Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Frustrated and crying
12Next >
1837 41 2018-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charliejspark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 286654 ft
United Kingdom

I used to be able to see something worth filming, grab my Spark load up and take the shots - never a problem.
Ever since the firmware update I can not get the Spark/RC/Device to work and never the same problem.
It all used to work on 4.2.16 but even now if I go back to it I have no certainty that when I take off the whole thing will work. Signal Loss, aircarft disconnected, video lag, video frag, showing 97% battery when battery indicaor at 1 LED and so on.
I loved my Spark and the ease with which I could grab it: launch and take pictures - all that has now gone and I am so sad.........

2018-7-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Connect to the PC via the DJI Assistant 2.0 and rollback the Firmware mate.

Start with the Remote, then the Spark. Do some test flights.

2018-7-25
Use props
Locationscout_Bavaria
Captain
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

today i downgraded from 4.2.21 to 4.1.15 (Android) Firmware I went back from 1000 to 800, before I was 3/4 year on 701. Now I am really happy again and back in business.
2018-7-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Locationscout_Bavaria Posted at 2018-7-25 10:56
today i downgraded from 4.2.21 to 4.1.15 (Android) Now I am really happy again and back in business.

Also consider what LSB told You. He knows what he is saying. Big Friend of Mine !

Versions v4.1.15 is the most stable out there for Android.
2018-7-25
Use props
Nate The Great
lvl.1

I thought it would not let you fly unless you update the firmware?
2018-7-25
Use props
Locationscout_Bavaria
Captain
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-25 10:56

---->     
2018-7-25
Use props
Charliejspark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks everybody.  Will try and go back both firmware and DJI once my eyes have finished crying.  But will DJI still support a user on old versions in the event of a fly away?
2018-7-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Charliejspark Posted at 2018-7-25 13:20
Thanks everybody.  Will try and go back both firmware and DJI once my eyes have finished crying.  But will DJI still support a user on old versions in the event of a fly away?

Don't be afraid of Fly Aways Mate, just keep it in Visual Line of Sight, and when in doubt LAND IT asap.

You will be Safe. The Important thing is that you don't use 3rd Party Programs and you send the Flight Logs just in case something happens.

I am waiting for my Guarantee to get expired so that I will start using other Programs. You just have 1 year Guarantee, don't be afraid from the Posts you read here, its just a few percent of people having trouble. Also learn about ATTI MODE to avoid so called 'Fly Aways', most accidents are never fly away , DJI makes really good Drones, so stop being Afraid. Every Sports and Hobby has risks, its part of the Game, but try to be Optimistic ! You will do GREAT I am sure !

When you have Time read my Post - https://forum.dji.com/thread-151297-1-1.html

Its Long, first see the videos to learn more on Errors, then see the Preflight Checklist and how to Check Compass etc... All in the Post.

Cheer Up Buddy !

2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, you can try to use our DJI Assistant 2 like DMX mentioned, however, it's only for aircraft, I would suggest downloading the application, restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft then reboot the aircraft and re-link it with RC. You can try also using an OTG cable to see if there will be changes. Thank you.
2018-7-25
Use props
stuka75
First Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

So the rc can only be updated/downgraded via wifi? If so, how do you downgrade the rc firmware?
Thanks
2018-7-25
Use props
spookster
Captain
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

in the main screen of the dji go 4 app hold the three bars on the top right.
2018-7-25
Use props
Charliejspark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-25 16:04
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, you can try to use our DJI Assistant 2 like DMX mentioned, however, it's only for aircraft, I would suggest downloading the application, restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft then reboot the aircraft and re-link it with RC. You can try also using an OTG cable to see if there will be changes. Thank you.

Thanks - devoting today to trying to sort it out.  I DO use an OTG cable which worked brilliantly before with 4.2.16!
2018-7-26
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.4

Nate The Great Posted at 2018-7-25 10:58
I thought it would not let you fly unless you update the firmware?

Only if it knows there's new firmware available.  I have a dedicated iPad Mini I use for my flying and I keep it always on airplane mode and disconnected from the internet so it remains ignorant of firmware updates and I can avoid all these problems until they get the software issues sorted.
2018-7-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
United States

Locationscout_Bavaria Posted at 2018-7-25 10:56
today i downgraded from 4.2.21 to 4.1.15 (Android) Firmware I went back from 1000 to 800, before I was 3/4 year on 701. Now I am really happy again and back in business.

And the RC is still on the new fw and working good and with otg?
;-)
2018-7-26
Use props
Charliejspark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-25 15:19
Don't be afraid of Fly Aways Mate, just keep it in Visual Line of Sight, and when in doubt LAND IT asap.

You will be Safe. The Important thing is that you don't use 3rd Party Programs and you send the Flight Logs just in case something happens.

Thanks - I have actually viewed some of your vids before.  All very helpful and have used your pre-check list most times (have it laminated and  in the bag!)
2018-7-26
Use props
pmshop
Captain
Flight distance : 7881391 ft
  • >>>

Why are we going backwards?
OP mentioned he upgraded firmware but was on DJI GO 4 app ver 4.2.16
Upgrade the app to 4.2.21, use OTG and there you go!
More good reports out there than bad when ALL three have been updated - AC, RC and App
2018-7-26
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Charliejspark Posted at 2018-7-26 03:11
Thanks - I have actually viewed some of your vids before.  All very helpful and have used your pre-check list most times (have it laminated and  in the bag!)

Being Informed are Prepared is the Best Way !

Thank you Charlie.
2018-7-26
Use props
js349
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3671 ft
United States

BrandonW77 Posted at 2018-7-26 03:07
Only if it knows there's new firmware available.  I have a dedicated iPad Mini I use for my flying and I keep it always on airplane mode and disconnected from the internet so it remains ignorant of firmware updates and I can avoid all these problems until they get the software issues sorted.

Exactly! In case none of you suffered through the Phantom update issue, it grounded people for months while DJI sorted out the issue mainly because they removed the possibility of going back to the previous firmware. There is an active thread in the forums now where people say this update bricked their RC - https://forum.dji.com/thread-157776-3-1.html. I work in IT and when any updates are released, we wait at least 3 months to install them unless they are fixing a known issue that is affecting the business. I prefer the leading edge to the bleeding edge.
2018-7-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

pmshop Posted at 2018-7-26 03:15
Why are we going backwards?
OP mentioned he upgraded firmware but was on DJI GO 4 app ver 4.2.16
Upgrade the app to 4.2.21, use OTG and there you go!

Android!

I did the update today, mainly for trying on your other project, 'cause I had a disconnect in that app, but full videostream and other stuff, just no functions!
So I will try 2morrow, hopefully, how the latest fw. AC, fw. RC and app version is playing ball with me.
As DJI assistant 2 is offering downloads till .701, and I still have another and still old fw RC at hand, I thought I can do that for testing.
"Funny story", the RC update failed several times , with connection loss to AC (Why need the AC connected to the RC for a RC fw. update, please?), LED red quick blinking, stopping, ..., ....
I just wanted to give up but thought; wtf, try the cable.
I needed to rerstart the app, the RC, the bird, needed to connect the phone first to the RC, after "connected" started the AC and:
beep, beep, beepbeep for some minutes: updated

So check on that 2morrow, I hope
2018-7-26
Use props
Charliejspark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-26 03:19
Being Informed are Prepared is the Best Way !

Thank you Charlie.

Nearly felt like killing myself :-) but thank heavens I am retired and do know quite a bit about computer related matters!
After 5/6 hours of solid uploading/downloading/factory resets et al I think I have two  working set ups.

The AC and RC are on the latest firmware.  I tried downgrading and going  back to 4.1.15 but that was a disaster.

My phone is using OTG and 4.2.21.
Touch wood on the short trial flights all is now working well.

My Samsung 10.1 tablet is still a little iffy but workable with OTG NOT WiFi . I am using a new cable. .  I have It  running  DJI Go 4.2.16 it does not like 4.2.21. The occasional video frag and lag but  most of the commands working for now..  I think that DJI Go and Android 5.1.1 do not mix. Am thinking of getting a new tablet - any recommendations?

Thank you everyone for your input - now of to give my Sparky a proper run out.
2018-7-26
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Charliejspark Posted at 2018-7-26 06:21
Nearly felt like killing myself :-) but thank heavens I am retired and do know quite a bit about computer related matters!
After 5/6 hours of solid uploading/downloading/factory resets et al I think I have two  working set ups.

Goodluck on the Flight Buddy !
2018-7-26
Use props
pmshop
Captain
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-26 05:07
Android!

I did the update today, mainly for trying on your other project, 'cause I had a disconnect in that app, but full videostream and other stuff, just no functions!

Yes I understand Android but that was before 4.2.21 app, 0.1000 AC and 0.0600 RC

Like I said, very few bad reports with that trio unless the Android mobile device is older
OP had 4.2.16 - missing 1/3 of the trio
2018-7-26
Use props
pmshop
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Charliejspark Posted at 2018-7-26 06:21

iPad Mini 4
2018-7-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

pmshop Posted at 2018-7-26 07:20
Yes I understand Android but that was before 4.2.21 app, 0.1000 AC and 0.0600 RC

Like I said, very few bad reports with that trio unless the Android mobile device is older

Sorry, I was trying to do a android Tag here!

About  my experience with the update and such.
2018-7-26
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Sorry for your frustration and experience.  Have you tried to roll back to the working version.  Use DJI Assistance software it might work for you
2018-7-26
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Canada

Charliejspark Posted at 2018-7-25 13:20
Thanks everybody.  Will try and go back both firmware and DJI once my eyes have finished crying.  But will DJI still support a user on old versions in the event of a fly away?

fly within line of sight, follow all regulations and all should work it's self out.  cheers
2018-7-26
Use props
Charliejspark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I tried my wife's Ipad mini 4 but when trying to download DJI Go it says not comparable!  Am I doing something wrong not being an Apple man!
2018-7-26
Use props
warubikku
Captain
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-25 10:58
Also consider what LSB told You. He knows what he is saying. Big Friend of Mine !

Versions v4.1.15 is the most stable out there for Android.

Upvoted this, been on it since november of 2017...
2018-7-26
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

warubikku Posted at 2018-7-26 09:30
Upvoted this, been on it since november of 2017...

What version are you on now ?
2018-7-26
Use props
warubikku
Captain
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-26 09:36
What version are you on now ?

4.1.15, I meant that's what i was upvoting >

I use an old galaxy S5 that i had laying around though, as a dedicated device, no aps but the go4 on it, and always fly in airplane mode, i seriously believe that helps somehow.
2018-7-26
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

warubikku Posted at 2018-7-26 09:44

I use an old galaxy S5 that i had laying around though, as a dedicated device, no aps but the go4 on it, and always fly in airplane mode, i seriously believe that helps somehow.

Sorry my mistake, I misunderstood you. Great Suggestion Mate.

2018-7-26
Use props
pmshop
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Charliejspark Posted at 2018-7-26 09:03
I tried my wife's Ipad mini 4 but when trying to download DJI Go it says not comparable!  Am I doing something wrong not being an Apple man!

That should work.
Are you getting it through the Apple App store?
There is Google Play for Android and App Store for iOS
2018-7-26
Use props
Charliejspark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

pmshop Posted at 2018-7-26 09:59
That should work.
Are you getting it through the Apple App store?
There is Google Play for Android and App Store for iOS

Yup it was the Apple Store .  
2018-7-26
Use props
Charliejspark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

warubikku Posted at 2018-7-26 09:44

I use an old galaxy S5 that i had laying around though, as a dedicated device, no aps but the go4 on it, and always fly in airplane mode, i seriously believe that helps somehow.

Interesting.  I downgraded the firmware as suggested and went to 4.1.15. But it kept telling me to update my firmware before flying.
My problem is, because of my age and eyesight ,I generally need a bigger screen. So in low light I use my Samsung S7, works well on all the latest firmware and DJI Go. But like you my Tablet is quite old running on Android 5.1.1 and this does not like the new upgrades. Nor does it like the new firmware with 4.1.15.
Its a bore but for the moment I shall soldier on but keep a look out for a new compatible tablet.
2018-7-26
Use props
warubikku
Captain
United States

Charliejspark Posted at 2018-7-26 11:29
Interesting.  I downgraded the firmware as suggested and went to 4.1.15. But it kept telling me to update my firmware before flying.
My problem is, because of my age and eyesight ,I generally need a bigger screen. So in low light I use my Samsung S7, works well on all the latest firmware and DJI Go. But like you my Tablet is quite old running on Android 5.1.1 and this does not like the new upgrades. Nor does it like the new firmware with 4.1.15.
Its a bore but for the moment I shall soldier on but keep a look out for a new compatible tablet.

Ah the firmware it is referring to before flying, is not the ap on your phone, it's the firmware in the spark or the controller, go ahead and update that, i did and have no issues at all.
Just keep your phone ap on whatever one you want.

2018-7-26
Use props
Nate The Great
lvl.1

United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-25 10:56

How do you connect the remote or the spark? I downloaded the assistant and plugged it in and started it up. shows a picture of a computer and USB. Nothing happens.
2018-7-26
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Nate The Great Posted at 2018-7-26 15:05
How do you connect the remote or the spark? I downloaded the assistant and plugged it in and started it up. shows a picture of a computer and USB. Nothing happens.

Have a look here Mate -

2018-7-27
Use props
Charliejspark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-7-26 07:53
fly within line of sight, follow all regulations and all should work it's self out.  cheers

Good call. always fly within line of sight.  I think I have cracked most of the problems.  See earlier posts!
2018-7-27
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Canada

Charliejspark Posted at 2018-7-27 06:10
Good call. always fly within line of sight.  I think I have cracked most of the problems.  See earlier posts!

glad to hear you are getting closer to fixing all your problems.  The end is near LOL
2018-7-27
Use props
graywoulf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91033 ft
United States

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-7-26 07:53

Flying LOS for me means no further than a hundred feet in any direction.
2018-7-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules