DJI GS PRO
5904 27 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Is this a DJI app or a third party?  Has anyone tried using it?
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. The DJI GS PRO is one of the applications from DJI.
2018-7-23
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-23 14:20
Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. The DJI GS PRO is one of the applications from DJI.

Is it a stand alone app or does it work with DJI Go 4 app?
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. The DJI GS Pro is a separate application from the DJI Go 4 application. For additional reference, I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial Video for the DJI GS Pro.

2018-7-23
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

More information about Ground Station Pro (GS Pro) can be found on DJI's website here:

https://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro
2018-7-23
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Christine96 Posted at 2018-7-23 14:35
Is it a stand alone app or does it work with DJI Go 4 app?

It's only available for iOS iPads.

Edit:- As a stand alone App'.
2018-7-23
Use props
Markon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1296585 ft
Australia

I am starting to use it on the farm for paddock mapping with a Phantom 4 Pro. One of the things I really like is the ability to run a mission that requires multiple batteries to complete. I have done a couple of missions with 5 batteries.

I am running it on an iPad Mini 4.

So far the only two elements in GS Pro, I have used are PhotoMap and WayPoint Route. WayPoint Route, I have only used a couple of times.

I have found that the best way to use PhotoMap is do your flight mission before you fly, using the Tap function. In advanced, make use you have a 60% front and side overlap ratios. This makes it easier to stitch the photos together. I use  Microsoft ICE or WebODM to stitch my photomaps.

I then launch the drone with DJI Go 4 and get it up to altitude and roughly in position before switching to GS Pro. At completion of mission or when needing to switch batteries, I switch back to DJI Go 4 to bring it back and land it.
2018-7-23
Use props
Markon
lvl.4
Australia

Here is a photomap, greatly reduced. 248 photos 110 meters flight altitude. Stitched in Microsoft ICE.

housepaddock160618red.jpg
2018-7-23
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Markon Posted at 2018-7-23 15:12
I am starting to use it on the farm for paddock mapping with a Phantom 4 Pro. One of the things I really like is the ability to run a mission that requires multiple batteries to complete. I have done a couple of missions with 5 batteries.

I am running it on an iPad Mini 4.

Why do you have to use the Go 4 app?  I thought GS Pro would take off run the mission and then land.
2018-7-23
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-23 14:20
Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. The DJI GS PRO is one of the applications from DJI.

Can it be used like Litchi?  I'm not interested in mapping but rather just making videos.
2018-7-23
Use props
Markon
lvl.4
Australia

Christine96 Posted at 2018-7-23 15:57
Why do you have to use the Go 4 app?  I thought GS Pro would take off run the mission and then land.

When first using GS Pro, I had some issues with the app  trying to run the PhotoMap mission by itself. After two near crashes, I decided to follow the steps I use now.

I won't blame GS Pro, it could have been my lack of experience with the app.

However the technique that I use now, works well for me, so is my preferred way of using it.
2018-7-23
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Markon Posted at 2018-7-23 16:34
When first using GS Pro, I had some issues with the app  trying to run the PhotoMap mission by itself. After two near crashes, I decided to follow the steps I use now.

I won't blame GS Pro, it could have been my lack of experience with the app.

Two near crashes?  What happened if you don't mind me asking?
2018-7-23
Use props
Markon
lvl.4
Australia

Taking off in area with a fair amount of timber (trees) around takeoff point. Gum trees about 15 to 20 meters in height.  Phantom nearly became an expensive plastic hedge trimmer.

Not sure exactly how the problem occurred but on reflection, I think collision/obstacle avoidance sensors were turned off whether by me or the app. As I indicated in the previous reply, most likely caused by my inexperience with GS Pro or too much ambition on my part. I only had about 8 hours total flight experience with the phantom at that point.

(As the old Motorcross/Enduro saying goes. There are three limitations being age, ability or ambition. Never confuse them)

After a bit of playing with GS Pro in an open paddock, I came up with my current operating technique, which seems to work well for me.

2018-7-23
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Christine96 Posted at 2018-7-23 15:57

Aloha Christine,

The Phantom 4 Pro is an aircraft.  The DJI GO 4 is an app, just like Litchi and Ground Station Pro are apps.  If you have an iOS device, you can use your P4 Pro to fly with three different apps, DJI GO 4, Litchi and Ground Station Pro.  It is best if you take-off and land when using only one of the 3 apps.  Each of the apps has their strong points and weak points.  The P4 Pro is just a really good drone!

If you use an Android Operation System for your device, you will not be able to use the Ground Station Pro app because it is only compatible with iOS devices.  For 2 or 3 years, DJI has been saying they will come out with Ground Station Pro for Android, but it is not available yet.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Christine96 Posted at 2018-7-23 16:04
Can it be used like Litchi?  I'm not interested in mapping but rather just making videos.

Hello there. Sorry for the late response. GS Pro is an iPad app designed to control or plan automatic flights for DJI aircraft. GS Pro will then automatically take pictures at pre-set waypoints, providing the accuracy required for precision mapping. A Virtual Fence feature increases the safety of use by locking the aircraft’s height and speed within a designated area. With these features, GS Pro dramatically increases the efficiency of various industrial applications, including but not limited to, aerial imaging, architecture, precision agriculture, electrical inspections, search and rescue, safety control, and more.
2018-7-25
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Christine96 Posted at 2018-7-23 16:04

Its just for mapping,  it will take-off and complete fully automatically,
2018-7-25
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-25 06:47
Hello there. Sorry for the late response. GS Pro is an iPad app designed to control or plan automatic flights for DJI aircraft. GS Pro will then automatically take pictures at pre-set waypoints, providing the accuracy required for precision mapping. A Virtual Fence feature increases the safety of use by locking the aircraft’s height and speed within a designated area. With these features, GS Pro dramatically increases the efficiency of various industrial applications, including but not limited to, aerial imaging, architecture, precision agriculture, electrical inspections, search and rescue, safety control, and more.

Will make videos?  
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Technically, you can. Once you set a flight path, it will be recorded once you tap on the record button. You can double check it here: https://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro/info#faq

2018-7-26
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-26 00:08
Technically, you can. Once you set a flight path, it will be recorded once you tap on the record button. You can double check it here: https://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro/info#faq

[view_image]

Why doesn't DJI just update the DJI Go app to include a Litchi style function?  I don't wan to use Litchi because DJI does not support it and it will void the warranty in case of a malfunction.  
2018-7-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Christine96 Posted at 2018-7-26 16:18
Why doesn't DJI just update the DJI Go app to include a Litchi style function?  I don't wan to use Litchi because DJI does not support it and it will void the warranty in case of a malfunction.

That is not strictly true. DJI will not support you if the Litchi app causes the malfunction. However if the aircraft fails for another reason, then the DJI warranty is still valid. Don't believe everything that drones users post.
2018-7-26
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-26 16:26
That is not strictly true. DJI will not support you if the Litchi app causes the malfunction. However if the aircraft fails for another reason, then the DJI warranty is still valid. Don't believe everything that drones users post.

That's what worries me though about using Litchi.  It's ashame too because Litchi does exactly what I wish the Go 4 app would do.
2018-7-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Christine96 Posted at 2018-7-26 16:51
That's what worries me though about using Litchi.  It's ashame too because Litchi does exactly what I wish the Go 4 app would do.

DJI do their best to weasel out of warranty claims, but Litchi is a very good application, and people who use it regularly will testify that it does the job extremely well. There is little liklehood that Litchi will fail you, while the same cannot be said of DJI Go.
2018-7-26
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-26 18:58
DJI do their best to weasel out of warranty claims, but Litchi is a very good application, and people who use it regularly will testify that it does the job extremely well. There is little liklehood that Litchi will fail you, while the same cannot be said of DJI Go.

But DJI supports the Go app.  I'll probably get brave enough to use Litchi after I have some flight experience.  
2018-7-27
Use props
alemao_drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195161 ft
Brazil

The signature of kml / Shp File Import has validity for how long?

Thank you
Carlos
2019-4-12
Use props
uVueDrones
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Question for DJI

Why can't you adjust the maximum speed during a 3d mapping mission in GS Pro, unless you select stop and take image? I surveyed an area today with an M600 and a IXM-100, 14.9ms speed is ridiculous!!
Surely this can be updated in the app to allow a more sensible safer speed to be selected. It would also allow reduction in motion blur.

R
2020-6-2
Use props
julioesteban.vi
New

Peru

hola, compre el aplicativo para cargar archivos kml o kmz, pero no puedo abrirlo en el gs pro, al momento de importar, nuevamente me envía el mensaje para comprar el aplicativo. gracias por la respuesta.
2021-2-17
Use props
EWIS
lvl.1

Germany

Hello Guys,
I need help creating a flight mission out of several GPS points (Waypoints). I imported these GPS points as a KML file into DJI GS Pro. The aim is to hover at each GPS point at a specific altitude and take a picture.  Under "Map", I can not find the "create mission" option as indicated in this video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCGEKyXc2zI
2021-5-27
Use props
DF AERIAL VISION
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3591001 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

create mission from KML
2021-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now