Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FPV Camera not displaying
6375 17 2018-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans314a4d15
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9902 ft
United States

After recent firmware and software updates I can no longer view the FPV camera on my Inspire 2. I can tilt the FPV camera up and down via the controller and I can see and control the main camera normally. We have 2 standard Inspire 2 controllers and 2 Crystal Sky monitors.

Here is the version of software that I am using which is the same for both controllers and crystal sky's:
firmware.jpg

Here is the screen on the flight controller with the FPV off:
fpv-off.jpg

Here is the screen after I turn the FPV on. You can see the compass for the main camera appear and a reticle appears in the center of the display. But I am unable to view the FPV camera video
fpv.jpg

I have tried resetting the Inspire 2 settings, many different camera options on the controller, and reapplying the firmwares. Has anyone encoutered this issue before? Or am I just missing something.

Thank you!
2018-7-25
Use props
fans314a4d15
lvl.1
United States

I forgot to also mention I have tried connecting several different tablets and my personal cell phone and they all appear to operate the same as pictured above. When I activate the FPV camera view it only shows the compass and no FPV video
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you try to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2?
2018-7-26
Use props
scitdrone
lvl.1
United States

Already done! I tried refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 with the same result. No FPV view.

So I took the additonal step of downgrading the firmware to the previous version, then upgrading it again. Still the same, no FPV view.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

scitdrone Posted at 2018-7-26 04:23
Already done! I tried refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 with the same result. No FPV view.

So I took the additonal step of downgrading the firmware to the previous version, then upgrading it again. Still the same, no FPV view.

Sorry for the late response. We will forward this issue to our engineers. We'll keep you updated.
2018-7-29
Use props
Geronimo13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 529721 ft
France

I am in the same boat here.I am just upgrading firmware with latest release v01.02.0300. dated 16-11-2018
Now the FPV does not display any video stream. The rest is working well (orientation).

I do NOT used CrystalSky, I am running GDJI Go 4.3.4 App on Samsung Tab.

I have launched downgrading with DJI Assistant 2 to check if the FPV is working back. But no change.
20181124_091235.jpg

How  your issue was solved ?

2018-11-24
Use props
EirikurRaudi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108438 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone solved this yet? I now have the same issue... and I replaced the camera thinking it was a fault of the sensor.
2019-1-11
Use props
EirikurRaudi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108438 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-29 05:35
Sorry for the late response. We will forward this issue to our engineers. We'll keep you updated.

Any update?
2019-1-11
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting, this is a new one. Good luck getting it resolved.
I assume the FPV cam worked fine with previous firmware? Which version did you upgrade to v300 from?
2019-1-12
Use props
fans8b3aa115
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1560620 ft
United States

I am having the same issues, I can use Active camera track as I cant see where I am flying. Did anyone resolve this issue ?
2019-6-24
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans8b3aa115 Posted at 6-24 11:40
I am having the same issues, I can use Active camera track as I cant see where I am flying. Did anyone resolve this issue ?

What do you mean by "I can't see where I'm flying"? You must see your UAV by the rule of VLOS, don't you? You still have video feed from main camera, aren't you? You have red arrow display on compass? You have map display? Bottom line: FPV camera view on Inspire 2 is of very limited use, perhaps a bit helpful in twin RC operation. There's many other tools in Go4 app to achieve successful navigation even with aircraft beyond VLOS.
2019-6-24
Use props
Hamptons House
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1560620 ft
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-24 12:48
What do you mean by "I can't see where I'm flying"? You must see your UAV by the rule of VLOS, don't you? You still have video feed from main camera, aren't you? You have red arrow display on compass? You have map display? Bottom line: FPV camera view on Inspire 2 is of very limited use, perhaps a bit helpful in twin RC operation. There's many other tools in Go4 app to achieve successful navigation even with aircraft beyond VLOS.

I take it you don't use active track, or you are just trying to be confrontational. When using active track, the main camera tracks the subject, does it not ?  So then its good to see what is coming towards the drone in the front. And yes, I keep a visual on the drone, but when flying in close proximity to trees and buildings, having the FPV is a must. So back to using an iPad, going to return this brick of a screen back to DJI
2019-6-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hamptons House Posted at 6-25 11:44
I take it you don't use active track, or you are just trying to be confrontational. When using active track, the main camera tracks the subject, does it not ?  So then its good to see what is coming towards the drone in the front. And yes, I keep a visual on the drone, but when flying in close proximity to trees and buildings, having the FPV is a must. So back to using an iPad, going to return this brick of a screen back to DJI

Oh, I see ... Small typo in your post (I can/I can not use ...) caused my confusion. Indeed, FPV may be helpful in such scenario, assuming you're not in close proximity.
2019-6-25
Use props
rpossumgmail.com
lvl.2
Costa Rica

Same issue
Has this been solved?
2021-11-19
Use props
easydys
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25361 ft
Australia

Same Issue - Inspire 2 - all firmware up to date.

Exactly the same as OP. FPV Camera shows as the frame with only the crosshairs / compass.

Is there a solution here DJI?

2023-3-14
Use props
Attila_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26468445 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

I have the exact same problem. Is there any solution to fix it?

2023-5-15
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2019-6-24 12:48
What do you mean by "I can't see where I'm flying"? You must see your UAV by the rule of VLOS, don't you? You still have video feed from main camera, aren't you? You have red arrow display on compass? You have map display? Bottom line: FPV camera view on Inspire 2 is of very limited use, perhaps a bit helpful in twin RC operation. There's many other tools in Go4 app to achieve successful navigation even with aircraft beyond VLOS.

I know this is an old thread but I am experiencing a failing FPV cam so I ended up here.

May I suggest that your comment is really useless? The original poster asks what to do to regain his FPV camera image. There is no point in writing how useless the FPV cam is or suggesting that the original poster does not know VLOS rules; we do not know her or his situation and we do not know where he flies.

When I find the answer to the original poster's question, I will post it here!
2023-9-17
Use props
djiuser_M4L1KYlRgoIl
New

United Kingdom

Mine the same was working until I did the vision sensor calibration now nothing from the fpv
4-8 07:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules