Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
360 Roll Axis Won't work
837 5 2018-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tfmedia
New
United States

I'm using a Panasonic GH4 + Metabones speedbooster + Sigma 18-35mm which is a pretty heavy set up. I got the 360 Roll to work once. After that I cant seem to balance everything just right. It spins 1/2 way, then freaks out and starts whacking my camera against the sides. I checked the balance with the app (all read good or excellent) I also auto tuned the motors using the app. I also check and rechecked my app settings Ch1 (tilt) Ch2 (NA) Ch3 (Roll). Not sure what to do here, I just cant seem to get it right.
2018-7-27
Use props
jerttyG
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the same issue with a Canon 5Div w/24-70 2.8. Its starts to spin then freaks out. It will not go 360. I then tried with a lighter camera set up. Fuji X-T2 w16-55 2.8. The same thing happened using the latest firmware and app.
2018-7-27
Use props
tfmedia
New
United States

jerttyG Posted at 2018-7-27 06:47
I'm having the same issue with a Canon 5Div w/24-70 2.8. Its starts to spin then freaks out. It will not go 360. I then tried with a lighter camera set up. Fuji X-T2 w16-55 2.8. The same thing happened using the latest firmware and app.

I tired the same thing with my Canon 50mm and it worked, not 100% but better. My balancing must have been off a little. My main guess is we have something unbalanced with our heavier lenses. I got it to work once just fine then after assembling again I had those issues. I'm just not sure which axis is the problem child though.
2018-7-27
Use props
megaultraman
lvl.1
Philippines

I got a problem regarding the 360 roll. sometimes it work, and most of the time the gimbal motor started knocking by itself, I already did fine tune calibration and balance the cam as best as I could
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi guys, sorry to know you have the issue with Roll 360°, please tilt the gimbal 45° and check if the Power value of Pan axis is within the range of +/- 5, if not, the Pan axis needs to be balanced again.
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, tfmediaset, please check my post in 5#, besides, please set CH3 to “Roll” and set the rest channels to N/A.
2018-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules