Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro Aerodynamic 9455S propellers!
2804 20 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dadams69
First Officer
Flight distance : 1509150 ft

United States

So yesterday I picked up a set of the new Phantom Pro propellers from Best Buy and last night wanted to test them out on my Phantom 4. I have to say wow! I was very impressed with their performance, I was expecting them to be quieter and I guess they were slightly, but it was the flight performance that was so impressive!

I took two flights last night with 2 fully charged batteries. Firstly, my previous cruising speed in P-mode was 22 mph but with the new blades this has increased to 24 mph. The other very noticeable benefit was Flight Time, previous flights have usually been 18 to 20 minutes and maximum of 21 minutes. With the new blades my flight time increased to 23 minutes with light to moderate winds as with most of my flights from my home location. At 23 minutes when I landed there was still 17% battery left so still some time in the air available. Lastly distance, on my 23-minute flight the total flight distance was 34'607 feet beating my previous top distance of 34'256 which was on a dead calm day and performed a landing for critical battery level safely in my 15 acres back yard at the original home point as I wanted to test the craft and what happened when the landing was forced.

Has anyone else tested the blades on their Phantom 4 standard? Today I plan on checking the performance in sports mode weather permitting.

2018-7-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sounds like you are very thorough Thanks for posting your findings.
2018-7-26
Use props
dadams69
First Officer

United States

ALABAMA, I have a question for you seeing as you have logged a substantial number of hours. The flight data here in the forum doesn’t match my DJI GO4 app. My travel distance from the app is 614,869 over 54 flights and 12 hr 10 mins of flight time. I’m also at LV21. However on the Forum my flight distance is only 187459 and LVL 2.

I have synced my flight data but don’t understand why the Forum data has not updated. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
2018-7-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Admins:  Can this be checked out?   The Level should be the same  on both.
2018-7-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

dadams69 Posted at 2018-7-26 04:47
ALABAMA, I have a question for you seeing as you have logged a substantial number of hours. The flight data here in the forum doesn’t match my DJI GO4 app. My travel distance from the app is 614,869 over 54 flights and 12 hr 10 mins of flight time. I’m also at LV21. However on the Forum my flight distance is only 187459 and LVL 2.

I have synced my flight data but don’t understand why the Forum data has not updated. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I've noticed this from time to time.
I discovered that after logging out of  the forum and then back in again, the figures updated.
Coincidence? Maybe. But it's happened a couple of times.
I don't normally login and out. But if it works.........
2018-7-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA, I have a question for you seeing as you have logged a substantial number of hours. The flight data here in the forum doesn’t match my DJI GO4 app. My travel distance from the app is 614,869 over 54 flights and 12 hr 10 mins of flight time. I’m also at LV21. However on the Forum my flight distance is only 187459 and LVL 2.

Aloha dadams,

614,869 feet is 187,459 meters.  You have got me on the LV21 though.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-7-28
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

As Cetacean say, Flight Distance here is in Meters. Lvl.2 is your forum level not your Experience Level from the App Flight data.
2018-7-28
Use props
dadams69
First Officer

United States

Cetacean, thanks for the info, yes this make sense FT/Meters! Originally coming from the UK this should have been an obvious one!! Still confused by the LVL 2 so talking to DJI support on this one.

Thanks to Blériot53, I will logout of both the DJI Forum and GO4 app and then log back in to see if there is any change.
2018-7-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>

I've just fitted a set of low-noise props to my Phantom 4 standard.  It may be imagination, but they seem a bit quieter (although the wife disagrees).  But the bird is undeniably more stable in flight. It's too early to say definitely, as only a couple of short flights have been possible so far, between rain showers.
2018-8-26
Use props
dadams69
First Officer

United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-8-26 04:12
I've just fitted a set of low-noise props to my Phantom 4 standard.  It may be imagination, but they seem a bit quieter (although the wife disagrees).  But the bird is undeniably more stable in flight. It's too early to say definitely, as only a couple of short flights have been possible so far, between rain showers.

I agree, yes they are quieter, more stable and have increase my regular flight cruising  speed by 1 to 2 mph in P Mode. I have also notices longer flight times and distances have been achieved.
2018-8-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>

dadams69 Posted at 2018-8-28 02:51
I agree, yes they are quieter, more stable and have increase my regular flight cruising  speed by 1 to 2 mph in P Mode. I have also notices longer flight times and distances have been achieved.

It's all good, then. No adverse reports. Happy happy
2018-8-28
Use props
Raimond Kollman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2173517 ft
Netherlands

I was searching for some info on these propellers and if it will be nice to have on the original Phantom 4. As I can read, it does! The noise it produces will not be less, but they help for longer and faster flights. I think I'm going to order a set!
2018-8-28
Use props
Raimond Kollman
lvl.4
Netherlands

Hmm.. my flight distance is also off compared to the meters shown in the app.

Doesn't matter, I just want to read the messages and some tips on flying! :-)

Update: after checking my personal page I saw the updated meters.. It now reflects the real flown meters. Already 64 kilometers since I bought the P4 and that is 2 weeks ago! :-)
2018-8-28
Use props
dadams69
First Officer

United States

Raimond Kollman Posted at 2018-8-28 14:18
Hmm.. my flight distance is also off compared to the meters shown in the app.

Doesn't matter, I just want to read the messages and some tips on flying! :-)

Meters to feet was my issue, my flight data on the App is in good old feet here in the USA and on the DJI website is feet!

64K for 2 weeks is some flying, I have to sync my flight data to get my new total but its going to be over 200K, those miles add up quick when you have such a capable drone with a 30 minute flight time!!
2018-8-29
Use props
Raimond Kollman
lvl.4
Netherlands

dadams69 Posted at 2018-8-29 02:08
Meters to feet was my issue, my flight data on the App is in good old feet here in the USA and on the DJI website is feet!

64K for 2 weeks is some flying, I have to sync my flight data to get my new total but its going to be over 200K, those miles add up quick when you have such a capable drone with a 30 minute flight time!!

True, this DJI drone is a lot better than the first two I had so kilometers add up really fast.

It's great to fly and film with this one, only downside is that I have a lot of video-edit to do because of these flights ;-).
2018-8-29
Use props
dadams69
First Officer

United States

Raimond Kollman Posted at 2018-8-29 06:35
True, this DJI drone is a lot better than the first two I had so kilometers add up really fast.

It's great to fly and film with this one, only downside is that I have a lot of video-edit to do because of these flights ;-).

Indeed, I have become selective on what I am shooting now, I was also looking for good editor without spending $100's a year for Photo Shop. I went with Filmora. The Lifetime is now only $59! Works well and easy to use, I can piece together Drone & GoPro footage. Just playing around with it right now but happy with the results!

Will be using the drone during hunting season here in Michigan USA to track the deer, will use that with GoPro footage from my bow or rifle and see what I can put together.
2018-8-29
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

Aren't that propelers just a nice version of the blue edge blade tech already used in helicopters?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Blue+Edge+rotor+blade
2018-8-29
Use props
tokenbrit
First Officer
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

I’ve flown with both types of props on my P4 standard and haven’t noticed any real difference in noise or performance. The Mavic low noise props are definitely quieter.
2018-8-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The noise difference is more pitch, its not as high, and there is a deffo -1db during my tests, they are still loud and when in a 10ft hover, we still have to shout to each other to be heard. I wonder how quieter they really are on the V2.0
2018-8-29
Use props
Raimond Kollman
lvl.4
Netherlands

tokenbrit Posted at 2018-8-29 14:30
I’ve flown with both types of props on my P4 standard and haven’t noticed any real difference in noise or performance. The Mavic low noise props are definitely quieter.

I did a small test with both props. The pitch of the noise-reduced propellors is better for human ears. dB doesn't seem to be affected. But at that time the speed (especially in sport-mode) was increased for +/- 5%.

2018-9-1
Use props
frandenrdennisfrantz.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4026 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have 4 Phantom 4 Pros. Both V1 and V2. The just received a new Phantom 4 V2 and it came with the new low noise 9455S quick release propellers. After I struggled to get one of the black blades on, I worked for 30 minutes trying to get it off. After much effort, I did manage to remove it without damaging the new Phantom 4 V2. I have been flying the Phantom 4 for years and I have never had trouble before. I tried the new props on my other 3 Phantom 4s and could not get them on. There is something wrong with these new propellers.
2020-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules