Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER: DJI
2838 15 2015-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maxgajo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20413 ft
Italy

Yes my friend, DJI has the worst customer service ever and this is my story.
One and a half month ago I was flying my Phantom2 V.3 in a open and dangers free area, no electric wires around, beautiful weather, calibration done OK, battery (the latest V2) with about 50% charge and about 7 minutes flying time left, suddenly the communication between the Pahntom and my iPad is broken and I see the white stuff falling down like a stone from a 50 mts. height. The drone shell was broken, the gimbal and the camera DESTROYED, one propeller broken and the landing gears broken. I checked carefully the video I took and it is very clear that I didn't hit anything and the only reason was a battery default! I sent a mail to DJI support in three Continents (EU, US and Asia) telling them I was ready to pay the cost of the transport of the drone to get it analized and see what could have been the reason. Guess what? NO ANSWER, better, I got a "politically correct" answer form the US support reminding me all the check you must do before taking off. Most probably they believe that the Pahntom 2 owners are IDIOTS! I'm quite sure they will remove this therd from the forum because they do not want to admit that the battery has serious problems, if you check in YouTube you can find many videos of people with the same problem and with the same battery, what they call the "intelligent battery". Yes it is intelligent because it cause the total destruction of the drone and you can buy a new one! Before this accident I was waiting to buy the Phantom 3 but now I can say that I'll never buy DJI anymore!!!
Max
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SOMETIMES THEY ARE BACK ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok my dear, almost two years later I'm back with my new Phantom 4, I do hope I'll be more lucky this time and can enjoy my new toy!
Max

2015-5-22
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Why have you waited one and a half months to tell us this ?
That's about the time of your last post where you were taking the Phantom to your dealer because you could not get the Wi-Fi to work.
If you bought from a dealer then they are the ones you need to contact.
If you bought from DJI direct then the EU service centre is in Germany and you should phone them direct.
2015-5-22
Use props
maxgajo
lvl.1
Italy

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-5-23 06:48
Why have you waited one and a half months to tell us this ?
That's about the time of your last post  ...

Johnwrr I wait all these time because in the meantime I try to get an answer from DJI, sending many mails and many "help requests". The dealer where I bought the Phantom told me>" if you want we can send to Germany to DJI for repairing but this is not covered by the warranty". It would have cost me maybe more than buying a new Phantom 3!
2015-5-22
Use props
Skaffen-Amtiska
New

Australia

so what was the "White stuff" that fell from the machine?   was it shell parts?  blade parts?    if so, then did you do a complete airframe inspection before flight, to make sure it wasn't damaged while you weren't flying it?
2015-5-22
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
United Kingdom

maxgajo Posted at 2015-5-23 14:53
Johnwrr I wait all these time because in the meantime I try to get an answer from DJI, sending man ...

Your contract is with the dealer, they have said its not covered under the warranty and offered to send it in for repair (at your own cost because its crash damaged), how is this the worst customer service ever ?
Unless you can supply any evidence that the crash was not due to user error or operating outside the recommended flight environment, then there really is not much more to say.
It will be the same situation with any other manufacture that you may turn to next.
2015-5-23
Use props
CapitAn
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Ouch, sorry to hear of the crash.
Yes, it would seem that communication of any kind is a low priority with DJI. Thankfully l haven't had to deal with them yet, and unlike the customer service we're used to in the western world, once we've bought we become worthless, or so it seems.
lf you do send it in, apparently it's about 6 weeks before you hear anything useful.
lf, as john says, you had no visual from wifi, how do you know for sure you didn't nick anything during flight? Video only shows a small forward-facing view. lf the vid shows wide-open fields and sky, l'm not sure why your local dealer would say it's not covered by warranty. l would think that should be DJI's decision once it's been assessed.
2015-5-23
Use props
maxgajo
lvl.1
Italy

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-5-23 16:21
Your contract is with the dealer, they have said its not covered under the warranty and offered to ...

Dear johnwarr, you must know that DJI would have repaired my drone under warranty ONLY if I would have send to them an external video of what happened. External means not taken by the drone, do you think this is a smart request? who ever can do this? This I was told by the dealer who offered me to send, at my expenses, the drone in Germany, but he also warn me that I could have wait up to six months and without the video they would have charge the repair costs. May I suggest you to look into YouTube and see all the videos of the people that had my same problem?
2015-5-23
Use props
maxgajo
lvl.1
Italy

Skaffen-Amtiska Posted at 2015-5-23 15:59
so what was the "White stuff" that fell from the machine?   was it shell parts?  blade parts?    if  ...

I called "white stuff" the whole Phantom, no parts detached from it!
2015-5-23
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
United Kingdom

"May I suggest you to look into YouTube and see all the videos of the people that had my same problem?"
Thanks, but I much prefer to watch the ones of the Phantom flying freely, taking awesome shots, not that I see what the point of me watching some crash videos has to do with anything ?

"suddenly the communication between the Pahntom and my iPad is broken and I see the white stuff falling down like a stone from a 50 mts. height."
I have done a YouTube search for this and not found anything apart from people flying Ground Station missions without taking into account the surrounding area or flying beyond visual range and crashing into things.
I take it you were flying a Ground Station mission ?
And if so were you using the Vision app or iPad Ground Station ?
Apart from loading the Ground Station mission at the start, the iPad has no control over the Phantom.
What was happing with the Transmitter ? are you sure you did not execute a CSC command and shut off the motors ?

"I checked carefully the video I took and it is very clear that I didn't hit anything and the only reason was a battery default!"
Can you post the video ?
Did it keep recording on the way down ?

2015-5-23
Use props
maxgajo
lvl.1
Italy

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-5-23 22:10
"May I suggest you to look into YouTube and see all the videos of the people that had my same proble ...

johnwarr, WHO ARE YOU ??? I only posted my bad experience, are you the MASTER of Drones, you can watch whatever you like in YouTube, I only told you that there are so many cases like mine. Enjoy your weekend!
2015-5-23
Use props
nico_mav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1858852 ft
United States

sorry for your drone.
a realy sad story.
how meny flights have you dan with your phandom before crash?
how old your battery was and how did you store your battery ?
did you store like 50% of energy or 100% ?

i believe that this batterys produce many problems !
the battery make the main unit of phandom to freeze sometimes even if the battery is new and the level is 100%

i have NO crash or fly away, wet, but one day when i was flying my lovly phandom2 i notice on screen that the battery level and the satelites number was 0 and i was at 400m high from me.
i land it with no problem. i shitch it off and then on  again. nothing, still the same.
only when i unpluged the battery from the drone and then plug it again i was able to see bettery level and sats number.

2015-5-23
Use props
maxgajo
lvl.1
Italy

nico_mav@hotmai Posted at 2015-5-24 01:17
sorry for your drone.
a realy sad story.
how meny flights have you dan with your phandom before cras ...

Hi Nico, my drone was only 6 months old as I get it in winter time so I didn't have too many chance to fly. The battery was 2 months old with 6 cycles and it was more than 50% when it happened. I generally store the battery with 2 lines out of 4 as suggested by DJI, never discharged 100% and never stored 100% charged. You are right these batteries are very sensitive, too much, so for unknown reasons sometimes happens what happened to me!
2015-5-23
Use props
pb05life
lvl.1

United States

I think DJI service sucks too, I have never got a single response from them
2015-5-24
Use props
nalda13
New

Spain

Very unfortunate, the situation does not surprise me .....
Take 1 ½ months with my PHANTOM 2 VISION PLUS and everything is trouble, this breakdown more than flying.
Now the camera does not work, I planned to buy another model of v3 and leave the above for my son.
I'll wait another company.
Technical service in Madrid, fine, but not allowed to touch the camera and they have to send to Germany three months minimum and took a month and a half with the DRONE.
I think it's very sad to spend € 1,250 for this ............
regards
Jose
2015-5-24
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

I am sorry for your loss but I have contacted DJInand several occasions and I have always got them. Did you call by phone to their support on just rely on email. Didnyounfill out a support ticket and get a number for tracking. I have talked to support often and do admit I have been put in the que and had to hold up to 25 min. But the que tells you what number you are and counts down as you get closer to being helped. I know of May other users that have also contacted DJI and have been serviced. If I was you I'd give them a call rather that wait on an email and fuss about it. Use the system. Not the best and definitely not the fastest but it works. Have a nice day!
2015-5-28
Use props
nekonny
lvl.1

United States

Phone call is your best shot at getting feedback.
2015-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules