1168 10 2018-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OleGunnar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146332 ft
Norway

Hi

My problem is when I switch the AC from auto channel to custom channel and a 2.4GHz channel, then I loose the wifi channel from RC to mobile.
I have tried 3 different android devices, so it can not be on that part. (OTG works fine though and AC is on 2.4GHz)
I have also tried all kind of tricks and reset the RC/AC channel with the 3-peep battery trick etc. (bluetooth off, airplane mode also..)

This was not a problem on .0900 version.
Now I have spend all day to figure this out, but did not succeed.

Additional info. If I turn off RC and AC after I have set to 2.4GHz, and then turn on RC only, I can connect to RC on channel 1.After starting AC, the RC will disappear .

Any reason for this problem?

• Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.1000
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.0600
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.2.21

2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the confusion, the frequency range and channel can be switched manually. Note: To switch the frequency range (and select 2.4 GHz or 5.8GHz), you should select one channel first. Wi-Fi will restart and connect to the aircraft again, Wi-Fi will also restart after the channel is switched."
2018-7-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

That did not happen on older firmware?
Strange, cause when you switch to 2.4 between bird and RC
Your phone needs so be able to connect to 5.8
Which androids in Europe are most likely not by CE settings

Have you used an iOS, with old fw?
Or: Can you try an iOS, now?
2018-7-25
Use props
OleGunnar
lvl.4

Thanks both for your reply.

First, I have had the Spark since November and know it quite well and have a engineer degree in computing...
I am in EU and tested with android 7.1 and 8.1, but the problem is not there. No access to IOS.
I am using 5.8GHz on my home network without any problems on my mobiles and tablet.

I will assume that the RC have two transmitters, one 2.4GHz and one 5.8GHz.
When the AC to RC is on 5.8GHZ then the RC to mobile is on 2.4GHz.
And if AC to RC is on 2.4GHz, then the RC to mobile is on 5.8GHz.

As I mention I can see that the AC is switching correctly to the custom frequency, I can connect with OTG and see that.
I definitely can also see that the RC does not switch to 5.8GHz. When using a wifi analyzer I can see that it start up in 2.4GHZ but then is disappear (or use a frequency that is not legal in EU) when RC connects to AC.
2018-7-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Ok, "I am using 5.8GHz on my home network without any problems on my mobiles and tablet."
Are you sure that your home wifi router is using this 5.8 Ghz channels?

"When using a wifi analyzer I can see that it start up in 2.4GHZ but then is disappear (or use a frequency that is not legal in EU) when RC connects to AC."

And now you are most likely in the "android is not using 5.8 Ghz channels in CE areas" situation!

Which was not any different on .900

Are you sure about this?:
"This was not a problem on .0900 version."

Edit: "find" someone with an iOS and let him check offered wifis, when your Ac / RC is on and not connected via otg to any device

2018-7-26
Use props
OleGunnar
lvl.4

Very very strange..
My Zyxel home router does not go higher than ch 112 but that works okay on my Nexus 6P and Huawei P20 running Oreo.

What I have tested now is to reset spark wifi and tried to connect directly to the Spark from mobile. That is also not working. What?!!?
This drives me crazy. I never had this problem on .900.

But then I came to check on my iMac the wifi and I can see the Spark-SSID all the time but not on mobile or tablet! (Now I have tried 4 different devices, v6,7 and 8)
What is wrong on my Android devices! I'll try google search some more..
2018-7-26
Use props
OleGunnar
lvl.4

But is it correct that RC will switch to 5.8G when AC is on 2.4G ?
2018-7-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Yes!
You see a 2.4 GHz in the app, that is the connection TO the Spark.
If it is Spark to RC, there is only 5.8 GHz available for the device.
And that is a android limitation, which seems to be about the legal use of 5.8 (short range devices) usage in CE areas.

And even resetting the RC is not changing that?
Reset both, RC and bird, pair RC and bird again, usually all should be back to  "normal"
5.8 RC to Ac, 2.4 RC to device.
2018-7-26
Use props
OleGunnar
lvl.4

Okay, my last test was to use FakeGPS to move my phone position to USA and re-test.  This forced me to FCC mode (which I used to use before .1000)
This time I was able to connect my phone to RC :-)
So much struggle...
My conclusion is now that Spark cannot be used in EU (CE mode) with RC-AC in 2.4GHz mode without OTG cable.
Thank you DJI for finally supporting OTG.
2018-7-26
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

2.4 Ghz/5.8 Ghz bands availability is restricted by ISP and/or sim-card in your region.
Android will follow these rules, while IOS does not. Some Android devices allow both bands regardless of region.

Correct me if I'm wrong..

2018-7-26
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
United Kingdom

OleGunnar Posted at 2018-7-26 00:52
Thanks both for your reply.

First, I have had the Spark since November and know it quite well and have a engineer degree in computing...

Actually it must be the other way around. it must work @5.8GHz duin take off and  while SPARK is at a distance > 0.75 KM , it will switch to 2.4GHz automatically.
2018-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules