Goggles RE and panorama pic
1248 4 2018-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frank Michael
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32635 ft
Germany

When I got my goggles RE I was impressed with the panoramas in the examples folder.
Wanted to do some myself and set my Mavic Pro to shoot some panoramas for me.
I combined the pictures to one panorama using DJI media maker.
I then uploaded the finished file to the goggles and....
the googles can't open the file.
I just get a gray icon in the local files folder. When I try to open it nothing happens.
I tried several times with different panoramas, some stitched with DJI Media Maker, some with Microsoft ICE.
Nothing seems to work.

I hope you can give me an insight what is going wrong as I am getting a bit frustrated.

Thanks in advance!

2018-7-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I've been trying to do this since I got mine 7mo's ago. I definitely watching this thread.
2018-7-27
Use props
Frank Michael
lvl.2

You are very welcome.
I really hope someone can be helpful.
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. Sorry for the trouble caused. Please refer to this link for more information on how to view Panorama via DJI Goggles: https://forum.dji.com/thread-136666-1-1.html . I hope this helps you. Thank you.
2018-8-30
Use props
Frank Michael
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-30 14:09
Hi. Sorry for the trouble caused. Please refer to this link for more information on how to view Panorama via DJI Goggles: https://forum.dji.com/thread-136666-1-1.html . I hope this helps you. Thank you.

Hi Natalia,

thank you for the hint!
I got some nice insights there.

The key to get this going seemed to be the width to height ratio of exactly 2:1.
If you put the resulting file in the PANO folder on the goggles SD card the system finds and displays it.

I did some comparison between the Mavic internal panorama generator, DJI Media Maker, Microsoft ICE and PTGUI.
The internal generator made a few stitching errors and the image is not crisply sharp.
DJI Media Maker crashed my PC so many times I gave up on it.
Microsoft ICE gives me better results concerning the overall look of the picture. However, you have to adjust the width to height ratio afterwards in another software, where you can adjust other things like exposure as well. ICE gives me some stitching errors.
PTGUI has a lot of inbuilt options to tweak the result to your liking. But for over 100 € it gave me no less stitching errors than ICE, witch is for free.
I think for the time being I will use ICE. Best value for no money.

2018-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules