Nd16 or nd32 for spark?
3468 15 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thewhatever
lvl.2

Lebanon

Should I get a nd16 or 32 filter? I live in Lebanon so chances of bright sunny days are great, overcast or cloudy skies are about 35% of time. So if I had to get only one filter, which one is better?
2018-7-26
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

one pack: https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... -shutter-collection
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. Please to refer to this link for better understanding. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-27791-1-1.html
2018-7-26
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

ND16 - Few Clouds & Sunny Day

ND32 - No Clouds & Very Sunny Day

As others suggested you can buy a Set. I have a set of 6pcs, but you will mainly use ND8, ND16, ND32.

Polar Pro are the Best.

I Live in Malta Europe, Middle of the Mediterranean, and know what Very Sunny Mediterranean Summers Mean. They mean 35-40 Degrees Celcius and No Clouds, just Hot Burning Sun.

Having the option to change will give you Better Results, than buy just 1pc ND Filter.

2018-7-26
Use props
thewhatever
lvl.2

Lebanon

Thanks
I am a bit short now that I have paid for a fly more combo. Thats why I want to get just one filter for now.
I must say I usually prefer to hike in fall or even in winter to get some cloud and freshness.Ski days can be either sunny or with passing clouds.
I want a nd filter for cinematic effect so about 1/50 speed
2018-7-26
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

thewhatever Posted at 2018-7-26 11:47
Thanks
I am a bit short now that I have paid for a fly more combo. Thats why I want to get just one filter for now.
I must say I usually prefer to hike in fall or even in winter to get some cloud and freshness.Ski days can be either sunny or with passing clouds.

If you are recording at 30fps use 1/60 Shutter.

Rule for Motion Blur is Twice the Frame Rate, though even with 1/100 you will do fine, just don't go over 1/100.
2018-7-26
Use props
thewhatever
lvl.2

Lebanon

So an nd16 is more versatile for my usage?
My last hike for example was end of day / dusk. So the nd16 would have been good for the sunny but ending day then of course no need for a filter at dusk
2018-7-26
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

thewhatever Posted at 2018-7-26 11:54
So an nd16 is more versatile for my usage?
My last hike for example was end of day / dusk. So the nd16 would have been good for the sunny but ending day then of course no need for a filter at dusk

The ND16 is the SWEET SPOT for ND Filters Mate !

If you are buying just 1pcs at least get it Polarised, to remove the Reflections from Sea, Leaves etc...

It will be - ND16/PL

Good luck Buddy !

2018-7-26
Use props
Sidd Finch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-26 11:59
The ND16 is the SWEET SPOT for ND Filters Mate !

If you are buying just 1pcs at least get it Polarised, to remove the Reflections from Sea, Leaves etc...

Dude they should make you an honorary administrator. You always have the right answer... lol

Sidd
2018-7-26
Use props
Yukon 3-0268
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1148 ft

I’m on a budget too so got the three pack from Best Buy. Nd 16,32 and PL
2018-7-26
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-7-26 15:46
Dude they should make you an honorary administrator. You always have the right answer... lol

Sidd

Thank you so much Sidd,

To tell you the Truth, it really doesn't matter to me, even if they name me - AMATEUR.

I know that I need to learn so much more, I have about 6 months now that most drone items / parts arrived to start setting up my Drone, thats my next stage, get flying, and in the mean time start learning Adobe Premier Pro as right now I am a Total 'ZERO' in Video Editing, have bought some DVD Tutorials to start studying. Hopefully by end of 2019 I will start creating some Average Footage. Sometimes with Work and the Fast Life that We Live In, its Very Hard to find Free Time.

Thank you for your kind words Sidd, I really love this Forum as the Pilots there is right now are so helpful to each other ! You are One of my Favourite Sidd !

2018-7-27
Use props
Sidd Finch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-27 01:18
Thank you so much Sidd,

To tell you the Truth, it really doesn't matter to me, even if they name me - AMATEUR.

Thank you. Once you "get" Premiere you will really enjoy it. I use it quite a bit and am still learning every day. I would check out a guy named Steve Grisetti who has a whole bunch of how to books on Amazon for Adobe Premiere. He is easy to understand and it makes a really good ref book. If you are like me and forget what you thought you learned 6 months later.... lol

Well maybe DJI could comp you a free pair of propellers

Sidd
2018-7-27
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-7-27 08:42
Thank you. Once you "get" Premiere you will really enjoy it. I use it quite a bit and am still learning every day. I would check out a guy named Steve Grisetti who has a whole bunch of how to books on Amazon for Adobe Premiere. He is easy to understand and it makes a really good ref book. If you are like me and forget what you thought you learned 6 months later.... lol

Well maybe DJI could comp you a free pair of propellers

LOL ! I tend to forget a lot too Sidd !

I am far worst, I need to watch DVDs Tutorials as when reading a Book on a Piece of Paper I don't understand anything LOL !

2018-7-27
Use props
fans90c13814
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-26 11:49
If you are recording at 30fps use 1/60 Shutter.

Rule for Motion Blur is Twice the Frame Rate, though even with 1/100 you will do fine, just don't go over 1/100.

Tell me about the alternative frame rates please.
2018-7-27
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

fans90c13814 Posted at 2018-7-27 08:47

You use the ND Filter to limit the Light entering the lense.

If you record at 1080p best if to use 1/60 Shutter. If you have ND16 and its very dark you must use a lighter tint so you must opt for the ND8. If with the ND16 is too bright, you must use ND32.

For fine tuning then you can go up to 1/100 Shutter but not much more, else you won't really have that Motion Blur. So the Max is 1/100 for Fine Tuning.

You can play with the ND Filter Tints, but not really with the Shutter. The ND Filters are used as the Lens Aperture is set to Wide Open.

That why its Best if you have a Complete Set to Play with.

2018-7-27
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

fans90c13814 Posted at 2018-7-27 08:47

This is the Set I have for the Spark -

2018-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules