Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cendence RC Stick not centered
6757 16 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone having or had this issue. In the Cendence window an Error message and continous beeping "STICK NOT CENTERED" Did the calibration many times, did a hard reset on the controller. The error message will not go away nor is there any other data in the controller menu window. Not like it has had a lot of use. It started before the latest update and continues after doing the update. I know, send it in for repair! I am slowly learning that you must buy two of everything. That way you will have one to use while one is in transit to and from the repair shop!
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, I would like to ask how many times did you try to calibrate the RC and what device are you using during the RC calibration?
2018-7-23
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rodger

Have you tried downgrading the FW to previous version?  Or refreshing the new FW?  This could be the solution, depending if this this is software or FW related.

If you find it is hardware related, then you may need to send it off to repair.

(IMO downgrading should work)

Rich
2018-7-23
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-7-23 14:56
Rodger

Have you tried downgrading the FW to previous version?  Or refreshing the new FW?  This could be the solution, depending if this this is software or FW related.

I don't think it is firmware related. It did it with the old firmware and the new didn't make any difference. It was fine and then I went to use it and the issue appeared.
2018-7-23
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-23 11:52
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, I would like to ask how many times did you try to calibrate the RC and what device are you using during the RC calibration?

At least 6 times using a Crystal Sky. Thing is, this came out of no where. Working fine with no issues and then turn it on and the error message appears.
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-7-24 05:02
At least 6 times using a Crystal Sky. Thing is, this came out of no where. Working fine with no issues and then turn it on and the error message appears.

Hi, did you try to calibrate it using a mobile device? did your sticks respond during the RC calibration?
2018-7-24
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-24 09:02
Hi, did you try to calibrate it using a mobile device? did your sticks respond during the RC calibration?

I will try my iPad mini 4. Using the Crystal sky the sticks registered full movement in all directions.
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-7-25 06:31
I will try my iPad mini 4. Using the Crystal sky the sticks registered full movement in all directions.

May I know if you were successfully calibrated the RC using your crystal sky? Please keep us posted for further progress.
2018-7-25
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-25 08:58
May I know if you were successfully calibrated the RC using your crystal sky? Please keep us posted for further progress.

Apparently not, I still have the error message.
2018-7-25
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

All Fixed
2018-7-25
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

So, what did you finally end up doing?  did recalibrating using the iPad fix it?

thanks
Rich
2018-7-26
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-7-26 09:41
So, what did you finally end up doing?  did recalibrating using the iPad fix it?

thanks

Yes, that did the trick. Also I figured out what happened to my P4P that fell from the sky. Defective battery and I found another that was defective and then ordered a new one to take the place of that on and it was bad as well. If you push in on the battery it will turn itself on and off. Waiting for a replacement for the replacement  and will see what that one brings.
2018-7-27
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-7-27 00:01
Yes, that did the trick. Also I figured out what happened to my P4P that fell from the sky. Defective battery and I found another that was defective and then ordered a new one to take the place of that on and it was bad as well. If you push in on the battery it will turn itself on and off. Waiting for a replacement for the replacement  and will see what that one brings.

Nice job.

Based on your comments about the P4P battery, this is a strange finding. Is this a new P4P (or the cashed P4P) that was repaired?
I wonder what the battery  problem is attributed to? Could it be a short in the battery or something wrong with the P4P battery connection plug inside the body?

Thanks for following up

All the best my friend
Rich
2018-7-27
Use props
Elettrone78
Captain
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

It happened to me a couple of times, removing the battery fixed it.
2018-7-28
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-7-27 07:03
Nice job.

Based on your comments about the P4P battery, this is a strange finding. Is this a new P4P (or the cashed P4P) that was repaired?

It is a new one. The crashed one is a total. When I put the battery in he one that crashed that day it blinked on and off and then the quad went dead. I figured that the battery was not seated right and  reinserted it and it flew 7 laps and fell from the sky at 70 %. I checked the flight records using every service out there and there was no indication of a failure beforehand. It just shut off. While using the new one a couple of weeks ago I inserted a battery that had 57 cycles on it and noticed the same on and off episodes and discovered that when I pushed in on the battery front cover it would go on and off each time I pushed it. Obviously it was not going into the air. I had three other batteries and tried each one to determine if it was the quad or the battery. All three worked fine, I could push all I wanted and no on and off issues at all.  That pointed in a faulty battery and not the P4P. I have flown it more than a dozen times without incident. I feel that something is cracked at the connector/circuit board end and will let go at any time with the right amount of force. I sent an email with all of the data and what happened previously to DJI. I was going to give them the battery to see what the defect is so they can resolve the issue in the future. I received a reply stating to discharge the battery to 18% and recharge it. Obviously they never red it and just noticed the 70% and sent an automated reply. What does charging it have to do with it turning on and off when you push on it! I ordered a new battery and it did the same thing so that one went back. I have not tried the replacement for that one yet. It only arrived yesterday.
2018-7-28
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Elettrone78 Posted at 2018-7-28 02:02
It happened to me a couple of times, removing the battery fixed it.

I wouldn't use it. It will fail. Mine did at 28 MPH and at 135' AGL. Push in on the battery cover to see if it goes on and off. If it does, there is an internal problem.
2018-7-28
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-7-28 05:01
It is a new one. The crashed one is a total. When I put the battery in he one that crashed that day it blinked on and off and then the quad went dead. I figured that the battery was not seated right and  reinserted it and it flew 7 laps and fell from the sky at 70 %. I checked the flight records using every service out there and there was no indication of a failure beforehand. It just shut off. While using the new one a couple of weeks ago I inserted a battery that had 57 cycles on it and noticed the same on and off episodes and discovered that when I pushed in on the battery front cover it would go on and off each time I pushed it. Obviously it was not going into the air. I had three other batteries and tried each one to determine if it was the quad or the battery. All three worked fine, I could push all I wanted and no on and off issues at all.  That pointed in a faulty battery and not the P4P. I have flown it more than a dozen times without incident. I feel that something is cracked at the connector/circuit board end and will let go at any time with the right amount of force. I sent an email with all of the data and what happened previously to DJI. I was going to give them the battery to see what the defect is so they can resolve the issue in the future. I received a reply stating to discharge the battery to 18% and recharge it. Obviously they never red it and just noticed the 70% and sent an automated reply. What does charging it have to do with it turning on and off when you push on it! I ordered a new battery and it did the same thing so that one went back. I have not tried the replacement for that one yet. It only arrived yesterday.

Hi Rodger

Thank you for sharing your details.  I will definitely check all my batteries in the future for this possible problem.

It is to bad that DJI didn't listen to your comments and feedback. I think most issues get the standard response unless it gets elevated to someone higher up in Customer Service.
When you manufacture the amount of products as DJI there are bound to be some detective parts get out in the wild. QC is so important when we are risking so much hard earned money while flying.

All the best
Rich
2018-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules