Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-S Pan Axis Off Centered
13306 28 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_AviUD8l1469K
lvl.1
United States

Hi Dji Team,

Just got my Ronin-S. The pan axis is not centered after double tap the trigger.

I have tried to enable Pan Smooth Track, set Deadband to 0, and Speed to 100, and reboot.

...But still not working.

Is there a way to manually set the center point of the Pan Axis?

Thanks.
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the difficulties on controlling Ronin-S, please make sure all three axes have been balanced properly, then please try the Auto-Tune, system calibration and the joystick calibration to see if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-7-24
Use props
EscapeMoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 403573 ft
United States

I am having the same issue. I've tried auto tune after re-balancing, to no effect.
2018-8-6
Use props
EscapeMoto
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same issue. I've tried auto tune after re-balancing, to no effect.
2018-8-6
Use props
EscapeMoto
lvl.1
United States

EscapeMoto Posted at 2018-8-6 19:57

I've also tried manually centering and performing the system calibration. No effect. Still centers off, pointing to the left.

I tried joystick calibration too, even though it doesn't sound like the issue. It isn't drifting without input from the joystick. Still no change.

=(
2018-8-6
Use props
JesseFeyereisen
Flight distance : 319508 ft
United States

Hi ~ I just received my Ronin-S yesterday and I've also noticed that my Pan "center-point" points slightly to the left. Any updates on this issue?
2018-8-7
Use props
Cosmoses
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I'm also having this issue, I just received my Ronin S this last week - even with perfect balance, and after calibration, my pan axis is never aligned to "center" and it is noticeable when using the unit to film. Without joystick input it never points perfectly forward as expected and must be corrected every time I center the gimbal.
Edit: I also concur with the original poster, if there was simply a way to define what center should be that would be fantastic, I'm worried this unit will have to be exchanged.
2018-8-9
Use props
liquidogged
New

Also having the same issue here. Tried two different lenses, took lots of time to balance both, running firmware 1.2 or 1.3 same issue, calibration says everything's good, tried all the steps others have. Double-tap of the trigger just doesn't center the device. I need to know if this is a hardware problem so I can exchange the unit for another one.
2018-8-11
Use props
MJ Pro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390 ft
Malaysia

Same problem but a lot worse. Tilt and roll are off centered. I tried several time balancing the camera and recalibrating the gimbal, still same problem. is there anyway to manually configure the centre of gimbal? cant find them in the Ronin app. NEED MANUAL CALIBRATION ASAP!
BTW is this hardware or software problem?
2018-8-11
Use props
NY90070
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I am also having the same problem camera balanced and configured but double tap put's the camera slightly off center. I hope this is a Firmware issue.

Please, can you look at his as the camera should be centered for framing.
2018-8-12
Use props
Tazar1981
lvl.1
Flight distance : 422933 ft
Australia

I am having the same issue with the pan axis, it is not centered. The balance is perfect. It must be hardware/firmware issue. Fix it please!
2018-8-14
Use props
Knipey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32126 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep same here too, received mine yesterday and pan is off centre which is extremely disappointing after waiting 2 months on pre-order and now there is an issue. What’s the plan to get this sorted?
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI-Paul
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The next firmware and the most recent app will allow a way to correct this.
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, the post in 13#is from our engineers, please refer to it and wait patiently for the next firmware, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-8-25
Use props
mnliew
lvl.3
Singapore

Hi there my pan axis look align
But the system chk keep asking me to rebalance
Hv anyone encounter this?
2018-9-8
Use props
Nohchilife
lvl.3

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-25 01:06
Hi all, the post in 13#is from our engineers, please refer to it and wait patiently for the next firmware, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The pan axis recenter is still not fixed after double tap the trigger with new firmware
2018-9-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nohchilife Posted at 2018-9-14 07:11
The pan axis recenter is still not fixed after double tap the trigger with new firmware

Hi there, please try the following steps:
1. First press the button twice to re-center the gimbal. Then check the joint angle parameters under APP’s “Motor Parameter”. If any joint angle value is above 1, or the axis arm drifts after the gimbal is re-centered, then joint angle calibration is needed. ID18896-1.png
2. Push and pull the joystick several times to change the axis’s position if its joint angle value is above one or it has drifted. Observe the joint angle data changing in the app and stop operating the joystick after the value is less than one or the drifted axis’s arm is in the centered position.
ID18896-2.png
3. Press and hold the joint angle in the app for about 6 seconds to start the joint angle calibration. Then click “OK”.
ID18896-3.png ID18896-4.png
2018-9-17
Use props
Nohchilife
lvl.3

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-17 00:50
1. First press the button twice to re-center the gimbal. Then check the joint angle parameters under APP’s “Motor Parameter”. If any joint angle value is above 1, or the axis arm drifts after the gimbal is re-centered, then joint angle calibration is needed. [view_image]
2. Push and pull the joystick several times to change the axis’s position if its joint angle value is above one or it has drifted. Observe the joint angle data changing in the app and stop operating the joystick after the value is less than one or the drifted axis’s arm is in the centered position.

Thanks a lot Mindy! It's working!
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nohchilife Posted at 2018-9-18 10:08
Thanks a lot Mindy! It's working!

Glad to know it works, please let us know if you have any further concern, we are always here to help.
2018-9-18
Use props
TomWaits
New
France

Hi,

Just tried it several time and it doesn't work, is there a problem on the new firmware or something ?

Thanks a lot.
2018-12-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TomWaits Posted at 12-1 06:10
Hi,

Just tried it several time and it doesn't work, is there a problem on the new firmware or something ?

Hi TomWaits, may I verify what will happen when you double press the Trigger Button? It doesn't have any response or keeps drifting?
2018-12-3
Use props
djiuser_p4cDSvQP4EkL
New
Singapore

1. First press the button twice to re-center the gimbal. Then check the joint angle parameters under APP’s “Motor Parameter”. If any joint angle value is above 1, or the axis arm drifts after the gimbal is re-centered, then joint angle calibration is needed. [view_image]
2. Push and pull the joystick several times to change the axis’s position if its joint angle value is above one or it has drifted. Observe the joint angle data changing in the app and stop operating the joystick after the value is less than one or the drifted axis’s arm is in the centered position.
[Image]

Same issue. Tried the recalibration and it says success. But then when I double press the button it goes to center then drifts to the right.
2019-1-23
Use props
djiuser_0YwSTVDoG3A4
New
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-24 00:09
Sorry for the difficulties on controlling Ronin-S, please make sure all three axes have been balanced properly, then please try the Auto-Tune, system calibration and the joystick calibration to see if the issue persists, thank you.

Hello! Does this slide past the number 7,5? I can seem to slide it to 9, it only gets to this point and it imposible to move it. Thanks
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_p4cDSvQP4EkL Posted at 1-23 04:59
Same issue. Tried the recalibration and it says success. But then when I double press the button it goes to center then drifts to the right.

Hi there, sorry for the troubles with the gimbal, just to verify, the issue persists after the Joint Calibration, System Calibration and AutoTune and Joystick calibration right? If yes, may I verify if you are running the latest firmware? Are all the knobs are locked tightly?
If there is no luck, please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered, press 'More' and show us the whole settings, thank you.
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_0YwSTVDoG3A4 Posted at 1-24 02:20
Hello! Does this slide past the number 7,5? I can seem to slide it to 9, it only gets to this point and it imposible to move it. Thanks

Hi there, I have just replied your post in another thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1734186 Please keep us updated in one thread, we will keep following up, thank you.
2019-1-24
Use props
fans1dd464fb
lvl.1
Germany

Last night i’ve tried to update my firmware and i forgot place the camera on it,
After the update complited i’d place my camera on it and  had calibrate it,
So when i’m turn the device on it starts to beeping 4-5 times, after that it’s start pan move by itselfe clockwise,
So I decided to calibrate the device and it was my baddest ever night mare,
The ronin start to do some foolish moves by it self and hit my lens 3-4 times to device, im really scard and immidiatley decide to put the device in pause mode....
My lens broken by the ronin s,
After 14 hours of research,
I found the problem.
I’d tried to reset device settings but there is no factory reset on device, there just a reset for some sort of settings and it’s not even reset the profiles i’ve tried to callibrate device without injuries. After calibration of joystick and device it starts to pan by itselfe many times,
After that i’d went for a auto tune and it’s not even done anything,After that done a joint angel reset and nothings..
2019-1-25
Use props
fans1dd464fb
lvl.1
Germany

So many time tries and exhausted,
After doeing every steps for many times i’ve tried to push and pull the joystick very light and i’ve found the problem,
It’s caused by the joystick, it’s stocked in some points so you see the joystick by itselfe placed center but it’s not, its stocked and when you’re doeing a push and pull lightly it gets back to the center...
Sad news i’d lost my 16-35 canon after last night collibration.
Now it hunts for focusing and noises like a dumb...
Regards javahersaz
2019-1-25
Use props
fans4d2262b2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35335 ft
United States

[Image]

OH MY GOD. THIS GODDAMN STUPID JOINT ANGLE FIX DOES NOT WORK WITH AN IPHONE. YOU PRESS OK AND THE BOX JUST GOES AWAY. IT DOES NOT CALIBRATE THE JOINT ANGLE TO THE ADJUSTED ONE. FIX THIS!!!
2019-9-2
Use props
PhilippN
lvl.1

Czechia

Hey, I am having the same issue with my Ronin M - perfectly balanced (3 different lenses on my GH5S) and the default pan axis position is slightly left. Nothing helps.
2020-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules