DJI APP Crashing w/ CrystalSky
1173 4 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rlkaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1180322 ft

Hi,

I have the I2 X7 with the 5.5" Crystal Sky. With the latest firmware update V01.01.0200 and prior to the firmware update the DJI GO 4 App has been consistently crashing mid flight on I2 & CrystalSky. I do not have a screen shot but it says something along the lines of " DJI go 4 app is not responding" and then shuts down off of the flight screen mode onto the app homepage. I tested my Iphone 7+ to see if the same thing would happen and the DJI GO 4 App did not crash at all when I used the iphone. Is anyone else having issues witht the DJI GO 4 App crashing w/ crystal sky? I am contemplating selling my CrystalSky and buying an Ipad 2 Mini instead because I can't keep having it crash mid flight when I am on jobs. Any input/advice is much appreciated.

2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, did you try to back up and reset your crystal sky? did you update the firmware of your crystal sky? I would like to clarify that you've mentioned that the DJI GO 4 app crashes prior to the firmware update of the Inspire 2? is that correct?
2018-7-26
Use props
rlkaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1180322 ft

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-26 15:11
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, did you try to back up and reset your crystal sky? did you update the firmware of your crystal sky? I would like to clarify that you've mentioned that the DJI GO 4 app crashes prior to the firmware update of the Inspire 2? is that correct?

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Re your question I have reset my crystal sky and updated the firmware on my crystal sky and it was also crashing before the most recent firmware update on the I2 as well. Thanks again.
2018-7-26
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I run into the same issue with the same hardware. It does seem that leaving the app open for a while reduces the chance that it will crash, but it doesn't work consistently enough for me to count on that as a solution. Having the app crash repeatedly while working with a client is frustrating at best.
2018-7-28
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

As mentioned above try a full reset. I would also reinstall the GO 4 App and re-link the I2 and your RC. The iPad mini 2 will not be of any use to you. The latest Mini 4 is barely functional with the GO 4 App. It ton is slow for todays GO 4 program. Be sure that you are using the latest Crystal Sky and GO 4 updates along with the latest RC and I2 updates. Something is in conflict which will happen with inconsistent firmware. Bring everything up to speed and all should be well. I am using everything that you are which is all up to date and have never had an issue with the App crashing.
2018-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules