IMU problems after a crash
1308 3 2018-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb838c710
New
Norway

So I managed to crash my DJI spark into a couple of bushes and I thought that some motor broke since i got the message: ”motor obstructed”
After some googlin’ and reading I realized it might be the IMU that got a bit beaten up?
When I look at my settings the drone says that the IMU is normal but maybe it is as besten up as the actual IMU?
The thing is when i try to take off, only the left side of the drone goes up for hoovering while the other side really can’t get it up in the air, and that aborts the take off.
Anyone know what the problem may be?
Can i maybe fix it my self?
I don’t have any experience from drones so I can’t do anything really advanced.
Do u guys think it is an engine problem or something else?

Thank you
/ Christian
2018-7-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Maybe the motors got overheated with the stress among the twigs of the bushes.

Most probably you need to replace the Right Motors. Are all the Propellers spinning or just the left side Props / Motors are working ?
2018-7-25
Use props
fansb838c710
New
Norway

Might be so. the left side motors are working but the right side wont make it go up in the air.
All the propellers are working fine.
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry about what happened on your aircraft, if you already calibrated the IMU and if the issue will persist. I strongly advise sending it into our repair facility for a further evaluation as we are not recommending our customers to fix their drones because it will affect to the warrant of your aircraft. Kindly see the link below.

www.dji.com/service
2018-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules