Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI vids and advertising being used to scam on Facebook
2190 9 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sarge43
lvl.3

All over Facebook right now DJI advertising videos and pictures are being used to scam for sales of "not even clone" drones.  Does DJI know about this?  Official DJI videos are used to sell these off brand, cheap knock offs.  I can't believe DJI isn't hot about this and shutting it down through Facebook.  New Mavic Pro Platinum for $59?  Riiiiiiiight.  New Mavic Air for $39?  Riiiiiiight.  I actually ordered one just so I could post the actual unit being sold on Facebook to try to keep people who think it's real from buying it.  Worht $39 of my money to save people who can't spare it and will get duped.  

Sarge

2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this concern to us and certainly we will forward this one to the correct department for this has to stop. Again we thank you for this valuable information that you shared.
2018-7-23
Use props
sarge43
lvl.3

Glad someone from DJI saw this and is putting it forward.  If you want anything from me, let me know.  I can send pics of the crap they are selling as "Mavic Air" once it arrives (IF it arrives).  Thanks for responding!
2018-7-23
Use props
TsuLee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3507 ft
France

Hi,

Is a Scam and medias are talking about in Spain (about all of those Scam Ads in Facebook, not only for Drones.

As Drone they send a JD-20 Pocket Drone

Good luck
2018-7-25
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see them all the time and first I add to the comments about how OBVIOUS of scam it is. Then I post about 10-22 GIFs with the keyword SCAM. Then I report the ad to facebook. Not sure if I'm actually making a difference or just wasting my own time.
2018-7-25
Use props
GDL
First Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

FB is fighting fake news. But when they will flight the fake Ads?
2018-7-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

I thought Facebook was supposed to be monitoring for false information and fake stuff...

ROFL!
2018-7-25
Use props
sarge43
lvl.3

TsuLee Posted at 2018-7-25 15:24
Hi,

Is a Scam and medias are talking about in Spain (about all of those Scam Ads in Facebook, not only for Drones.

I actually placed the orderknowing full well it isn't real, but paid through Paypal, so if it shows up not as advertised (they clearly show a Mavic Air and the DJI advertising videos), all I have to do is contact Paypal and my full purchase will be refunded.  That's part of what I can't understand - they can't be making any money once people report it back to their credit card company or especially Paypal (they refund customers at the drop of a hat).  Want to be able to put actual pics of what they send on their own Facebook thread so people can see it.

2018-7-25
Use props
CarlD1
lvl.1
United States

sarge43 Posted at 2018-7-25 19:27
I actually placed the orderknowing full well it isn't real, but paid through Paypal, so if it shows up not as advertised (they clearly show a Mavic Air and the DJI advertising videos), all I have to do is contact Paypal and my full purchase will be refunded.  That's part of what I can't understand - they can't be making any money once people report it back to their credit card company or especially Paypal (they refund customers at the drop of a hat).  Want to be able to put actual pics of what they send on their own Facebook thread so people can see it.

PayPal may ask you to ship it back in order to get a refund. As the shipping address might be a Chinese one it would be worth 100 bucks against your 39. I got scammed and lost 53 bucks (39 +extra batteries ). Now there is a new one out there it is a GRYPHON from GRIFF AIR something for 300 bucks it looks legit except for the price too low for the claimed performances. They use a video of the latest Parrot that sell for 6 or 7 hundreds. unfortunately i have no pictures but someone can look it up
2018-9-28
Use props
CarlD1
lvl.1
United States

CarlD1 Posted at 2018-9-28 15:05
PayPal may ask you to ship it back in order to get a refund. As the shipping address might be a Chinese one it would be worth 100 bucks against your 39. I got scammed and lost 53 bucks (39 +extra batteries ). Now there is a new one out there it is a GRYPHON from GRIFF AIR something for 300 bucks it looks legit except for the price too low for the claimed performances. They use a video of the latest Parrot that sell for 6 or 7 hundreds. unfortunately i have no pictures but someone can look it up

The website for the GRIFFON scam is griffinairtech.com
2018-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules