Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Purpose of Phantom 3 USB slot
10995 12 2015-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sofagbem
lvl.2

United States

What exactly is the function of the USB slot on the Phantom 3 body?
2015-5-22
Use props
mike
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can transfer photos/data between the memory card and your computer. Some people use it to copy the firmware to their memory card.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-5-22
Use props
sofagbem
lvl.2

United States

I am referring to the Phantom body USB slot that was used on earlier Phantoms to update firmware.
2015-5-22
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

sofagbem Posted at 2015-5-23 11:59
I am referring to the Phantom body USB slot that was used on earlier Phantoms to update firmware.

Yes what Mike said
2015-5-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can use it to access the Flight Data Logs on the P3.  
2015-5-22
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

You and Mike are referring to a different USB slot. The USB slot on the gimbal is used to transfer photos and video to your PC/Mac. It is also used for firmware updates.

The "other" USB port is on the front of the craft - under a little rubberized flap. At the moment, it is used only to capture flight log data. That flight log data can apparently only be read by DJI at the moment.
2015-5-23
Use props
sofagbem
lvl.2

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-23 19:14
You and Mike are referring to a different USB slot. The USB slot on the gimbal is used to transfer ...

Thank you.

I wonder why it was not used to update firmware and avoid the gymnastics of microSD insert and remove.
2015-5-23
Use props
Total
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

Now I never remove the sd card , just connect to the computer with the usb on the camera .  Connect the cable then power on the P3 .  A folder will open up in My computer ..
2015-5-23
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

sofagbem Posted at 2015-5-24 10:31
Thank you.

I wonder why it was not used to update firmware and avoid the gymnastics of microSD in ...

Opps you are correct. I forgot about that one on the body. Sorry for any confusion...!
2015-5-24
Use props
Vaupell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198392 ft
Denmark

Was wondering if i can hook something up that can be controlled from my controller, maybe a FPV cam, looking forward, while my main cam is fliming downward.

I always fly within "visual range" but i often photograph VERY close to objects, and often find my self moving around a lot instead of flying,
just to see if i can get closer etc. because the camera is pointing downward.  So i really consider "Retrofitting" my P3P with a FPV cam, and adding a
small lcd screen on my controller for that.  

Kinda hoping i could utilize that extra USB port in some manor ;)
2015-7-11
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

There are two USB ports on the Phantom 3.  

1. The USB port on the camera is used to transfer video files.

2. The Port on the body of the Phantom 3 is used to access the flight data recorder.  it is very helpful after a flight or crash to diagnose what went wrong.
2015-7-11
Use props
Isaac
New

United States

I am using a Mac, when I plug in the "Body" USB to my computer no driver shows up?  I did have a "Home" return failure to where I had to fight the craft back and had to crash it, so I would be very interested to see where it thought it was supposed to go...
2015-8-19
Use props
Chad America
lvl.1

United States

digitaldave Posted at 2015-5-22 20:51
Yes what Mike said

Yes, what aburkefl@gmail.com said
2023-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now