Gimbal Control with New Transmitter
12Next >
15289 76 2014-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smholmes
lvl.2

United States

I just received the new transmitter for my Phantom 2 Vision +, and I can't get the gimal dial on the transmitter to work correctly. When I first turn on the Phantom, and I can tilt it up or down with the dail on the transmitter, but once I start the iPhone app, I can only control the gimbal with the onscreen controls. The dial on the transmitter doesn't work at all. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Steve

2014-11-3
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Did you update and calibrate in the Assistant software?
2014-11-3
Use props
roelperalta
lvl.1

United States

This is the same behavior when using the original transmitter. Channel 7 control (Gimbal Control) is under the unit and only works when not using Vision App.

I was expecting with the new transmitter and recent updates, you will be able to use both at the same time (Gimbal control via dial and Vision App).

Make sure everything is updated and report back.
2014-11-3
Use props
smholmes
lvl.2

United States

Everything is updated. The gimbal dial is useless to me if that is how it is supposed to work. The LEDs on the new transmitter don't work either. Hopefully these issues will be fixed in an update soon.
2014-11-3
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

smholmes@gmail. Posted at 2014-11-4 10:22
Everything is updated. The gimbal dial is useless to me if that is how it is supposed to work. The L ...

Hi Smholmes,

you can solve this problem by choosing the "Upgrade Version" in the RC tab of the latest Phantom Assistant software.
2014-11-3
Use props
smholmes
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-11-4 11:43
Hi Smholmes,

you can solve this problem by choosing the "Upgrade Version" in the RC tab of the la ...

Thanks for the tip. Works perfectly. I'm enjoying the gimbal dial now ;-)

Hopefully there will be a fix for the LEDs on the transmitter.
2014-11-3
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

smholmes@gmail. Posted at 2014-11-4 11:57

Hopefully there will b ...

Hi Smholmes,

do you mean that the four small LEDs on the transmitter are not working? Have you calibrated your RC in the RC assistant?
2014-11-3
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

smholmes@gmail. Posted at 2014-11-4 11:57

Hopefully there will b ...

Hi Smholmes,

if the four small LEDs in the transmitter does not work, our solution now is a new update in the RC assistant software. Pls update the firmware in your RC to the latest version. I hope this could solve your problem!  
2014-11-4
Use props
vega123
New

Norway

hello

is this new TX working with P2 vision
2014-11-4
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

vega123 Posted at 2014-11-4 17:56
hello

is this new TX working with P2 vision

Hi Vega123,

the new TX cannot work with P2 Vision, because the gimbal of the P2 Vision is a servo gimble, unlike the 3-axis gimbal of Vision+.
2014-11-4
Use props
Mori55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50909 ft
United States

DO NOT UP DATE NEW CONTROLLER,!  If you do the LEDs won't work. There new errors threads on this.
2014-11-4
Use props
smholmes
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-11-4 16:42
Hi Smholmes,

if the four small LEDs in the transmitter does not work, our solution now is a new u ...

This update fixed the LEDs, but it messed up the gimbal control. Before applying this update, the control of the gimbal with the dial on the new transmitter was very smooth with controllable speed. Now it is quite jerky and fast. I'd rather have no LEDs than the way the gimbal is operating now. Hopefully the next update will take care of both of these issues.
2014-11-4
Use props
drone7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51998 ft
United States

smholmes@gmail. Posted at 2014-11-4 23:39
This update fixed the LEDs, but it messed up the gimbal control. Before applying this update, the  ...

What is the new update for the new transmitter, because I just got mine and when I connected it to RC assistant software 1.1v  I was not prompted to do an upgrade. I still have all the green lights but cannot control the gimbal using the dial on the remote control. This is even after calibrating and clicking on the "new transmitter" option under "RC" on the Phantom assistant software latest 3.6v. Did i miss something.
2014-11-4
Use props
drone7
lvl.2
United States

After you lost the  green lights were you still able to control the gimbal using the dial on the new transmitter?. The reason I ask is because I just got the new transmitter 5.8Ghz for my Vision Plus yesterday, but when I connected it to the RC assistant 1.1v software I was not prompted to upgrade. I then hooked up my vision plus to the Phantom assistant software latest 3.6v using Mac 10.10 and calibrated the transmitter under the "RC" and selected the "upgrade transmitter". Everything seem to be working S1- GPS, ATTI, FAILSAFE . S2 was working too I'm in Naza M I can even start the motor using the 2 sticks. My issue is the dial on the new transmitter is not communicating with the gimbal on the phanton. If I move the dial It will not tilt up or down and my iPad mini there is video but cannot control the gimbal tilt. I then switch back to "basic transmitter" using the same new remote control and the dial is still not working, but now I can control the gimbal tilt on my iPad just like the original remote. I think right now without the new firmware for the new remote we only have 2 choices, first upgrade remote using the RC assistant and lose the green power light and 4 green light to monitor remain charge on the remote or don't upgrade the remote using the RC assistant like mine - dial on the new remote will not work but you still have the all the green lights. For me I would rather  be able to monitor my transmitter power / charge and still control the gimbal using my iPad rather than flying blind with red light on the remote  not knowing how much charge you have on it. Sorry for the long story right now I don't know what to do I guess we just have to wait for a new firmware update for the new controller.
2014-11-4
Use props
smholmes
lvl.2

United States

When I lost the green lights, I was still able to control the gimbal, and it worked very well. Now I have the green lights back, but the gimbal isn't working so well. Yes, I guess we'll have to wait for another update.
2014-11-4
Use props
drone7
lvl.2
United States

smholmes@gmail. Posted at 2014-11-5 00:20
When I lost the green lights, I was still able to control the gimbal, and it worked very well. Now I ...

I just read a posting saying a new upgrade firmware came out today for the new controller. I'll check it out  but still hesitant that I might lose the green lights.
2014-11-4
Use props
smholmes
lvl.2

United States

The new firmware that came out today is what brought back my green lights but broke the gimbal control.
2014-11-4
Use props
drone7
lvl.2
United States

smholmes@gmail. Posted at 2014-11-5 01:20
The new firmware that came out today is what brought back my green lights but broke the gimbal contr ...

That sucks! why can't we just have the green light and the dial working at the same time. Update firmware is useless after all. Maybe DJI wants us with 1st gen Vision Plus to buy the new one. I just had mine a month ago, had I known should have waited. Now I have 2 controllers both not satisfied.
2014-11-4
Use props
vega123
New

Norway

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-11-4 18:18
Hi Vega123,

the new TX cannot work with P2 Vision, because the gimbal of the P2 Vision is a servo ...

Hi

Thanks for your feedback
Actually i have the 3d taco gimbal installed, 2axis, do u think it would work with this gimbal

Cheers

2014-11-4
Use props
richardfox320
New

United Kingdom

drone7 Posted at 2014-11-4 23:57
After you lost the  green lights were you still able to control the gimbal using the dial on the new ...

I'm having the exact same issues, I'm on iMac too
2014-11-4
Use props
richardfox320
New

United Kingdom

drone7 Posted at 2014-11-4 23:57
After you lost the  green lights were you still able to control the gimbal using the dial on the new ...

I have found a away around it and its working for me now, I uninstalled all the software and reinstalled as in the assistant software and the RC software. Then re-installed it and started again, select upgrade controller on assistant software and it all seems to be working now, not touching anything else now!!
2014-11-4
Use props
drone7
lvl.2
United States

richardfox320@g Posted at 2014-11-5 06:17
I have found a away around it and its working for me now, I uninstalled all the software and reins ...

Thanks, I will try that right now. let you know what happen.
2014-11-4
Use props
richardfox320
New

United Kingdom

drone7 Posted at 2014-11-5 07:07
Thanks, I will try that right now. let you know what happen.

Good luck!
2014-11-4
Use props
drone7
lvl.2
United States

richardfox320 - Just tried what you did. uninstall RC assistant and Phantom assistant and re-install all  latest firmware and still no luck. I have Mac running os 10.10. Dial on the new 5,8 transmitter still didn't work even if I select "upgraded transmitter" on the Phantom assistant under "RC". If I select the "basic transmitter" I can control the gimbal using my iPad mini app on the screen. I tried everything already maybe I got a defective unit. I am calling DJI tomorrow. Am I missing something here? every functions on the new remote control is working except the DIAL .The only consolation I have right now is I don't have to put AA batteries in the transmitter and  knowing the status of the battery, but that is not enough to keep this for what I paid for it. I will request for exchange since I just got this yesterday. I'm glad yours is working just fine. Any insight let me know please I just spent almost the whole day trying to figure this out on my day off.
2014-11-4
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

smholmes@gmail. Posted at 2014-11-5 01:20
The new firmware that came out today is what brought back my green lights but broke the gimbal contr ...

Hi Smholmes,

Is the version of the your RC firmware, it should be 1.0.2.30? If so, pls do double check your Phantom assistant software, to see whether it is shown "Upgrade Version" or "Basic Version" in the RC tab! Pls make sure that your Tx is in "Upgrade Version".

If that does not help, then pls re-calibrate your RC and link it to the aircraft again.
2014-11-4
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

vega123 Posted at 2014-11-5 03:50
Hi

Thanks for your feedback

Hi Vega123,

as far as I have learnt, if the old Tx could work with your gimbal, then the new Tx could also work.
2014-11-4
Use props
drone7
lvl.2
United States

Yes, I have the v1.0.2.30 on the RC assistant and v3.8 on the Phantom assistant. I re-calibrated it and linked, did this several times and still DIAL on remote control didn't work. My guess is I got a defective one. I will contact DJI tomorrow. Thanks guys for the help I really appreciate it. Enjoy flying!
2014-11-4
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

drone7 Posted at 2014-11-5 10:58
Yes, I have the v1.0.2.30 on the RC assistant and v3.8 on the Phantom assistant. I re-calibrated it  ...

Hi Drone 7,

pls double check the RC tab of the Phantom assistant software and make sure that the Tx is in "upgrade version". It this does not help, then pls contact DJI service center.
2014-11-5
Use props
drone7
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-11-5 18:10
Hi Drone 7,

pls double check the RC tab of the Phantom assistant software and make sure that the  ...

Hi DJI-Jolie, yes it is in "upgrade version". I'm calling DJI later. Thanks
2014-11-5
Use props
smholmes
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-11-5 09:54
Hi Smholmes,

Is the version of the your RC firmware, it should be 1.0.2.30? If so, pls do double  ...

Tried all off this. Yes, the firmware is 1.0.2.30. It is Upgrade version in the RC tab. I have relinked and re-calibrated. I can still control the gimbal, but it is very erratic. Prior to upgrading to 1.0.2.30, the gimbal worked perfectly, but I had no green LEDs. 1.0.2.30 fixed the LEDs but broke the gimbal control. Seems like a firmware issue to me.
2014-11-5
Use props
drone7
lvl.2
United States

smholmes@gmail. Posted at 2014-11-5 23:33
Tried all off this. Yes, the firmware is 1.0.2.30. It is Upgrade version in the RC tab. I have rel ...

I just requested an exchange from DJI. Hopefully it come soon.
2014-11-5
Use props
jlarcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6827749 ft
  • >>>
United States

After doing the updates, my camera tilt is real smooth on the iPad and real jerky on the wheel.  Why is that the case?  I would have assumed the iPad would have been disabled.  Are both supposed to work?  Thank you for your help.
2014-11-5
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

smholmes@gmail. Posted at 2014-11-5 23:33
Tried all off this. Yes, the firmware is 1.0.2.30. It is Upgrade version in the RC tab. I have rel ...

Hi Smholmes,

I have discussing with my colleagues about the problem that you meet. Could you pls kindly help take a video of the jerky movement of the gimbal so that we can analyze the problem? So sorry for the inconvenience!
2014-11-5
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

jlarcher@me.com Posted at 2014-11-6 08:38
After doing the updates, my camera tilt is real smooth on the iPad and real jerky on the wheel.  Why ...

Hi Jlarcher,

what kind of Tx do you have? The old one or the new one which has a dial on the left to control the gimbal? If you have the old version, then pls choose the "Basic Version" in the RC tab of the Phantom assistant software.  
2014-11-5
Use props
jlarcher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-11-6 10:32
Hi Jlarcher,

what kind of Tx do you have? The old one or the new one which has a dial on the left ...

I have the new one with the dial on the left....
2014-11-5
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

jlarcher@me.com Posted at 2014-11-6 10:45
I have the new one with the dial on the left....

If yours are the new one, then pls choose the "upgrade version" in the RC tab of the Phantom assistant software. Any questions, feel free to contact me.
2014-11-5
Use props
jlarcher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

How do I add a video?  I have one one my phone and desktop, but I can't get it posted.
2014-11-5
Use props
smholmes
lvl.2

United States

Here is a link to a video that demonstrates the problem:

With the gimbal dial on the new transmitter, I applied very light pressure either up or down. In the video you can see a few problems:
-it moves a little bit backwards when it reaches the ends or it's range.
-despite very light pressure on the dial, the gimbal almost always moves quite fast (with random periods of slowing down)
-with no change on the direction of the gimbal dial, the gimbal occasionally complete reverses directions. It does this sometimes at the end of its range, and sometimes halfway through. You can see this happening in the second half of the video. It had a particularly hard time at around 38 seconds into the video. I did not change the pressure or direction of the gimbal dial on the transmitter here. It got "stuck" and moved back and forth.

None of this happened before upgrading to 1.0.2.30. The gimbal dial provided very smooth control of the gimbal.

I hope this is helpful in diagnosing the problem. Let me know if you need to provide me with any additional information.
2014-11-6
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

smholmes@gmail. Posted at 2014-11-6 21:47
Here is a link to a video that demonstrates the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZyIea_ylFY

Hi Smholmes,

one of my colleagues suggest that you might still try to calibrate your Tx (particularly X1, which controls gimbal) in both the Phantom assistant software and also RC software.

Thank you for your kindly understandings!
2014-11-7
Use props
smholmes
lvl.2

United States

That fixed it. Thanks.

I would note that the RC software says "This calibration function is only available for A,E,T,R channels." It does seem to also calibrate the X1 channel, though, as it wasn't until I moved the gimbal dial through its range during calibration in the RC software until it was fixed. Updating that text in the next version of the RC software might help users like me ;-)
2014-11-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules