I blew it
972 14 2018-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse0af0dab
lvl.2
United States

I really thought I was a smart alec because every landing with a Mavic Air is so easy.  At the beach, I landed perfectly, but did not realize a wave was sneaking up on me (my back to the ocean).  Covered my drone with salt water.  I got home and blew it out, and tried to start it, knowing it wouldn't be ok.

My question:  When I get my new one on Friday, am I going to be able to plug it in to my old remote, and fly it as though nothing every happened? will I have to re-install the DJI App on my phone?  What will I have to do to get flying again?
2018-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes you should be able to pair with old RC.
Can I ask why you didn’t send for repair, I have seen others get them repaired,
2018-7-25
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

2018-7-25
Use props
fanse0af0dab
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-25 13:57
Yes you should be able to pair with old RC.
Can I ask why you didn’t send for repair, I have seen others get them repaired,

um...because I thought I knew everything, and I was in a hurry to get flying.  My bad, for sure.
2018-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fanse0af0dab Posted at 2018-7-25 14:00
um...because I thought I knew everything, and I was in a hurry to get flying.  My bad, for sure.

Well you can always send it in now get a quote, it won’t cost anything to ship it back for repair and they won’t do the repair if you are not happy with the quote, so it still might be worth sending in.
Hope you have better luck with your new one.
2018-7-25
Use props
fanse0af0dab
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-25 14:05
Well you can always send it in now get a quote, it won’t cost anything to ship it back for repair and they won’t do the repair if you are not happy with the quote, so it still might be worth sending in.
Hope you have better luck with your new one.

That's a thought...even though the fuselage is partly melted and lots of corrosion from salt water.  Do you have a phone number/ address handy for mailing in for repair estimate?
2018-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fanse0af0dab Posted at 2018-7-25 14:14
That's a thought...even though the fuselage is partly melted and lots of corrosion from salt water.  Do you have a phone number/ address handy for mailing in for repair estimate?

Just email djisupport they will arrange a case number for you along with organizing UPS pick up, it’s a pretty simple process usually takes 10 working days.
2018-7-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

fanse0af0dab Posted at 2018-7-25 14:14

You can also raise a support case through DJI Go 4 App', launch App' then tap on 'Me' at bottom of page, then follow support link.
2018-7-25
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Were you just able to buy just the aircraft without the RC and batteries?
2018-7-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Before the ''blew it out''; I would have dunked it several times in tap water, then distilled water.  Salt water residue - not good.
Not that it matters if you are going to Trashcan it.

2018-7-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I agree with Hedgetrimmer, run it under the tap and leave in a bag of rice a few days
2018-7-25
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

If it happens to anyone else. Get that battery out as quick as you can. Then try all the cleaning and drying methods that have been posted. Is there a way to check the battery is OK as I assume it is on all the time so it can do a 10-day countdown to discharge the power?
2018-7-26
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wait...............is that smoke coming out of it at the start of the video?
2018-7-26
Use props
fanse0af0dab
lvl.2
United States

Jinjur Posted at 2018-7-26 03:08
Wait...............is that smoke coming out of it at the start of the video?

yes, smoke.  and it even melted part of the fuselage inside.
2018-7-26
Use props
fanse0af0dab
lvl.2
United States

just for kicks, I'm sending it in for repair.  If it's not repairable, as I suspect, will the facility offer a replacement at a price that beats on-line purchase of a new unit?  I did not have the warranty, as I mentioned early.
2018-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules