TapFly Free Mode for Mavic PRO?
2958 11 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

Why Mavic Pro doesn't have a TapFly Free Mode? I know that MP has the Course Lock, but it is not the same. With couse lock you still have to press forward or back, and the joystick allows you to move to the side, getting out of that course line.
Now, with TapFly Free Mode, you don't need to control the forward movement, only the yaw rotation and the gimbal, giving you a more smooth fly.
So, that would be a nice feature to have on Mavic Pro as well.
Please, after fixing all those lag and pixelations problems, consider to add this for Mavic PRO.Or at least, add an option on Course Lock to move forward by itself, if enabled.
Thanks

2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the information that you have given us today. Rest assured that I will be forwarding this idea/thread to out DJI R&D Team for further development.
2018-7-23
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-23 15:36
Hi. Thank you for the information that you have given us today. Rest assured that I will be forwarding this idea/thread to out DJI R&D Team for further development.

I hope you admin peoples pass the word on. Sometimes i wonder.
2018-7-23
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Agree I have been wanting this for a while now.  Really hope they add it but my thinking is they will not.
2018-7-23
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832421 ft

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-23 17:26
Agree I have been wanting this for a while now.  Really hope they add it but my thinking is they will not.

Unfortunately I believe your thinking is correct.
It is simple economics for DJI.  In this case is called Planned Obsolescence.
Although it costs them nothing to add a feature that the Air has and conversely not give the Air Way Points, it is a great tool for their customer base to buy the new and improved products.
2018-7-23
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

The Air has a better camera, a small size, and that all they need to have people buying it.
But, do you  really think that DJI thinks that a person with a Mavic PRO would buy a Mavic Air, just because of those features? Do you know someone that did buy the Air just for this, having a PRO in their hands? rsrsrs
2018-7-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Would be a nice added feature
2018-7-23
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832421 ft

alexmbraMav Posted at 2018-7-23 18:29
The Air has a better camera, a small size, and that all they need to have people buying it.
But, do you  really think that DJI thinks that a person with a Mavic PRO would buy a Mavic Air, just because of those features? Do you know someone that did buy the Air just for this, having a PRO in their hands? rsrsrs

As long as consumers buy, DJI is happy. If they buy the newer version of the Pro whenever it comes out or the Phantom line, they are even happier.
2018-7-24
Use props
dragos_yks
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-23 15:36

It would be super nice to have!  Maybe next update?

Cheers,

D
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

dragos_yks Posted at 1-7 11:16
It would be super nice to have!  Maybe next update?

Cheers,

Hello and good day D. I have already forwarded this thread to our DJI R&D Team. For the latest news and update. Please visit our official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-7
Use props
palanis10
lvl.1

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-7 11:20
Hello and good day D. I have already forwarded this thread to our DJI R&D Team. For the latest news and update. Please visit our official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you for your support.

After more than a year, any updates on this?
This will be a cool feature to have.

Thanks,
2019-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

palanis10 Posted at 10-13 19:10
After more than a year, any updates on this?
This will be a cool feature to have.

Hello and good day palanis10. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment we do not have any information or updates with regards to this matter. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously working to improve the said DJI Mavic Pro. Thank you for understanding and support.
2019-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules