is shipping.  Just that they created a number,,,   

36 hours later, the number still hasn't been sent to Fedex, nor has the P3..

Every trick in the book.....  Amazing....
I emailed them again and told them if it isn't actually shipped tomorrow just cancel  all 3 of my orders

Stay tuned....
2015-5-30
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

I'm in exactly the same boat, same email - and frankly, mad as I can be that they're LYING to me.  Can't get the P3P, can't get it cancelled, can't talk to anyone.  If my P3P doesn't hit my doorstep by Thursday 06/04 - I'm starting legal action to recover damages.  The fact the company is in China doesn't stop the legal processes against the company in LA.
2015-5-30
Use props
ianchernencoff
New

Canada

Rob88 Posted at 2015-5-26 06:14
My experience was quite the opposite.  I ordered a Phantom 3 Pro with extra battery last week.  The  ...

Still all good with your order from DJI?
2015-6-27
Use props
ianchernencoff
New

Canada

earldgrayjr Posted at 2015-5-30 02:11
Update:  

Any updates anyone?
2015-6-27
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

ianchernencoff@ Posted at 2015-6-28 01:59
Still all good with your order from DJI?

Yes . . . my extra battery arrived last week so I am a happy camper.
2015-6-28
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-28
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-6-29 02:57
You're an idiot for ordering directly from DJI. After so many posts on this forum about it, you stil ...

That's a fine tune coming from a person that doesn't own one.

DJI is like the crazy girlfriend that you keep giving chance after chance to in hopes something is going to change.

I finally received my hard shell back pack today.

No more DJI direct sales for me.
2015-6-29
Use props
Zman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-30 07:20
That's a fine tune coming from a person that doesn't own one.

DJI is like the crazy girlfriend th ...

At least you received your backpack, I'm still waiting on mine to ship.
2015-6-29
Use props
Zulu1
New

Canada

I pulled a stupid one to, i had a 2 on order but they said it was delayed, i said do you have 3's in stock, they said yes they would ship out in a day, so i cancelled the order for the 2 and ordered the 3, but with backpack....chatted to get an update and they said that with the backpack it's 15-20 business days - stupid me...

Ordered prop guards afterward and received them within 5 days. I figured i should be flying by August...

Bob
2015-6-29
Use props
ArdigonSky
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Anything further? I thankfully ordered my P3 through buzzfeed (delivered next day ) and have been trying to contact DJI through every means possible re an order for the hardshell case.
Ordered with expected delivery 5-7 days its now 20 days since payment has been taken !
Its absolutely the worst online experience I have ever had.
I have made a charge back with Pay Pal
2015-6-30
Use props
ianchernencoff
New

Canada

I decided to search around for an online retailer who had stock.  I felt safer talking to someone on this continent with one in their inventory that I could call on the phone.  Worth the small amount extra you pay.  Happy with retailer, very happy with the DJI product so far (after i had an adapter for my camera machined $50 and 2 days)  My Camera was listed as compatible but you can't expect them to try the millions of lens/camera combos so i guess it's okay.  Even though it seems like an obvious go-to combo.  Canon 6d with a 16-35mm lens.  Opted out of direct purchase.. happy i did.  glad for those it worked for, sorry for those who it didn't so far.
2015-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules