Stutter on Zoom
4625 21 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bogz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi

I've had the Osmo Mobile 2 for a couple of weeks now and can't seem to get to the bottom of this issue. When I zoom in and out using the controller, there is a fair amount of stuttering.
[url=https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... ZA/view?usp=sharing]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... ZA/view?usp=sharing
[/url]

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Bogz

2018-7-26
Use props
stormense8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40030 ft
Sweden

Yes, the Osmo Mobile 2 Zoom is terribly.
2018-7-26
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Yeah the zoom is a little shaky.. I'm trying to get  the hang of creating the vertigo zoom.  They should program it as a feature so that it will operate better
2018-7-26
Use props
Bogz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

STRIDE8 Posted at 2018-7-26 12:04
Yeah the zoom is a little shaky.. I'm trying to get  the hang of creating the vertigo zoom.  They should program it as a feature so that it will operate better

It needs improving. I know the quality diminishes when you zoom, but you can still get some cool effects when using it.

I'm just hoping someone has a fix or if I'm wasting my time.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience and late response. Is the firmware updated? Did you try to calibrate the gimbal?
2018-7-29
Use props
Bogz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-29 02:08
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience and late response. Is the firmware updated? Did you try to calibrate the gimbal?

My device has been calibrated and latest firmware installed but the problem is still there. Can you advise if it's possible to use the devices zoom without getting the stuttering?

Thanks
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Bogz Posted at 2018-7-30 02:05
My device has been calibrated and latest firmware installed but the problem is still there. Can you advise if it's possible to use the devices zoom without getting the stuttering?

Thanks

Thank you for the response. You may try to reinstall the application. If reinstalling still doesn't work, there's a possibility that there's a problem in the gimbal that causes that problem. Please let us know if reinstalling doesn't work.
2018-7-30
Use props
Bogz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-30 02:58
Thank you for the response. You may try to reinstall the application. If reinstalling still doesn't work, there's a possibility that there's a problem in the gimbal that causes that problem. Please let us know if reinstalling doesn't work.

So are you saying that it's possible to use the zoom on the Osmo Mobile 2 without the stuttering?
Oh, thanks for the quick response. It's really appreciated
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Bogz Posted at 2018-7-30 03:00
So are you saying that it's possible to use the zoom on the Osmo Mobile 2 without the stuttering?
Oh, thanks for the quick response. It's really appreciated

Well, it is normal and it should be for Android phones. The zoom for Android is not as smooth as the iPhone and we are trying to fix this issue. It is recommended to slow down the zoom speed in the App to decrease the jitters.
2018-7-30
Use props
Bogz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-30 05:19
Well, it is normal and it should be for Android phones. The zoom for Android is not as smooth as the iPhone and we are trying to fix this issue. It is recommended to slow down the zoom speed in the App to decrease the jitters.

Ah, okay. I'm using a Samsung S9 and have the zoom at it's slowest within app. The zoom is perfect when I control it with on the phone but that's not an ideal solution.

I'll persevere with it and hope that a fix is found soon. Really missing out on some cool shots with a stuttery zoom.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Bogz Posted at 2018-7-30 05:26
Ah, okay. I'm using a Samsung S9 and have the zoom at it's slowest within app. The zoom is perfect when I control it with on the phone but that's not an ideal solution.

I'll persevere with it and hope that a fix is found soon. Really missing out on some cool shots with a stuttery zoom.

I understand and we're very sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineers are trying their best to fix it. We'll let you know.
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_B8pqVj2SI8AH
New

Greece

Still no fix? A bit gutted as I watched lots of video reviews on gimbles before choosung snd not one mentions this stutter. Makes me wonder if they were genuine reviews or adverts.
Any idea when the fix will be out?
2018-10-28
Use props
Jekee Bryan Tan Miraflor
New

Philippines

Hi! My wife gave me an osmo mobile 2 as a gift last December and I am experiencing the same problem with my Note 8 but not on my wife's iPhone X.

Is there an update to fix the issue for android devices please?

Firmware: 2.2.0.30
App: 3.1.50
2019-2-19
Use props
djiuser_liWIZ7is5AL9
New

United States

I just bought a Osmo mobile2, having the same problem with the zoom. the version 3.1.5 is installed. Can't update firmware... Problem still not solved and  the website  says the  dolly zoom and vertigo effect ... Not with tia terrible zoom...
2019-3-14
Use props
chichi4
New
Denmark

Hello, has this issue been solved? The jitter during zoom function is very annoying and does not do justice to Osmo Mobil 2. I hope there are Android updates soon.
2019-5-29
Use props
soheilkho
lvl.1
Canada

i have samsung s8
zoom with osmo mobile 2 is terrible
any fix yet?
2019-7-23
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I guess another area where the Osmo can be improved upon...
2019-7-23
Use props
djiuser_2LSjYHW6B9Ls
New

United Kingdom

Does anyone have a workaround for this? I recently bought osmo mobile 2 and love it, but with my samsung galaxy the zoom function is unusable on the osmo, which sucks for making videos.
2019-8-8
Use props
djiuser_O8WmoanJlROk
New

No response from DJI in over a year.....do you care that this product doesn't work with Android phones, or not really since you've launched a new OSMO?
2019-10-10
Use props
fanse0e6fa8c
New
Australia

Same issue here. Anyone from DJI team following this thread? Will there be a solution in a timely manner?

It would be great to see some proper engineering solutions, roadmap, and timelines on this. Asking customers to check the firmware version and turning on and off the gimble is not a real solution to what your developers properly already knew before launching this.
2019-10-24
Use props
djiuser_aby055YGMeFR
New
United Kingdom

Hi,

Just purchased a DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Using Galaxy S10 Plus.

Stuttery zoom. Impossible to make Dolly shots.

Quite dissapoitnted as I did a lot of research as to which gimble to buy.

Anybody have a solution?

Cheers
2019-12-1
Use props
quietroads
New
Flight distance : 4383 ft
Canada

Add my name to the list. Updated the firmware, ensured the latest software. Turned off and on both phone and gimbal. Galaxy/Samsung owners have the pleasure of crappy zoom from the OSMO 3. Enjoy. It turns out to be a special feature not listed in the product description.
2020-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules