Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ronin-s carrying case?
16196 21 2018-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kzdw0yz3wNtZ
lvl.1
Denmark

I just got my Ronin-s yesterday, and was wondering if the case is only useable if you re-adjust every axis so you have to balance it right everytime you pack it down and back up again?

2018-7-25
Use props
darinf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495787 ft

I am looking for the same thing. I don't want to adjust everything back just so it will fit in the case.
Any ideas on a good case that could be adapted to fit the Ronin-S no matter how it's adjusted for balance?
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Currently, the carry case can only store the Ronin-S separately, since the size of the cameras and the lens are different, it is difficult for us to design a case which could carry all the camera models, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-7-26
Use props
Jesaul
lvl.3
Netherlands

Can you please make a belt for carrying the ronin-s during the work?
It would be very usefull (not to have to do it manually).
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jesaul Posted at 2018-7-26 01:55

Great idea, we will forward your suggestion to our engineer for consideration. Thanks for your post.
2018-7-26
Use props
SimonLM
lvl.1
Denmark

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-26 01:45
Currently, the carry case can only store the Ronin-S separately, since the size of the cameras and the lens are different, it is difficult for us to design a case which could carry all the camera models, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I am not talking about putting down my camera with the gimbal mor the thing that i have to adjust axis to fit it back in the case. then i have to put on my camera and balance everything from the bottom again
2018-7-26
Use props
darinf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495787 ft

Yes, that's the main issue with the case that the Ronin-S comes with. You have to completely "un-adjust" the adjustment arms in order for it to fit in the case. I want to be able to leave everything set. I don't mind removing the camera and separating the battery from the gimbal.

I was able to get the Ronin-S to fit nicely in the backpack I have for my Phantom 4 Pro. So people might try using Phantom 4/Pro soft cases that can be reconfigured with velcro pieces.
2018-7-26
Use props
Jesaul
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-26 02:21
Great idea, we will forward your suggestion to our engineer for consideration. Thanks for your post.

Thank  you. That will be most usefull running around the area in between the recording... Especially when you are on the street and cannot put it aside even for a moment.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SimonLM Posted at 2018-7-26 06:00
I am not talking about putting down my camera with the gimbal mor the thing that i have to adjust axis to fit it back in the case. then i have to put on my camera and balance everything from the bottom again

I see, your request will be forwarded to our engineers for attention in the future development, hope your experience with Ronin-S would be better, very sorry for the inconvenience caused at the moment.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jesaul Posted at 2018-7-26 23:00
Thank  you. That will be most usefull running around the area in between the recording... Especially when you are on the street and cannot put it aside even for a moment.

I agree, your suggestion has been transferred to our engineers, let's expect the future release.
2018-7-27
Use props
BrummieP4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 383999 ft

Here for any updates. Agreed, the case that comes with Ronin-S is useless other than for maybe traveling on planes as who wants to adjust the arms etc every single time they pack it away?!
2018-8-20
Use props
laerenceli
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Jesaul Posted at 2018-7-26 01:55

Like This ?
2018-8-21
Use props
Jesaul
lvl.3
Netherlands

Interesting idea.
It's not what I've imagined. This is more to east the work with the gimbal.
I was thinking about a belt over the waist that will have a transporting function.
2018-8-21
Use props
fans60f02ac1
lvl.1

Great idea... What is the piece you used to attach the strap to the Ronin?
2018-9-5
Use props
laerenceli
lvl.2

Hong Kong

fans60f02ac1 Posted at 2018-9-5 16:37
Great idea... What is the piece you used to attach the strap to the Ronin?

https://www.amazon.com/DF-DIGITA ... E83CENB7C6JVJW96NZ4
2018-9-5
Use props
diy-guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11857 ft

Maybe i found a solution for the transport of the DJI Ronin S. Using a bag from Peak Design works great.
See this Article: https://konkludenz.de/reisetasche-fuer-den-dji-ronin-s/
Sorry it is written in german. Please see this Google Translate link (english): https://bit.ly/2Nrhp5t
2018-9-7
Use props
mikoshark 6
lvl.2

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-Hardshell-Carrying-Backpack-Bag-For-DJI-Ronin-S-Storage-Shoulder-Box-/153147668632
2018-9-30
Use props
Alnanaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123901 ft
Singapore

Have used the peak design 10l sling as a storage bag for the ronin s.
3271FDF9-4D80-4F1F-8157-3D3269E09DC9.jpeg
8646FFE8-9FAC-46CF-A860-C71B6E68AD65.jpeg
2018-10-1
Use props
skyblu
lvl.1

Switzerland

The Ronin-S Case is a total engineering FAIL! Apart from the required full unbalancing of the gimbal, there isn't even space for the small manual inside!

Fit for the landfill right out of the box.

Cases seem to be a general weakness of DJI, the original Ronin came with a gargantuan unwieldy case (but tuning could be maintained), the Ronin-M came with no case whatsoever (!), the separate accessory case acceptable but hardly great and tuning could be maintained, and now the Ronin-S case --- is simply laughable.
2019-4-17
Use props
lifeinmotion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15220 ft
North Macedonia

Here is my solution for balanced Ronin S. A few modifications, and it fits great =)
received_308630943411697.jpeg
received_354818628565169.jpeg
2019-6-10
Use props
glen mcdowell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815102 ft
  • >>>
United States

darinf Posted at 2018-7-26 09:47
Yes, that's the main issue with the case that the Ronin-S comes with. You have to completely "un-adjust" the adjustment arms in order for it to fit in the case. I want to be able to leave everything set. I don't mind removing the camera and separating the battery from the gimbal.

I was able to get the Ronin-S to fit nicely in the backpack I have for my Phantom 4 Pro. So people might try using Phantom 4/Pro soft cases that can be reconfigured with velcro pieces.

Can you share a photo of how the Ronin S fits in the Phantom backpack?
2020-3-9
Use props
JPR300
New

United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

I have also been wanting a slim lin travel case to carry my Ronin S that I could strap to the side of my camera bag. An idea came to me to buy a squash racket case and see if it would fit and it did (including the tripod attachment which saves time when preparing for a quick shoot. The zip gets a bit tight near the top, however, it does stretch well and the case is also padded. I recommend it as a solution.

I can imagine these squash racket cases getting snapped up in their droves now.

Regards,
James

2021-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules