Mavic an Rc disconecet 3 times in 15 min
1176 30 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans94400067
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19259 ft
Denmark

Need to have some help .. !!!(new en this game)  Go out and fly with my Mavic Pro yesterday and I lost 2-3 times the connection to the drone !! First loses image on mobile and afterwards there is no signal from RC to Dronen and second time I saw my RC "Restart" In total, in panic to lose the drone, I tried RTH but nothing happened and when I finally got it home it was about 5 meters from where I had takeoff and it stood still just over 2 meters from the ground..can neither land it nor turn it off. It was as if it either did not respond to RC or ULTRA slowly ... Anyone who has an idea for the problem or possible solution ..? The drone is 3 weeks old ..and i up to date with firmvare. Thanks in advance..
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. What is the current firmware, DJI Go 4 app version and mobile device that you are using? May I know if you are receiving error message on the APP? Kindly try to restore the factory defaults and update the firmware using DJI Assistant 2. You can download the software here: (https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads). You can also refer on the video tutorial below on how to properly position you antennas.
2018-7-26
Use props
Outdoorfreak.Dk
lvl.1
Denmark

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-26 03:32
Hi there, our aopologies for the inconvenience. May I know what is the current firmware, DJI go 4 app version and mobile device that you are using? May I know if you are receiving error message on the APP?

RC i dont know(where can i se that)
Mavic Pro V01.04.0400.
Dji App v4.2.21
Phone samsung Galaxy 8+
2018-7-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

One suggestion might be to try with another cable connected from mobile to the lower full sized USB on the base of RC.
For this to work you need to unplug (or completely remove) the cable plugged into micro USB on RC.
I had found that with the grips on the RC moving about that it disturbed the 'captive' (clicked into the slide on handle) DJI mini cable, causing it to move in my iPhone lightning socket, which in turn caused disconnect reports.

Handled carefully it does work (DJI supplied cable), but my preferred option now is to use a tablet on holder connected to lower USB on RC. I've also seen suggestions that buying another DJI cable might work, but I suspect it's just the design that causes some problems.

2018-7-26
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

One thing that can influence the signal - I turn off the wifi on the phone or tablet if I'm using a wired connection.  There is no facility to do this on the RC unit. Using a Crystalsky monitor it seems to be the other way round - the disconnect happens if I turn off the wifi on the CS. Also when you start up your Mavic I find it can take a minute or two to settle down, selecting GPS sats and fixing its position - wait until it say 'home point recorded' and then just take off and hover for a minute, so that you are confident the signals are all solid. I tend to set 'precision landing' also, as it locks in the home point.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Outdoorfreak.Dk Posted at 2018-7-26 03:40
Mavic Pro V01.04.0400.
Dji App v4.2.21

Hi, I understand that your device is a Galaxy 8+. Although it is a powerful device, unfortunately, this is not yet fully compatible to run the app which some of the parameters from the older S8 has not yet included. We will coordinate this one with our engineers to have it test for developers to integrate the apps function to your device as well as different Android devices currently out in the market. I will be posting below the fully compatible list of devices. Thank you.

2018-7-26
Use props
Outdoorfreak.Dk
lvl.1
Denmark

S8 And S8+ is the same phone,the S8+ just have a bigger screen?
2018-7-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Outdoorfreak.Dk Posted at 2018-7-26 03:40
Mavic Pro V01.04.0400.
Dji App v4.2.21

"RC i dont know(where can i se that)"

Have a look in 'About' which is at the bottom of 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go 4 when Galaxy and RC are connected and powered up.

It will likely be the same as the aircraft V01.04.0400, as in the Mavic Pro series I think they try to keep the numbers the same to avoid possible confusion.
2018-7-26
Use props
djiuser_fWOtiSO2TSDY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182749 ft
Sweden

I have an Samsung galaxy S8 and I have had 3-4 "lost connection" for now specific reason mid flight. It's really turning out to be so bad I don't feel safe fly any more. I have reported this two times via the app with attached flight record but not even a reply. First time I reported I got an automated email saying I will get an answer very soon... Haven't heard anything and it was 4 weeks ago. I did my second report two day ago and not even a reply. So upset right now...
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_fWOtiSO2TSDY Posted at 2018-7-26 12:46
I have an Samsung galaxy S8 and I have had 3-4 "lost connection" for now specific reason mid flight. It's really turning out to be so bad I don't feel safe fly any more. I have reported this two times via the app with attached flight record but not even a reply. First time I reported I got an automated email saying I will get an answer very soon... Haven't heard anything and it was 4 weeks ago. I did my second report two day ago and not even a reply. So upset right now...

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, did you update the firmware of your RC and AC? did you try to switch the frequency? I would suggest re-link your RC to the AC and recalibrate the IMU as well as the compass. Please ensure that your drone is getting enough GPS signal for you to maximize the usage. Kindly keep us posted in any case you need our assistance.
2018-7-26
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

Hello..... I'm new to the Mavic as well.  I had the same issue.  I have a Samsung Note 5.  I haven't switched out the cable yet, but I have done some testing and getting pretty good results.   I've joined a  local Remote control flying club so I can have a "safe" place to fly.  

Try turning on airplane mode.  This stops some of the signals and processing used in the background that may have caused interference.  I've gone through 6 full batteries (3 each on two different occasions), and only had 1 disconnect.  The last 3 were successful.

Have a little patience and keep trying different things.  It'll work out and you'll become more comfortable flying.  I too was regretting the purchase.  I'm not loving it and getting ready to take a risk and fly out over a mountain/valley.

GOOD LUCK.

Jamey
2018-7-26
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

308Shooter Posted at 2018-7-26 18:56
Hello..... I'm new to the Mavic as well.  I had the same issue.  I have a Samsung Note 5.  I haven't switched out the cable yet, but I have done some testing and getting pretty good results.   I've joined a  local Remote control flying club so I can have a "safe" place to fly.  

Try turning on airplane mode.  This stops some of the signals and processing used in the background that may have caused interference.  I've gone through 6 full batteries (3 each on two different occasions), and only had 1 disconnect.  The last 3 were successful.

It's pretty sad when even 1 disconnect becomes acceptable.

Mavic Pro was marketed with a lot of user response and videos on YT that expressed how clean and near perfect the Mavic Pro was with Ocusync.

This app is making things worse than Wifi.

To anyone having these issues, for now, roll back the firmware to .0200 and roll back the app to 4.2.14 before all this crazy disconnects and pixelated video stuff has happened.

If DJI only wants to suggest people buy iOS or newer devices to run ONE app, they are going to get problems. Many with newer phones and the app is garbage. It's all over GO Play Store and other forums, Facebook sites as well.

Your choices for now:

Use the app and deal with disconnects, bad video feed
Buy an iPad Pro (even the mini4 so highly recommended is failing)  Yeah right spend another $700 to fly a drone?
Use older firmware and apps that worked great before the App started falling apart.
Seek other co's that better support Android.

This issue with the Go4 app has been ongoing for several months. No fixes yet. Roll back the app to 4.2.16 (or 4.2.14), that fixes some of the feed issues, and roll back the firmware to .0200. It seems to work best for now anyway.

We have had just over 100 DJI drone flyers in our local RC club here. So many have watched the app just turn happy flights to ruins.  Some have sold the DJI gear and looked elsewhere.  Guys that recently bought MP and MA's have returned them for refunds rather than buying new phones or tablets. I'm sure the club will be seeing more competitor products flying our fields soon.
2018-7-26
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

Are you certain the RC disconnects from the Mavic or does the app get disconnected.
"Aircraft Disconnected" is usually on the APP when it crashes. It will report similar if the RC is off.

Most of the time, it's the app. If you look at the RC the MP and RC are probably still connected. All your flight data will still be there, height, distance, battery life, GPS, etc. IF all those crash, the MP should then auto RTH. When the APP crashes, it won't because the RC is still connected.

You can do one of two things here:

Hold down the RTH button on the RC until the RTH sequence is activated. You must long press for a few seconds. If your home point was properly updated, the MP should return very close to where the home point was set.

Option two- using the displayed data on the RC, try to get the MP back flying without the app. This is better for experienced pilots.

Mavic Pro at one point had connectivity that was second to none, and even better than Lightbridge used on very high end products.  Not so much the same can be said for it with recent app and firmware updates.
2018-7-26
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-26 21:13
Are you certain the RC disconnects from the Mavic or does the app get disconnected.
"Aircraft Disconnected" is usually on the APP when it crashes. It will report similar if the RC is off.

You are right... It's very sad the App seems to be this issue and there are more, and should be, than on OS that should be able to operate the app without fail.  Particularly for the price we are all paying for a product that seems to be failing more with each update.

I have had both the RC and the AC disconnect.  The first RC disconnect did result in a RTH scenario and like the post originally said, it would no land.  I had to hand catch and force a shut down.   That drone was returned.  Now I have only experienced the App disconnect and still had full control of the AC.    It was suggested to turn on airplane mode, and this seemed to help.  Although I have just experienced my first video disturbance, I didn't have a disconnect.  

I'm feeling more confident with the Macvic, but wish DJI would do more than state "Are you using the most recent firmware apps"?  It seems like that is main issue.

I have a more "Unique" drone that doesn't have any of these issues, but it also doesn't have the portability I'm looking for.

All in all, I'm becoming increasingly happier with the Mavic and if the original gentleman that posted waits it out and has some patience, I'm sure he will as well.   It's a frustrating, but satisfying ride.
2018-7-27
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

I think the next product they create should not rely on Android or iOS devices.  Make it with it's own device. Talk about not having to worry about apps and what not.

One of the things I like about other mfg's are that some do not require an additional smart device. It's optional. Guys in our RC club flying Typhoons and never have a problem like this. Used for all sorts of things from hobby flights, to weddings etc. Last thing you want happening is what just happened to a wedding photographer in our club. Drone (MPP) was sitting there awaiting that moment, and he got disconnected.  That was a paid gig part of the photo videography and he had to partially refund the money for his technical error. He gave back $400 for flyover shots they asked for that he could not get.

I have many other examples of flyers in our club that have encountered these issues of late and it costs them money. One had a CS, and it went out.  These people want to trust their gear is going to work. Many are no longer as satisfied with DJI as they once were.  It's to the point they lose confidence in the product. Many went to a Typhoon/Tornado Series for the paid stuff. Might be Android, but it's like a CS in the transmitter. These guys were ready to buy Inspire 2's but feel that if the other stuff is as problematic, stay with what works. Those others are well known in videography, are nice, and perform well.
2018-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-27 03:08
I think the next product they create should not rely on Android or iOS devices.  Make it with it's own device. Talk about not having to worry about apps and what not.

One of the things I like about other mfg's are that some do not require an additional smart device. It's optional. Guys in our RC club flying Typhoons and never have a problem like this. Used for all sorts of things from hobby flights, to weddings etc. Last thing you want happening is what just happened to a wedding photographer in our club. Drone (MPP) was sitting there awaiting that moment, and he got disconnected.  That was a paid gig part of the photo videography and he had to partially refund the money for his technical error. He gave back $400 for flyover shots they asked for that he could not get.

Then if they bought a typhoon instead of an inspire 2, they are in no way better off, as these two craft cannot be compared.
You don’t see the same problems over on inspire2 forum yet they use the same app many use CS and many use Android but few with problems. It seems like those users either don’t complain enough about FW and app, or maybe they just get on with what works best for them. And the go out and enjoy flying .

You have the option to roll back your FW and SW to where you say you had almost no problems, so you really don’t have any problem.
2018-7-27
Use props
Alexei Merinov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Vietnam

Hello! I use Xiaomi Mi5S . And I have the same problems - started it in May 2018.. Before that, and I've been flying since May 2017, nothing like that happened in the year of flights,
I tried to change the connection to a full central USB, tried to replace the cable. Even rented from his dad his Samsung S8. I regularly change the firmware to the most-newest. But the problem remains.
How it manifests itself  - I suddenly see a break in communication in different versions. This is either the disappearance of the application and its automatic restart or the red message on the upper left of the "aircraft disconnected". The distance at which the connection breaks, can be any - from 10 meters to 2 km.
But my Mavik at this problem has never fallen!

This is a problem with the DJI GO4 application - it's understandable.
It is clear that the DJI-engineers in the course, working ... And it is quickly impossible to heal. But if you know how to reduce the negative effect - it's okay.

What am I doing:
1. Always wait for the message about the record Home Point. And only then I fly further.
2. I figured out the symbols on the console's display and learned to understand them.
3. As soon as there was a disconnection. If there was an assignment (shooting a panorama, for example), I wait for about a time to complete this task. And for a few seconds I press the button of the "RTH" console. The console keeps the connection and the drone flies home.
4. While the drone is flying home, I restart the application. Usually the connection is restored immediately .. And, if there are still flight missions - I fulfill them.

Of course, the loss of communication is very unpleasant.
But, if you know that this can happen and be ready - it is quite tolerable.

I just hope that someday DJI engineers will still finalize their beta version of DJI GO4.
And I will have time to fly normally.
2018-7-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

308Shooter Posted at 2018-7-27 01:28
You are right... It's very sad the App seems to be this issue and there are more, and should be, than on OS that should be able to operate the app without fail.  Particularly for the price we are all paying for a product that seems to be failing more with each update.

I have had both the RC and the AC disconnect.  The first RC disconnect did result in a RTH scenario and like the post originally said, it would no land.  I had to hand catch and force a shut down.   That drone was returned.  Now I have only experienced the App disconnect and still had full control of the AC.    It was suggested to turn on airplane mode, and this seemed to help.  Although I have just experienced my first video disturbance, I didn't have a disconnect.  

but wish DJI would do more than state "Are you using the most recent firmware apps"?
Well you do need to be using ''most recent firmwware apps''..., before they can suggest Rolling back!  

1) Update
2) Refresh
3) Rollback
4) Calibrate IMU
5) Replace microSD card
6) Goto 1

2018-7-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-26 20:59

Mavic Pro was marketed with a lot of user response and videos on YT that expressed how clean and near perfect the Mavic Pro was with Ocusync.

This app is making things worse than Wifi.

Sad, and Pathetic!
2018-7-27
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-27 10:46
but wish DJI would do more than state "Are you using the most recent firmware apps"?
Well you do need to be using ''most recent firmwware apps''..., before they can suggest Rolling back!  

1) Update
2) Refresh
3) Rollback
4) Calibrate IMU
5) Replace microSD card
6) Goto 1

You forgot one.....
7) Never hear from them again after 1-6
2018-7-27
Use props
Outdoorfreak.Dk
lvl.1
Denmark

The biggest problem is that I'm afraid of flying the drone.
I don't want to loose it and I can't recommend the Mavic to another..
And there is no solution to the problem..?
Some say go back to a older firmware others change the cable....but the drone was flying fine the first times..that I do not understand...?
I had som disconnects with my phone but not with the RC and drone and I do not understand why..
The shows where it just stops the second time...for no reason.
Screenshot_20180725-204553.jpg
2018-7-27
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

Outdoorfreak.Dk Posted at 2018-7-27 22:26
The biggest problem is that I'm afraid of flying the drone.
I don't want to loose it and I can't recommend the Mavic to another..
And there is no solution to the problem..?

Only solution is rolling back the app and firmware. For now at least.

DJI wants you on the most current firmware and app. I get that, but when the current firmware and app makes so many devices ( that are well beyond the minimum spec of the app requirement no longer functional) , they don't leave many other options to the user.

Disconnects are especially dangerous. Inexperienced users really have a problem when this happens. Perhaps DJI can make a new video on what to do when your device app shuts down and leaves the user blind.

I have a feeling this will get worse before it gets better. May even result in lawsuits if persons become injured from an out of control drone.

Again, your choices are limited to :

Buy a more powerful device, DJI prefers you use iOS. Problems are occurring in Mini 4's now so you need stronger than that which is Ipad Pro. $$$

Roll back firmware and the App. .0200 firmware vis DJI assistant, App version 4.2.16 or earlier. This is what most are doing.

Cross your fingers for a fix to the app versions.
2018-7-27
Use props
Outdoorfreak.Dk
lvl.1
Denmark

Is that a fix that's works or...?
Just a miner glitch software ?
2018-7-27
Use props
Headcase81
lvl.3
Flight distance : 665965 ft
Denmark

Have the same problem, No pro before latest software, now failing on almost every flight Even in near proximity, and No way to get the rc and ac to reconnect. Last night during low light flight the drone kept hovering 3/4 cm above ground going in small circles around 2mtrs from take off point multiple times hitting a flower pot, luckily it did'nt kill it selvf and I got off cheap with a set of broken props. Also got the automated anser and No later reply... Really disapointed with dji's way of handling tings.
2018-7-28
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

Sorry to have gotten off on a "bash DJI" tangent.... Do try turning on airplane mode.  It seems to have resolved the situation in my case.   Try flight tests several times in a safe location before you go out in the "real world".  

Good luck.  
2018-7-28
Use props
Outdoorfreak.Dk
lvl.1
Denmark

The best "stable"fw config is...?(RC and drone)
And dji go 4 can I downgrade it or is it not possible ?
2018-7-28
Use props
Outdoorfreak.Dk
lvl.1
Denmark

The only way is to role back the firmware (with on is the most stable)??
And change the cable??
Some mentioned change st card..why..?
What about Dji go app..?
Does I solve the problem or minimize it if do I get other minor problems..?

I'll hope to get answers so I can fly again..?

Thanks in advance..
2018-7-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Outdoorfreak.Dk Posted at 2018-7-29 07:12
The only way is to role back the firmware (with on is the most stable)??
And change the cable??
Some mentioned change st card..why..?

Try one thing at a time, and see which resolves your problem. Trying a different cable plugged into the bottom USB port on RC might be the simplest thing to try first. Just remember to unplug side cable on RC if doing this.

I believe the Mavic Pro with the latest firmware is stable. DJI Go 4 might be causing problems on your Android display device, enabling 'airplane mode' is another easy step that may give results.
2018-7-29
Use props
OutdoorfreakDk
lvl.1
Denmark

I just wanna thank for the help and tell what I did ant it seems to work.
I reinstalled all the firmware and changde the original Dji cable an I use the normal usb connection under the RC
First time I powered up the RC and the drone there was a "update" and 2 min later all was fine and i was flying again.
Since there was no problem and it just flyes like before.
I hope it solves the problems and the minor update under reboot before flying I still don't know what was...?
2018-8-5
Use props
sica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

It seems like you do not read the forum enough! 4.2.21 is a tricky version! DJI does not officially recognize this! The Samsung s5 / s6 / s7 / s8 / s9 / s2000 ... does not matter! Return to 4.1.16 and enjoy a smooth flight without signal interruption! With FW 0.400 of course! Problem software with Android not with smartfone power (ram/cpu/gpu)
2018-8-5
Use props
OutdoorfreakDk
lvl.1
Denmark

I'm new in this forum and I just red the new posts and I try to find relevant posts regarding my problems.
I haven't read about the app software and I don't know to find or downgrade the app...
2018-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules