Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is Tello drone allowed in Provincial Parks in Canada?
Home / TELLO /
926 4 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mervs
lvl.1

Canada

I know there are no drone rules but I assumed it is for the 250g and bigger drones. How about these smaller drones like Tello? Are we allowed to use it?
When I read the Transport Canada rules about 30m away from public, vessel and vehicles - for less than 250g rules it just states just respect everyone's privacy and you can fly anywhere - does that mean even national and provincial parks???
2018-7-26
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 900633 ft
Japan

If it was me I would use it. I live under a different rule set and in my case the limit is 200g.

I fly my Tello anywhere That I cannot fly my larger drone and so far no issues.
2018-7-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

well tello is just 80g it is more like a toy, it is ok to use for me
2018-7-27
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

China

Sorry for unable to assist Mervs, we respectfully suggest that you can consult them if they have contacts number listed on their website, or consult the gatekeeper if possible.
2018-7-27
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 6538136 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I will have to say NO.  I got a warning for flying a MA in a Provincial Park.  The warden stated that anything that flies is NOT allowed, even a helium balloon.  The Alberta provincial park regs use a much tighter definition of "aircraft" than the federal government.
2018-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules