811 11 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OverStander9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 511598 ft
United States

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Z66TWZFEUH0IUPZ5GENX/

I lost my spark from one of the the usual spots i take off from quite often. After take off it begin to drift away from me after reaching 15 to 20 ft. I tried to rth but had no luck Spark was lost and could not make it back eventhough I was still in line of sight. I search the area that find my drone gave me but it wasnt there. Dji Flight log gave me a different location a block away, it may be in the trees. No bluetooth or any way of locating my drone sucks! Im really confused of what happened usually when flying on my iphone i get much better signal than with my android.

2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. Since this issue had happened to your DJI Spark. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at ( www.dji.com/support ). Please sync your flight records as well using your DJI Go 4 application for further help.
2018-7-23
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

This is now coming very common on iphones. It may be the phone itself causing the fly away condition with the SPARK.
2018-7-23
Use props
OverStander9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 511598 ft
United States

S.J Posted at 2018-7-23 16:21
This is now coming very common on iphones. It may be the phone itself causing the fly away condition with the SPARK.

Sadly I just upgraded to iphone mainly to fly my Spark
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

OverStander9 Posted at 2018-7-23 16:22
Sadly I just upgraded to iphone mainly to fly my Spark

Thank you for this additional information. Rest assured I will be forwarding this thread to our DJI R&D Team to check the issue that you are having with the mobile device mentioned.
2018-7-23
Use props
Jasta ~
First Officer
Flight distance : 500554 ft
Philippines

S.J Posted at 2018-7-23 16:21
This is now coming very common on iphones. It may be the phone itself causing the fly away condition with the SPARK.

Seriously?

A thread will be good if this is true.

I think we should create a thread regarding Fly Away that includes every useful information like ~
~ Phone/Tablet used
~ AC Firmware
~ RC Firmware
~DJI Go App version
~ Months/Year of the AC&RC
2018-7-23
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

The spark is going to be around Dorian St as the map indicates - zoom in.
Maybe a back yard.
It was in landing mode when the data stopped at 63 ft so there is hope.

You had all the common speed yaw compass errors.
But something that could have helped, wait for the wind to be a bit calmer.
I saw about 5 warnings where it said it was high winds.
But the other thing that could have helped (or it helped because it was a bad pratice) always take off with a full battery.
But like i said, that could have helped you this time.

2018-7-23
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

Jasta ~ Posted at 2018-7-23 17:14
Seriously?

A thread will be good if this is true.

I believe it to be a hardware issue. Shortly after I got my 2nd Spark replaced in April (I have 2 in my fleet) I started noticing a lot of people suffering from YAW issues, the YAW and compass errors, add IMU and finally add speed error.

Lots of users out there producing log files with ALL of those errors.
Since there is a (pilots I know here and on other forums) 1st quarter group 2018 and few early 2nd quarter group 2018 that flies with no issues, I see it to be hardware because the firmware has been good since December (for iOS)
Android has had other issues since 4.1.15 until 4.1.21

Hardware issue because in the middle of two firmware releases (Dec 17 and July 18), all of these issues started cropping up.
2018-7-23
Use props
Jasta ~
First Officer
Flight distance : 500554 ft
Philippines

DJI should take this seriously!
2018-7-23
Use props
Dronenland
lvl.3
Flight distance : 150564 ft
Netherlands

I had a fly-away too with my first Spark (fly more combo) i had to use my scuba gear to retrieve it.

You can't easily find out what build date the Spark has, but considering you can find that out with the batteries and them having the date 07/2017, i reckon the Spark was a first batch model.

Somehow i have this awkward feeling the earlier models are more susceptible to these kind of failures than the newer models....

The first produced log files on my new Spark (you can check with DJI Assistent) mentioned 06/2018 as the date. So i think this is a very new batch.
2018-7-24
Use props
Noble797
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42605 ft

I keep hearing about fly aways when rth, Makes me not want to use rth.
2018-7-25
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130768 ft
United Kingdom

Noble797 Posted at 2018-7-25 00:41
I keep hearing about fly aways when rth, Makes me not want to use rth.

Using RTH does mean that you're entirely reliant on the software for getting your spark back. I'd rather not use it at all given the choice, but in a CE country I'm pretty much dependant on it as the signal cuts out so much.
2018-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules