Three King Parabolic Antenna Extenders?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans172e07cf
New

I just purchased a Mavic Air and I LOVE IT so far! I saw these Parabolic Range Extenders that are suppose to help with video reception and distance, but more importantly communication connection with my controller. Any one know if DJI approves of these and do they really work? Just curious, Thanks!
2018-7-26
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

DJI doesn't approve just about any third party accessories, and would definitely frown on range extenders.  Recall, in many places, drones are restricted to LOS and as you know the air is already capable of considerably further than that.  If you are having video issues within LOS, and you are running an Android device, you might want to try and roll back the Go4 app to 4.2.16.  Seems alot of folks are running into rather severe video transmission issues with 4.2.20 and later.
2018-7-26
Use props
fans172e07cf
New

MrArcher Posted at 2018-7-26 06:35
DJI doesn't approve just about any third party accessories, and would definitely frown on range extenders.  Recall, in many places, drones are restricted to LOS and as you know the air is already capable of considerably further than that.  If you are having video issues within LOS, and you are running an Android device, you might want to try and roll back the Go4 app to 4.2.16.  Seems alot of folks are running into rather severe video transmission issues with 4.2.20 and later.

I am using an iPhone X, all updates on phone and DJi Go 4 app...all updates on firmware for Mavin Air and Controller. No matter where I am going to fly, I also calibrate the compass before flying. I was just concerned more about a "good" and "stable" communication connection between my Air and the controller. I was completely in LOS and I kept getting a "yellow" pop up on the Go app that communication was poor and could lose signal. I was just thinking the Parabolic Extenders would help with communication between the two, and not for traveling farther. My intent was just better LOS communication with "no loss of signal. Thanks again for your feedback and any further will be gratefully welcome!
2018-7-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

MrArcher Posted at 2018-7-26 06:35
DJI doesn't approve just about any third party accessories, and would definitely frown on range extenders.  Recall, in many places, drones are restricted to LOS and as you know the air is already capable of considerably further than that.  If you are having video issues within LOS, and you are running an Android device, you might want to try and roll back the Go4 app to 4.2.16.  Seems alot of folks are running into rather severe video transmission issues with 4.2.20 and later.

Seems alot of folks are running into rather severe video transmission issues with 4.2.20 and later.

Case of each release slowly dialing back video transmission distance (power) to force drone pilots to keep their drones LOS?

2018-7-26
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

No, I have seen no difference in distance between 4.2.14 and 4.2.16.  Obviously, there is clearly an issue with 4.2.20 and above that is overwhelming many devices so I think there is simply a coding flaw or they simply have reached critical mass with all of the girth required to handle 11 different models with different features, capabilities, settings, etc, all in one App.  

Do they really need to use one all-inclusive App that can handle the Spark all the way up to the Inspire and Matrice?  Imho, they need to find a suitable fork in the road where they can offer 2 or 3 versions tailor build for like groups, ie:  Spark, Air, Pro in the first.  Then Phantom, Inspire and Matrice in in the second.  Might even make sense to go more granular, but ultimately, these Apps must be more efficient if they are expecting folks to be able to use common devices.  

That all of course is assuming they are not purposely trying to force everyone into Crystal Sky's, which could be at play here as well.  I guess if they don't address this video issue with another update soon, we will know soon enough.

2018-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules