Phantom 4 Pro..Only 9-10 seconds video coverage then stops recording
4470 6 2018-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7657b936
lvl.1

United States

Hi there, I have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro.  When recording aerial video it only allows me 9-10 seconds of coverage then it stops recording.

I have Scandisk 32GB mini SD cards in both the remote controller and the Phantom....both with plenty of storage on them.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Fred
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. Thanks for reaching out DJI Forum. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall DJI Go App? Also, can you update the firmware of the drone? Please make sure you are using the compatible Micro SD Card to your Phantom 4 Pro. For reference, please see the attached image below. Thank you.

2018-7-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I suspect you have Sandisk cards, not Scandisk? The one in the controller does not matter, it is not used for storing anything, the one in the aircraft is the important one. Which one stops recording? Exactly what type is the card in the aircraft? A photo of it would help. The problem you are raising is most times caused by the card in the aircraft. The first thing to try is to format the card in the aircraft using the DJI Go App video settings.
2018-7-24
Use props
fjmaffei
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-24 16:07
I suspect you have Sandisk cards, not Scandisk? The one in the controller does not matter, it is not used for storing anything, the one in the aircraft is the important one. Which one stops recording? Exactly what type is the card in the aircraft? A photo of it would help. The problem you are raising is most times caused by the card in the aircraft. The first thing to try is to format the card in the aircraft using the DJI Go App video settings.

Thank you!  I have updated the firmware 3 days ago, will verify the correct sandisk, and format new.

So the default video clip storage is in the Drone....do I need to change anything in the DJI App to use as primary?
2018-7-25
Use props
fjmaffei
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-24 09:58
Hi. Thanks for reaching out DJI Forum. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall DJI Go App? Also, can you update the firmware of the drone? Please make sure you are using the compatible Micro SD Card to your Phantom 4 Pro. For reference, please see the attached image below. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you!  I updated the firmware and it was still having the issue.  Picture of disk I am using

Seems it automatically stores in Video Cache in the remote and the footage on the disk from drone only shows 9-10 seconds as well.
2018-7-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

fjmaffei Posted at 2018-7-25 06:57
Thank you!  I updated the firmware and it was still having the issue.  Picture of disk I am using [view_image]

Seems it automatically stores in Video Cache in the remote and the footage on the disk from drone only shows 9-10 seconds as well.

It's missing the word "Extreme"

https://www.google.com/search?q= ... eid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2018-7-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fjmaffei Posted at 2018-7-25 06:57
Thank you!  I updated the firmware and it was still having the issue.  Picture of disk I am using [view_image]

As Mark says below, the card is not fast enough, so there is your problem. It should be a Sandisk Extreme Pro card. The Go App has a setting that switches on cache storage, which means a low resolution copy is saved to the memory of your phone or tablet. But that copy is not the primary storage and is subject to glitches from the transmission process, and is also only low resolution. The primary storage is in the aircraft, and you cannot change that.
2018-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules