Botallack mine, Cornwall, UK
878 16 2018-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
strixaluco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463461 ft
United Kingdom

Footage taken from my DJI Spark on 22.07.18 at Botallack mine, St. Just, Cornwall, UK. For info look here: http://www.cornishmineimages.co.uk/botallack-mine/

2018-7-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Very nice Video ! Very Details and Sharp ! Those Towers on the Cliffs are Wonderful. Welldone.

Though I notice a lot of Stuttering Video from 1min05, when Panning ? Why is this happening ?

2018-7-25
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

i can't see it
2018-7-25
Use props
strixaluco
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi, sorry you can't see it. I tried the link now it starts normally. Do you want to try again?
2018-7-25
Use props
strixaluco
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-25 13:03
Very nice Video ! Very Details and Sharp ! Those Towers on the Cliffs are Wonderful. Welldone.

Though I notice a lot of Stuttering Video from 1min05, when Panning ? Why is this happening ?

Hi DMX, yes you're right, from min. 1.05 it's a bit stuttering. I use I-Movie to assemble the footage and what you see is in normal original speed. I tried slow-Auto and it is a little less stuttering. I may try and amend just the last bit and replace the whole footage in the next few days.
But it's not the Spark's fault, or the software's: it's me.
When I yaw I have to do it very slowly and gently, even better in Tripod mode.
2018-7-25
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
United States

nice video!

2018-7-26
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130768 ft
United Kingdom

Nice video. Makes me nostalgic....I spent quite a bit of time around that mine and the others nearby while I was doing my mining degree a long, long time ago now!
2018-7-26
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

strixaluco Posted at 2018-7-25 16:18
Hi DMX, yes you're right, from min. 1.05 it's a bit stuttering. I use I-Movie to assemble the footage and what you see is in normal original speed. I tried slow-Auto and it is a little less stuttering. I may try and amend just the last bit and replace the whole footage in the next few days.
But it's not the Spark's fault, or the software's: it's me.
When I yaw I have to do it very slowly and gently, even better in Tripod mode.

Thanks for the Update Buddy !

I was worried that it was Spark's Fault or the Micro SD, Thanks for Clarifying this.
2018-7-26
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Lovely video,, and also a very interesting story regarding the mine,, Thanks,,
2018-7-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

well done  
2018-7-26
Use props
maddox
Captain

great video
2018-7-27
Use props
Charliejspark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286654 ft
United Kingdom

Lovely video.  Was the camera on Auto or manual.  
2018-7-27
Use props
strixaluco
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Charliejspark Posted at 2018-7-27 06:17
Lovely video.  Was the camera on Auto or manual.

It was on Auto. I generally use ND filters and manual with sunshine but it was right before dusk so I used no filters.
2018-7-27
Use props
strixaluco
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for all your encouraging comments to:
DMX_MT
dj_dread
JimFandango
Flighty
jacksonnai
maddox
Charliejspark
2018-7-27
Use props
DPJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21686 ft
United Kingdom

Myself and my wife were down near Penzance last week, but i was gutted it was too windy to fly. We found one of the air/exhaust/engine houses like the ones at the start of your video at a place called Rinsey. After seeing your great video, I might have to head there another time.
2018-7-28
Use props
strixaluco
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DPJ Posted at 2018-7-28 01:18
Myself and my wife were down near Penzance last week, but i was gutted it was too windy to fly. We found one of the air/exhaust/engine houses like the ones at the start of your video at a place called Rinsey. After seeing your great video, I might have to head there another time.

Hi DPJ, thank you for your post and for mentioning Rinsey, which I didn't know of. I will cerainly visit it.
Yes, definitely Cornwall offers plenty of opportunities to take videos of many amazing places, including mines. Alongside Botallack, also visit Wheal Coates, near St. Agnes.
If you like Cornish mines/engine houses along the coast then you may also like this taken with my P3Pro

Have safe flights!
2018-7-28
Use props
DPJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21686 ft
United Kingdom

Rinsey is just along from Penzance. If you head for Praa Sands but keep going, it's not far up from there. Hope this helps a little
2018-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules