3091 15 2018-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Introvert Speaks
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm receiving this lens today  and wanted to get the communities opinion on it? Is this a good lens?  Will DJI support this lens in the near future/ is it already supported?

Thanks in advance!

2018-7-27
Use props
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

bump, interested to hear from users who have this lens also.
2018-7-27
Use props
The Introvert Speaks
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ambassador1 Posted at 2018-7-27 08:33
bump, interested to hear from users who have this lens also.

Getting it in the mail today so I will be posting a lot of my experiences LOL
2018-7-27
Use props
The Introvert Speaks
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Right off the bat with the latest firmware I had no issues with this lens connecting or loading raw photos. I do not have the CineDNG or Prores license but for the initial test, I have the picture in-app and photo and video capabilities. More to come!
Inspire 2 placement and 15mm mft mounted15mm mft test shot7.5mm test shot
2018-7-27
Use props
董翀
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14444800 ft
Singapore

如果你只是拍照片,laowa 7.5没有什么问题,但是如果拍摄视频,这个镜头有时候可能会出现问题。
2018-7-28
Use props
The Introvert Speaks
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

董翀 Posted at 2018-7-28 07:00
如果你只是拍照片,laowa 7.5没有什么问题,但是如果拍摄视频,这个镜头有时候可能会出现问题。

我同意。我正在创建一个相机配置文件, 并希望它的工作
2018-7-28
Use props
ambassador1
lvl.3

Thanks for sharing! Good to hear it does not have issues with Raw...did you have to do a hot-swap?? Looking forward to video tests, seeing how that goes.

How was balancing it, did you have to do anything special?
2018-7-28
Use props
The Introvert Speaks
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This was only tested with SD cards. I do not have the SSd's or licenses to test Prores or CinemaDNG

It likes raw (DNG) more than jpeg photos. In Lightroom, DNG photos allow for lens profile presets to be created and stored and photoshop/ lightroom will remember it. Not the case with jpeg. You have to set the lens profile corrections per jpeg photo.

About the hot swap issue. It's been my experience that if you initially power the I2 with the X5s and 15mm mft (stock dji kit) first and turn the in-app camera settings to M mode (manual) then turn off the I2 and swap lens you will have full M control over the 7.5mm. (It may take longer for the camera view to come up on the iPad) If it gets changed off m mode to another mode you must swap over to the 15mm MFT and redo. Once the camera is set to M mode and you don't change modes the I2 can remember the M mode and the 7.5 lens doesn't need to be swapped prior to use. I know that really doesn't make sense but I will do my best to represent this in the video.

Balancing- The lens balances nicely with the lens hood on and no counterweights / balancing rings---- or ----- One ND filter and no counterweights / balancing rings.

I've ground tested for roughly a half hour and the gimbal motors were cool and nothing audible to report. I've flown 2 sets of battery so far with the lens and all is well there too. More to report soon!
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will forward this concern to our R&D engineers to see what we can do if we could possibly support this specific lens.
2018-7-29
Use props
The Introvert Speaks
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-29 13:00
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will forward this concern to our R&D engineers to see what we can do if we could possibly support this specific lens.

Thanks! I believe this to be an excellent choice of lens for the X5S system.
2018-7-29
Use props
The Introvert Speaks
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

The Introvert Speaks Posted at 2018-7-29 16:44
Thanks! I believe this to be an excellent choice of lens for the X5S system.

Hi, thanks for the response, this suggestion has been forwarded to our R&D engineers.
2018-7-30
Use props
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

Awesome, thanks for starting these videos, really looking forward to the following ones showing it on the x5/inspire and video footage. Good to know it balances off the bat
2018-7-30
Use props
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-29 13:00

Yes please, that would be great, ASAP, even better
2018-7-30
Use props
The Introvert Speaks
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

As it is not a supported lens there are some quirks that come along with using this lens and I’ll cover that in this video.

2018-8-1
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Is the 7.5mm compatible with the official .300 firmware and Prores/DNG without hot swapping ? Thank you.
2018-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules