NEW Version Controller Do Not UPDATE Firmware
13211 32 2014-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

DO not upgrade the firmware in the new controller, it is the wrong version and will mess thing up.

There is no reason to do it at this time. FYI.
2014-11-3
Use props
aspelhaug
lvl.1

United States

It still works, looks like it's just the battery level indicator lights that do not
2014-11-3
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

That's because it is an old firmware released a year ago, at the moment there are no new versions available to download.
If you have one of the new transmitters do not downgrade the firmware as the version it comes with is already up to date and until DJI release the new RC assistant you will not be able to recover it.
2014-11-3
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thanks hd_ultra for the heads up / warning. It is a shame that DJI does not include instructions with the new transmitter. At a minimum perhaps affix a label on the transmitter that says something along the lines of: "Your transmitter is preloaded with the latest firmware (indicate version number) - Do not update it at this time". Including instructions that include why not to update the firmware at this time makes sense. Or at a minimum a simple single page supplement. Its defies logic to receive it with no instructions . . . not even a link to a website page about setup and usage. Come on DJI is that reasonable?
2014-11-3
Use props
aspelhaug
lvl.1

United States

josephbobowicz@ Posted at 2014-11-4 04:24
Thanks hd_ultra for the heads up / warning. It is a shame that DJI does not include instructions wit ...

I agree, when I called DJI they said. "That is such a new product, we don't really know much about it yet."

Really?
2014-11-3
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

aspelhaug@gmail Posted at 2014-11-4 05:52
I agree, when I called DJI they said. "That is such a new product, we don't really know much about ...

WOW! Talk about completely an unacceptable answer from DJI!
2014-11-3
Use props
Mori55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50909 ft
United States

josephbobowicz@ Posted at 2014-11-4 05:54
WOW! Talk about completely an unacceptable answer from DJI!

But do we have to calibrate the controller in the controller assistant?
2014-11-3
Use props
rod
lvl.4

New Zealand

When the good guys here on the forum have got it sorted we can drop DJI an information sheet!!
2014-11-3
Use props
jaywoodz
New

United States

I got the new controller, and updated the firmware.. lost the LEDs. Now I'm terrified to fly. Not sure what I should.. either not fly and be safe (not enjoying my $1,300+ investment) to wait for new firmware, or fly, not have LEDs, and possibly risk another reason it may not work.
2014-11-3
Use props
Gobokinetic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Jaywoodz you need to email DJI and tell them, I reported this last week, I was the first person too, they still think im lying.

does yours look like this

please share and make others aware
2014-11-4
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

You can calibrate it just do not do the firmware update.
2014-11-4
Use props
drone7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51998 ft
United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-11-4 21:55
You can calibrate it just do not do the firmware update.

Hi jaywoodz, after you lost the  green lights were you still able to control the gimbal using the dial on the new transmitter?. The reason I ask is because I just got the new transmitter 5.8Ghz for my Vision Plus yesterday, but when I connected it to the RC assistant 1.1v software I was not prompted to upgrade. I then hooked up my vision plus to the Phantom assistant software latest 3.6v using Mac 10.10 and calibrated the transmitter under the "RC" and selected the "upgrade transmitter". Everything seem to be working S1- GPS, ATTI, FAILSAFE . S2 was working too I'm in Naza M I can even start the motor using the 2 sticks. My issue is the dial on the new transmitter is not communicating with the gimbal on the phanton. If I move the dial It will not tilt up or down and my iPad mini there is video but cannot control the gimbal tilt. I then switch back to "basic transmitter" using the same new remote control and the dial is still not working, but now I can control the gimbal tilt on my iPad just like the original remote. I think right now without the new firmware for the new remote we only have 2 choices, first upgrade remote using the RC assistant and lose the green power light and 4 green light to monitor remain charge on the remote or don't upgrade the remote using the RC assistant like mine - dial on the new remote will not work but you still have the all the green lights. For me I would rather  be able to monitor my transmitter power / charge and still control the gimbal using my iPad rather than flying blind with red light on the remote  not knowing how much charge you have on it. Sorry for the long story right now I don't know what to do I guess we just have to wait for a new firmware update for the new controller.
2014-11-4
Use props
Gobokinetic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

jaywoodz@gmail. Posted at 2014-11-4 11:28
I got the new controller, and updated the firmware.. lost the LEDs. Now I'm terrified to fly. Not su ...

Sent To: sales@dji.com, sales.jp@dji.com, info.europe@dji.com, info@dji.com

Attention DJI
F.A.O - DJI CEO, FIRMWARE & SOFTWARE CREATORS

When the new Dji Phantom 2 v-2 2.4G was released last week I was one of the first people to notify you of a firmware fault within the new upgraded transmitter (Model NDJ6) which rolls back the preinstalled factory software to a lesser version.

As a paying customer of Dji products I am therefore entitled to a satisfactory level of customer service.

I have reported this fault to you via Email & also via the platforms of social media that you use to promote your business.

As of now I have been given no support or fix to this issue and many more new users on a daily basis are experiencing the same faults with their new NDJ6 transmitters.

Here are the facts that you dismiss and ignore…

The NDJ6 transmitter was installed with software version 1.0.1.19 from your factory

After user upgrading and calibration as listed within your user manual we the end users of this product are now left with a transmitter with led faults and software down graded to version 1.0.1.12

After many messages & posted threads on the Dji website there is still no resolve to this fault.

Your staff for example DJI BLAIR & DJI SOPHIE are not trained in software development they are in fact keyboard warriors who do not pass on the information presented to them.

Here is an idea that may solve the issue we as users are expierencing

Create an update within the P2 Assistant software 3.6 with new update 1.0.1.19 which may reflash our new NDJ6 transmiters and restore them back to their original state.

The email I received yesterday from Dji Hong Kong stated the following

We here at Dji do not really know enough about this new transmitter …………

Other end users have logged complaints and have also left threads about the same faults.

Yours truly,

Austin (UK disgruntled customer )
2014-11-4
Use props
sailposum
lvl.1

Australia

This is unbelievable,I purchased a new phantom 2vision+ with the new controller.  Updated the firmware and lost LED's.   showing charge level. More interesteting to note, is I also experienced weird behaviour from the phantom when performing a "'yaw'".  Usuallly the phantom would spin around in the same spot.  Now it spins around sometimes moving in a 3 metre ark then the gps correcting and taking it back to its original spot.  This is un-acceptable for film making.  I have noticed on youtube other owners having this problem with yaw drift.  I really hope this problem is fixed soon as at the moment my brand new vision is defective straight out of the box.
2014-11-5
Use props
sailposum
lvl.1

Australia

Here is a video from another owner of the yaw drifting problem.

http://youtu.be/bBmMYj4Iqyk

http://youtu.be/bBmMYj4Iqyk

To all new phantom owners out there, this is not normal flying behaviour.  
2014-11-5
Use props
theblackcatsynd
New

Canada

Got my new 2.4 controller today, I upgraded it with the new firmware :@ ( Also did this with an Older controller for another phantom2 )  
... The new controller wont even charge now ? the light turns RED when I plug it in, I try to turn it on ... nothing ) , The older controller with double AA batteries still works, although my Phantom 2 drifts like crazy as if there is no GPS lock. Any updates on this or similar experiences? When you charge the new controller should it light up RED or GREEN?
2014-11-5
Use props
sailposum
lvl.1

Australia

theblackcatsynd  you have same problem as I do'with phantom drifting!  When you charge it should be red, when fully charged turns green.  When you have charged do you get the 4 green led lights working.  If not there is a new controller update that will fix that.

I am more concerned with the problem of phantom drifting as you said like no gps.  Tell me if yours drifts out of position while performing a yaw. (thats just rotating around)  watch my youtube link shows what i mean.  
2014-11-5
Use props
sailposum
lvl.1

Australia

Everybody there is another update only for the new contoller on rc assistant that fixes the led problem.
2014-11-5
Use props
sailposum
lvl.1

Australia

If you have problems with gimbal going up slowly with dial after the update re calibrate contoller on both rc assistant and phantom assistant.
2014-11-5
Use props
theblackcatsynd
New

Canada

sailposum@gmail Posted at 2014-11-6 12:42
theblackcatsynd  you have same problem as I do'with phantom drifting!  When you charge it should be  ...

I have updated and LED's are back on the other note , I am not experiencing any rotating, It just feels like it is in atti, it will keep drifting if i don't compensate for it.
2014-11-5
Use props
sailposum
lvl.1

Australia

You may of misunderstood me,  mine does't rotate by itself, only when I control it to do a yaw it doesnt spin around in the same position it drift away to the side then gps returns it to original position.  I also understand what you are saying yours doesn't hover in the one position like it should.  Mine also did this however never drifted completely away like it would in ALTI mode it did return slowly , what i can suggest is doing an advanced IMU calibration under tools in phantom assistant. That corrected mine a little.
2014-11-5
Use props
theblackcatsynd
New

Canada

sailposum@gmail Posted at 2014-11-6 13:38
You may of misunderstood me,  mine does't rotate by itself, only when I control it to do a yaw it do ...

Hey thanks for the reply I have done this several times now. the whole system is acting strange. I think the difference with mine is the GPS does not correct itself at all. ( we put a new gps in and still the same problem )

I went for another assessment this morning and my p2 almost took off into the clouds today. I started it up, blinking green lights, pushed up on the stick and then noticed i didn't have to anymore because it was going up all on its own. So i quickly ran under it & cut the motors and caught it. I had no control besides pushing it further up.  I think I will wait for the next update until i fly again. :S
2014-11-6
Use props
Screwed
New

United Arab Emirates

I have same problem with standard p2v+ updated software and lost everything _Are DJI gonna sort this out - well give them a couple of months and we should all be flying again- a weak inferior company - if this was Toyota and the cars had a brake problem they would all be recalled - come on DJI sort it out
2014-11-30
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Unsettling to read all this after placing my order 3 days ago for a P2V+.  Well written GoBoKinetic.  I am hoping SOMEBODY that knows their own product contacts you.
2014-12-3
Use props
mayurbpatel2000
New

India

TODAY I AM UPDATE DJI PHANTOM 2 CONTROLLER FIRMWARE VERSION 1.0.1.24. USING DJI RC SYSTEM ASSISTANT SOFTWARE V1.2.

AFTER FIRMWARE INSTALLATION I TURN ON CONTROLLER AND AFTER BEEP SOLID YELLOW LIGHT ON IN CONTROLLER.

SO I M CAN NOT START PAHNTOM MOTORS & GIMBLE CONTROL.

I TRY IN DJI RC SYSTEM ASSISTANT_1.1 & 1.2

I ASK MY FRIEND HE SAY YOU CHANGE CE MODE TO FCC MODE.  BUT IN DJI RC SYSTEM ASSISTANT I CAN NOT SEE CE AND FCC MODE.

MY FRIEND SEND VIDEO HE HAVE PHANTOM 2.  WHEN IS CONECT CONTROLLER AND OPEN DJI RC SYSTEM ASSISTANT SOFTWARE AND TURN ON CONTOLLER CE MODE & FCC MODE ENABLE.

BUT IN MY CASE CE MODE TO FCC MODE NOT ENABLE. I TRY IN 2 DIFFERENT LAPTOP AND PC.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO DOWNGRADE FIRMWARE.

SO PLEASE HELP ME.

http://youtu.be/COYazQ57LrY
2014-12-8
Use props
rare1a1
lvl.2

United States

You now need to calibrate it!!
2014-12-8
Use props
stephenbrink62
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380522 ft
South Africa

Hey Guys..this is all very interesting and mixed comments.......I have recently bought a P2v+ upgraded version & haven't unboxed it as yet...... is their anything I should do or not do when setting up the unit...any suggestions?
2014-12-13
Use props
One Wounded Dra
New

United States

Sure wish I'd seen this post before!!! Upgraded my p2v+ and lost all control of my gimble. It's dead, works fine if all you want is straight ahead shots.  Tried everything I can find/think of. I found one suggestion, re-install the old versions of software. So, how the heck do I do that?? I'm scheduled to shoot video tomorrow... oh well!!!  
2014-12-13
Use props
poyer
lvl.1

United States

Can anyone confirm that the new remote controller firmware, V1.0.2.30, is the appropriate and fully functioning firmware for the newest controller?  I know that many of you have upgraded firmware just to lose all the new features of this controller, but I believe those upgrades were to a lower level of firmware.  Has DJI finally fixed this mess?
2014-12-17
Use props
rare1a1
lvl.2

United States

Just make sure you calibrate the gimbal wheel and imu.  Works fine. P2v+ w/ upgraded tx here.
2014-12-17
Use props
attiliod
lvl.1

United States

DJI does not care about it's customers. To not remove the update from the website shows how much they care. I still have received no reply.
I lost gimble control after the update. Wish I had know.
DJI make your customers right.
I purchased from B& H Photo. I have not flown once. Wife tossed out the box so a return can;t be made. WASTE of money so far.
2015-1-9
Use props
jcolip1985
New

Guam

I have the newest controller (gimbal wheel on top) and did the upgrade long before finding this thread. I have uninstalled/installed the RC and DJI Assistant programs over and over again. I have also done the same with the drivers. My controller displays NO LED lights when powered on and will not connect to the P2 that I have.

I also keep seeing that V1.0.2.30 but my PC won't recognize my controller for nay upgrade...to top it off I can't even find the V1.0.2.30 version anywhere.

Please help! I have scoured the forums and really don't know where to go. I have only had this P2 for about 2 weeks.
2015-5-3
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

DJI are takers not givers. They are too busy trying to come up with whizz bang products (P3) instead of sorting out the mess with the P2's. They do not care while there are suckers like us consuming their products.

In life there are always regrets and for me despite not losing or crashing my P2 yet I have seen enough on this forum to know it's just a matter of time.

Yug
2015-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules