Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Air won't connect - function button issue
9542 20 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb59da65a
New
Canada

Hello all,
just purchased a mavic air. I can't get it to connect in any way. As soon as turning on the aircraft the function button flashes constant, rapid green and pressing it will not beep for connection. Have tried with two different batteries.

Ideas are appreciated as the DJI online support person seems to have forgotten we have a conversation going.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi! I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please try to link your aircraft to your remote controller? Please see the attached video tutorial below for reference. If you have other concern, please let us know. Thank you.

2018-7-26
Use props
fansb59da65a
New
Canada

The drone function button never flashes yellow.

The Function button will not beep no matter how long it's pressed.

It will not connect to remote or phone.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansb59da65a Posted at 2018-7-26 11:22
The drone function button never flashes yellow.

The Function button will not beep no matter how long it's pressed.

Can you please try to update the firmware of the aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2? Kindly see the video tutorial below for reference. After that, try to re-link your remote controller again. Thanks.

2018-7-26
Use props
fansb59da65a
New
Canada

doesn't seem to want to show up in dji assistant 2. plugged in, turned on. function light now blinking green, yellow, red. dji assistant is logged in.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansb59da65a Posted at 2018-7-26 11:37
doesn't seem to want to show up in dji assistant 2. plugged in, turned on. function light now blinking green, yellow, red. dji assistant is logged in.

Hi, thanks for the updates, do you have spare batteries to try on?
2018-7-26
Use props
fansb59da65a
New
Canada

yes, tried all three batteries in the fly more combo
2018-7-26
Use props
NewMavicOwner
New

United States

I am having the exact same issue on my new mavic air. Unable to connect. Function button does not work and cannot recognize on pc to restore.
Please share if you have found a solution.
2018-9-9
Use props
mavicuriasair
New
Flight distance : 13376 ft
Brazil

I can not put the drone in pairing mode. I press the function button and nothing happens. No beep is emitted. I've held for more than 1 minute. I have already updated and restored factory defaults. can you help me?
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mavicuriasair Posted at 11-2 10:21
I can not put the drone in pairing mode. I press the function button and nothing happens. No beep is emitted. I've held for more than 1 minute. I have already updated and restored factory defaults. can you help me?

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please send a short video of this issue for a further check? Please upload the link using the google drive or dropbox. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-4
Use props
djiuser_cuF71Xcuebq4
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-4 15:19
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please send a short video of this issue for a further check? Please upload the link using the google drive or dropbox. Thank you for the support.

Hello,
Newly purchased Mavic Air.
Same problem, function button will not illuminate or do anything, tried all 3 batteries.
What is the solution?
Is the Mavic Air defective?  Do I return it to Amazon?
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_cuF71Xcuebq4 Posted at 11-28 11:57
Hello,
Newly purchased Mavic Air.
Same problem, function button will not illuminate or do anything, tried all 3 batteries.

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. Have you updated the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2? I would highly suggest sending a short video to us for further check. You can use google drive or dropbox for you to upload the video then provide the link here. You may refer to the video below for you to update the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2. Thank you for support.

2018-11-29
Use props
fans8834f20b
New

Spain

fansb59da65a Posted at 7-26 11:37
doesn't seem to want to show up in dji assistant 2. plugged in, turned on. function light now blinking green, yellow, red. dji assistant is logged in.

Same problem, function light blinking green yellow red green yellow red all the time. not responding to any kind of pressing, not recognized by the DJI Assistant (does not detect it as plugged), not detected by the RC and impossible to pair with it, all happened after a firmware update today.

ANY SOLUTION???
2018-12-9
Use props
djiuser_cuF71Xcuebq4
lvl.1
United States

fans8834f20b Posted at 2018-12-9 12:16
Same problem, function light blinking green yellow red green yellow red all the time. not responding to any kind of pressing, not recognized by the DJI Assistant (does not detect it as plugged), not detected by the RC and impossible to pair with it, all happened after a firmware update today.

ANY SOLUTION???

Thanks for your reply,
I found the fix, that the battery button must be pressed twice,
having not found that specifically in the documentation.
Regards,
Jack
2019-1-15
Use props
Bopat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65899 ft
Seychelles

I have the same problem like everybody else here, for almost a week.
WHY THERE IS NO PUBLIC solution for this?
Why you are bull...ting?
Is it broken? We have to send it back? Or what?
What kind of customer service you have here?
2019-4-7
Use props
Bopat
lvl.1
Seychelles

Here is the video about my drone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI9zq261PEQ&feature=youtu.be
2019-4-7
Use props
Bopat
lvl.1
Seychelles

Just to let everyone know, who has this problem. Drone is broken, has to be sent back to dji in Netherlands if you are in EU.
2019-4-8
Use props
djiuser_lA2JC8ZJNU3Z
New
United States

djiuser_cuF71Xcuebq4 Posted at 1-15 05:18
Thanks for your reply,
I found the fix, that the battery button must be pressed twice,
having not found that specifically in the documentation.

Not sure I follow, can you please expand?  

To turn the aircraft on, you must push the power button twice (one short push, one long push).

Is there a step requiring additional pushes of the power button to complete pairing with the remote once the aircraft is already powered on?
2019-11-9
Use props
Jussaguy
lvl.1

United States

Having same issue. I power on Mavic Air. It starts the testing process and makes start up beep. Then it will start blinking green, red and yellow back to green over and over. Holding function button does nothing. See my video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lavfOAEwAio

Also, when I plug the USB cable into any computer, the computer cannot recognize the drone. DJI Assistant cant see the drone because the computer cannot see drone. The computer makes a noise as if I plugged something in, but then it makes a noise as if I unplugged the USB cable. Very frustrating.
DJI needs to help!!!!
2020-4-26
Use props
FDFR
New

France

Hi all,

I just turned on my Mavic Air after couple years resting in the closet.
I can't believe I have the same issues.
Impossible to connect to the remote whatever the way to do it. (drone function button doesn't beep to start the pairing with the remote)
Moreover impossible to connect to dji assistant 2 on windows 10 to update the firmware of the drone.

What is going on DJI?

You have to update us on the process.

2023-11-12
Use props
FDFR
New

France

Ok so I might have found the problem.
Everything got back to normal behavior when I removed the microSD card from the drone...
2023-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FDFR Posted at 11-13 02:48
Ok so I might have found the problem.
Everything got back to normal behavior when I removed the microSD card from the drone...

Awesome. We are glad you already got it to work. Removing the SD card is actually one of the ways to fix linking failure. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules