Activation Key for Apple ProRes RAW + RAW HQ
4054 29 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 497674 ft

Hi, maybe a stupid question; Someone can confirm me; If I buy an Activation Key for Apple ProRes (to use with X7 camera), are the new Apple ProRes RAW and RAW HQ codecs included or not ? - just to be sure  !!
...... because on the page store there is no mention of these new codecs (Apple ProRes RAW and ProResRAW HQ) as per picture attached.
Thanks for your help.

Bye

Giorgio
Apple_PR.jpeg
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Yes, that's included already.
2018-7-23
Use props
Joko
lvl.4

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-23 08:48
Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Yes, that's included already.

Thank you Wanda
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

You're welcome.
2018-7-23
Use props
jwilson2598
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600256 ft
United States

Just to clarify, I've had multiple people tell me that if you have the ProRes license only, you will not see ProRes RAW, but that both ProRes and CinemaDNG licenses are required to use ProRes RAW. That seems to disagree with your statement.
2018-7-23
Use props
Joko
lvl.4

jwilson2598 Posted at 2018-7-23 10:58
Just to clarify, I've had multiple people tell me that if you have the ProRes license only, you will not see ProRes RAW, but that both ProRes and CinemaDNG licenses are required to use ProRes RAW. That seems to disagree with your statement.

But this people  have an X5S or an X7 attached to the gimbal ?  The Apple ProRes RAW is not available for the X5S !
I hope someone can clarify this point !  For me is essential !
2018-7-23
Use props
jwilson2598
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600256 ft
United States

Joko Posted at 2018-7-23 11:39
But this people  have an X5S or an X7 attached to the gimbal ?  The Apple ProRes RAW is not available for the X5S !
I hope someone can clarify this point !  For me is essential !

These were people with an X7 in the Inspire Facebook groups. I asked and someone explicitly said that you must have both licenses to get ProRes RAW, if you have ProRes only, then you will only get the normal 422/4444 options.
2018-7-23
Use props
Joko
lvl.4

jwilson2598 Posted at 2018-7-23 11:43
These were people with an X7 in the Inspire Facebook groups. I asked and someone explicitly said that you must have both licenses to get ProRes RAW, if you have ProRes only, then you will only get the normal 422/4444 options.

I hope it's not true !
2018-7-23
Use props
Joko
lvl.4

Wanda, could you please confirm us if it is necessary to buy both activation keys ( Cinema DNG and Apple ProRes) to have the Apple ProRes RAW available for the X7 camera in DJI GO4 ?
Thank you for your support.
Giorgio
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jwilson2598 Posted at 2018-7-23 11:43
These were people with an X7 in the Inspire Facebook groups. I asked and someone explicitly said that you must have both licenses to get ProRes RAW, if you have ProRes only, then you will only get the normal 422/4444 options.

Hi, as of the moment, the Apple ProRes Raw and ProRes RAW HQ are only compatible with the Zenmuse X7, however, we may need to clarify it first to our R&D engineers for further informations. Thanks for the interest.
2018-7-23
Use props
Joko
lvl.4

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-23 12:10
Hi, as of the moment, the Apple ProRes Raw and ProRes RAW HQ are only compatible with the Zenmuse X7, however, we may need to clarify it first to our R&D engineers for further clarification. Thanks for the interest.

Thank you Tony.
Please let us know ASAP because I don’t want to spend money for CinemaDNG codec that I will not use!
Giorgio
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Joko Posted at 2018-7-23 12:42
Thank you Tony.
Please let us know ASAP because I don’t want to spend money for CinemaDNG codec that I will not use!
Giorgio

This concern has been forwarded to our R&D engineer for further clarification. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-7-23
Use props
Joko
lvl.4
Switzerland

Joko Posted at 2018-7-23 12:42
Thank you Tony.
Giorgio

Now, after I saw what has posted DJI GRACE, I am very confused!  If I read well only who has the CinemaDNG License has the ability to record in Apple ProRes RAW ?
So I have to buy a CinemaDNG to record in Apple ProRes RAW ?  Totally confused!
Please clarify also this point Tony ! Many thanks in advance.
Giorgio
2018-7-23
Use props
PH2DW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

99% sure you need the RAW license to shoot in Prores RAW
2018-7-23
Use props
Joko
lvl.4

PH2DW Posted at 2018-7-23 13:48
99% sure you need the RAW license to shoot in Prores RAW

So I am prepared to buy the both licenses, or not ? Maybe only the CinemaDNG!
Someone will tell me exactly what to do !
For now thanks to all.
Giorgio
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Joko Posted at 2018-7-23 12:05
Wanda, could you please confirm us if it is necessary to buy both activation keys ( Cinema DNG and Apple ProRes) to have the Apple ProRes RAW available for the X7 camera in DJI GO4 ?
Giorgio

Hello. Sorry for the late response. If you just want to use ProRes RAW and RAW HQ, you need a CDNG license. Only the CinemaDNG License has the ability to record in Apple ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ after the firmware upgrade. I'm sorry for the wrong information.
2018-7-24
Use props
Joko
lvl.4
Switzerland

Thank you Wanda, so it’s not necessary to buy also the Apple ProRes license for the Apple ProRes RAW and RAW HQ; but “only” the CinemaDNG license is necessary, good to know !!I suggest you, please put this important information on the Activation Key page in your Store!
Giorgio

2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

jwilson2598 Posted at 2018-7-23 10:58
Just to clarify, I've had multiple people tell me that if you have the ProRes license only, you will not see ProRes RAW, but that both ProRes and CinemaDNG licenses are required to use ProRes RAW. That seems to disagree with your statement.

Yes, you are correct. I'm sorry about that.
2018-7-24
Use props
Joko
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-24 00:29
Yes, you are correct. I'm sorry about that.

Hi again, here the replay to my question “Which Activation Key is needed for the new Apple ProRes RAW and RAW HQ”, that I have received from DJI Support team  (Europe) , unbelievable:

How is possible that the official support team at DJI gives you the wrong information ? A mistery !

Bye

Giorgio
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Joko Posted at 2018-7-30 10:31
Hi again, here the replay to my question “Which Activation Key is needed for the new Apple ProRes RAW and RAW HQ”, that I have received from DJI Support team  (Europe) , unbelievable:

[view_image]

Hi Giorgio, sorry for the wrong response from email support team, Wanda is right, only the CinemaDNG License has the ability to record in Apple ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ after the firmware upgrade.
Your experience with the support team will be forwarded to our management department for correction, sorry for the misleading, we will take it very seriously.
2018-7-31
Use props
Joko
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-31 04:38
Hi Giorgio, sorry for the wrong response from email support team, Wanda is right, only the CinemaDNG License has the ability to record in Apple ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ after the firmware upgrade.
Your experience with the support team will be forwarded to our management department for correction, sorry for the misleading, we will take it very seriously.

Hi Mindy, Thank you for your support! I appreciate your help.
I really received from DJI Support (Europe) many replies, from,  the “Apple ProRes Raw has not been released yet” to “You have to buy Apple ProRes if you use iOS (?) or CinemaDNG if you use Android”.
Only after I received this last reply “Buy the ProRes” I’ve decided to publish this unbelievable History, it’s really not my style to do this, but it really seemed like they didn't know what I was talking about, and every reply was really confused!
Now I have the right answer, thank you (Mindy, Wanda ...)
Bye
Giorgio
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Joko Posted at 2018-7-31 05:35
Hi Mindy, Thank you for your support! I appreciate your help.
I really received from DJI Support (Europe) many replies, from,  the “Apple ProRes Raw has not been released yet” to “You have to buy Apple ProRes if you use iOS (?) or CinemaDNG if you use Android”.
Only after I received this last reply “Buy the ProRes” I’ve decided to publish this unbelievable History, it’s really not my style to do this, but it really seemed like they didn't know what I was talking about, and every reply was really confused!

Giorgio, we apologize again for the confused answers from our support team, we care much of your feedback and will do more training to the team just in case the same mistake happens again, please keep me updated if you have further questions and concerns, we will do our best to help.
2018-8-1
Use props
Memmi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324108 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-1 02:14
Giorgio, we apologize again for the confused answers from our support team, we care much of your feedback and will do more training to the team just in case the same mistake happens again, please keep me updated if you have further questions and concerns, we will do our best to help.

Is it possible to process a refund for my ProRes Key (or a credit towards RAW License)? I purchased it with the understanding that I'd get ProRes Raw, given that's not the case, I'm left with a key to a codec i'll never utilize.

Thanks,

Matt
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Memmi Posted at 2018-8-1 11:29
Is it possible to process a refund for my ProRes Key (or a credit towards RAW License)? I purchased it with the understanding that I'd get ProRes Raw, given that's not the case, I'm left with a key to a codec i'll never utilize.

Thanks,

Hi Matt, the license that is purchased separately can only be refunded within 30 days and the license was not activated, if your license doesn't meet these criteria, I'm afraid it cannot be refunded, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-8-2
Use props
Alex Dawson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1787395 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-2 00:57
Hi Matt, the license that is purchased separately can only be refunded within 30 days and the license was not activated, if your license doesn't meet these criteria, I'm afraid it cannot be refunded, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

hi, I have apple prores and cinemDNG licence for my I2 but I  get this error message. I can not uppload firmware .200 either. It wont show on any of my MAC computers running the latest dji assistant?

2018-8-6
Use props
Alex Dawson
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Alex Dawson Posted at 2018-8-6 09:59
hi, I have apple prores and cinemDNG licence for my I2 but I  get this error message. I can not uppload firmware .200 either. It wont show on any of my MAC computers running the latest dji assistant?

[view_image]

I guess my first image was to large... Sitting on an iMac Pro

2018-8-6
Use props
Alex Dawson
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Alex Dawson Posted at 2018-8-6 10:01
I guess my first image was to large... Sitting on an iMac Pro  

[view_image]

I'm very exhausted from using the DJI I2 and all of its issues....

2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Alex Dawson Posted at 2018-8-6 10:03
I'm very exhausted from using the DJI I2 and all of its issues....

Hi Alex, sorry for my late response, I just come back from my holiday, may I know if the issue persists? It seems we had a server glitch before, could you please try again? Thank you.
2018-8-9
Use props
Simon7354
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1721414 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Mandy,
I hope you can help me here..
So when I purcased my I2 I also got the ProRes licence, I paid £550.
My point now is after the new update the high res ProRes has gone over to the DNG licence, that's fine, BUT can I now pay £820 for the DNG licence?
Both together in the DJI store is £1370. (£550+£820=£1370) I know you are going to NO that's not possible, but I think DJI should make this an oppion if you already have one of the licences.
I just think this is a bit unfair ..
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Simon7354 Posted at 2018-8-10 05:32
Hi Mandy,
I hope you can help me here..
So when I purcased my I2 I also got the ProRes licence, I paid £550.

Hi Simon, sorry for my late response because of a long holiday, the price of the CinemaDNG Activation Key in the online store is £1,000, the price of the combo is usually cheaper than the single item, in this situation, it is unable to purchase the CinemaDNG Activation Key on £820, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules