Does Anyone Buy Inspire 2 with No Camera?
4187 7 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

Hello

As some of you may have read my previous thread of the consideration between Inspire 1 Pro Black vs. Inspire 2, I am still contemplating if I shall get the Inspire 2 without camera because I don’t use it for business and no plan for taking lots of videos/photos.

I realize the benefit for getting the Inspire 1 Pro is that it comes with X5 but it’s an older product compared to Inspire 2.

Just wondering if anyone here has purchased DJI Inspire 2 with no camera. I am “considering” to get it with no camera purely for flying. I don’t think I will use any editing software either (so no plan to buy the ProRes/DNG license).

In particular I am curious about:

- is it quite straightforward to buy the camera down the road as simple as plug and play if I buy Inspire 2 drone only now?

- is it easy to buy the license in the future and I can just “pair” it with my drone?

- would I need anything else other than the $2999 Inspire 2  if I just use it purely for flying and not taking any photos/videos?

- is the carrying case that comes with Inspire 2 sturdy enough for travel or do you need to purchase a separate case? I have only seen the bulky hard case which doesn’t look very pretty.

- is it worth waiting for Inspire 3? What are some of the potential changes compared to Inspire 2?

- how exactly is the difference between X5 vs. X4S vs. X5S especially for non-professional photo/videographer like myself?

- do I need a fancy high-speed/multicores processor computer to edit video/photo from Inspire 2 with X4S/X5S?

Thanks All
2018-7-26
Use props
dronto
Second Officer

Does anyone have an idea when Inspire 3 will be released?
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us and sorry for the late response.

- It is possible to purchase the Inspire 2 without the camera. But be cautious about the camera. The cameras that are only compatible with Inspire 2 are Zenmuse X4S, X5S, and X7.
- What license are you referring to?
- You might want to check this link to see the inclusions for each combo: https://store.dji.com/product/inspire-2
- This carrying case is made of strong, elastic expanded polypropylene with a metal frame to provide both lightness and strength. That's actually also the only available case we have for Inspire 2.
- As of now, we don't have any verbal or written confirmation in regards to the Inspire 3 so we cannot provide or assure you of any information about it.
- You may check this site to see the differences between X5, X4S, and X5S.
- That will depend on your preferences if you are going to use high-quality resolutions for your videos/photos.
2018-7-30
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-30 06:11
Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us and sorry for the late response.

- It is possible to purchase the Inspire 2 without the camera. But be cautious about the camera. The cameras that are only compatible with Inspire 2 are Zenmuse X4S, X5S, and X7.

Hi Wanda

Thanks for your kind reply and information.

I was referring specifically as if I buy the Inspire 2 alone now (no camera):
- can I just buy the X4S/5S/7 in the future and just plug it into the drone or do I need to purchase something else (gimbal etc.) to mount the camera onto the Inspire 2?

- is the foam case the same for the “Inspire 2 alone” as the Combo? Specifically, I saw the Combo internal foam case has pre-cut mold to keep the camera; is it the same as the Inspire 2 alone?

I referred to ProRes/CinemaDNG licenses.

Do you happen to have a picture of the Inspire 2 external and internal foam case? I tried to search online but couldn’t find a close up image of it.

Do I need to buy another case for travel or is the DJI Inspire 2 case is sturdy enough to be checked in with the airline (as the luggage handling can be rough sometimes)?

I recalled that Inspire 1 was released in 2014, Inspire 2 was released in 2016. Is it correct to assume it’s 2 year cycle and I would expect Inspire 3 this year end?

Thanks again and look forward to hearing from you.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

dronto Posted at 2018-7-30 06:56
Hi Wanda

Thanks for your kind reply and information.

Thank you for the response.

Can I just buy the X4S/5S/7 in the future and just plug it into the drone or do I need to purchase something else (gimbal etc.) to mount the camera onto the Inspire 2?
- Yes, you can. You don't have to buy anything aside from the camera. You may look to this link: https://store.dji.com/product-search?q=zenmuse

Is the foam case the same for the “Inspire 2 alone” as the Combo? Specifically, I saw the Combo internal foam case has a pre-cut mold to keep the camera; is it the same as the Inspire 2 alone?
- Yes, it is.

I referred to ProRes/CinemaDNG licenses.
- You may refer to this: https://www.dji.com/service/inspire-2-license-key/guide

Do you happen to have a picture of the Inspire 2 external and internal foam case? I tried to search online but couldn’t find a close-up image of it.
- Here it is:

Do I need to buy another case for travel or is the DJI Inspire 2 case is sturdy enough to be checked in with the airline (as the luggage handling can be rough sometimes)?
- As of now, that's the only case we have available for Inspire 2. You may check in third-party stores if they have.

I recalled that Inspire 1 was released in 2014, Inspire 2 was released in 2016. Is it correct to assume it’s 2-year cycle and I would expect Inspire 3 this year end?
- We cannot assure that information to you since even us don't know if there will be an Inspire 3 that will release this year.
2018-7-30
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-30 08:16
Thank you for the response.

Can I just buy the X4S/5S/7 in the future and just plug it into the drone or do I need to purchase something else (gimbal etc.) to mount the camera onto the Inspire 2?

Thanks so much Wanda for the very kind and detailed information based on my query.

I really appreciate it
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

dronto Posted at 2018-7-30 16:42
Thanks so much Wanda for the very kind and detailed information based on my query.

I really appreciate it

You're welcome.
2018-8-1
Use props
Mira54
lvl.1

Ukraine

Thanks all for the info!
2018-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now