Ronin S can't be detected on Pixel 2 XL
1558 6 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HakimSG
lvl.1
Singapore

I believe this is a recurring issue for all pixel XL users. The Ronin s app on my pixel 2 XL can't seem to detect the gimbal itself while the native phone Bluetooth can. The latter, however, doesn't seem to be able to connect with the gimbal at all.

My phone is running on Android 8.1.0 and the Ronin app is on V1.1.2(113).

Need help here please?
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi HakimSG, sorry for the troubles on connecting Ronin-S, do you have another mobile phone to have a try to make a troubleshooting? Please make sure other Bluetooth has been turned off when you connect to Ronin-S. Did you run the latest firmware?
2018-7-27
Use props
HakimSG
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-27 00:27
Hi HakimSG, sorry for the troubles on connecting Ronin-S, do you have another mobile phone to have a try to make a troubleshooting? Please make sure other Bluetooth has been turned off when you connect to Ronin-S. Did you run the latest firmware?

Apparently, my older S6 phone running on an outdated firmware can connect to the ronin S but surely I can't be expected to carry two phones around. I would still much like to connect to my main phone, pixel 2 XL.

Is there a solution to this issue?
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

HakimSG Posted at 2018-7-27 00:33
Apparently, my older S6 phone running on an outdated firmware can connect to the ronin S but surely I can't be expected to carry two phones around. I would still much like to connect to my main phone, pixel 2 XL.

Since your phone is not in the compatible list, the compatibility cannot be fully ensured, your feedback will be forwarded to our engineers for test and analysis, we will keep you updated soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-7-27
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

HakimSG Posted at 2018-7-27 00:33
Apparently, my older S6 phone running on an outdated firmware can connect to the ronin S but surely I can't be expected to carry two phones around. I would still much like to connect to my main phone, pixel 2 XL.

Have you tried with location services (GPS)  turned on?
Worked for me on my Oneplus 3T phone.
2018-7-27
Use props
HakimSG
lvl.1
Singapore

StianGel Posted at 2018-7-27 04:23
Have you tried with location services (GPS)  turned on?
Worked for me on my Oneplus 3T phone.

That actually worked! Thank you for the suggestion!
2018-7-30
Use props
Bretaulbeephoto
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-27 01:41
Since your phone is not in the compatible list, the compatibility cannot be fully ensured, your feedback will be forwarded to our engineers for test and analysis, we will keep you updated soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

I am having the same issue with a pixel about a year after this post was originally made. No evident solution has been made yet and I would love to be able to use my current phone to control the gimbal instead of having to buy a compatible phone. The iPhone iOS app has been updated this year, but the Android app was last updated in 2016
2019-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules