Max distance reached not Atlitude and not limit is not turned on
686 6 2018-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 938012 ft

My replacement Mavic finally showed up yeseterday so I spent time upgrading firmware etc.  Took it out for a flight today and it maxed out at 475 meters. The enable max distance is not highlighted in the app. And no I can't turn it on and selct a huge distance.

Ipad app 4.2.22 Firmware version 1.04.03. I head of to many problems with 04 so I stayed at a known working version.

So why can't I fly farther. I was able to fly with no limit using same app and remote before. Only thing changed is the Mavic itself. Even used my previously flight tested battery.

2018-7-27
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

A lot of users have been receiving that automated message once they are flying in the App.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this caused you. Have you tried to re-link your RC to your AC? Can you also please try to uninstall and reinstall DJI Go 4 app then try to set the maximum flight distance. Thanks.
2018-7-27
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 938012 ft

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-27 16:05
Hi. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this caused you. Have you tried to re-link your RC to your AC? Can you also please try to uninstall and reinstall DJI Go 4 app then try to set the maximum flight distance. Thanks.

Re paired the remote which took several reboots of the drone and controller and app and then it all worked. This time the set max distance was green and had a box to set value. So once I turned that off It flew as expected. Before the toggle was grey not green and no box when I flipped it to green to see if changing it back and forth would fix it. Toggling it before did not fix it or show a box.
I did not need to reinstall the app.

thanks
glad to have a Mavic to fly again. Guess I missed it more than I thought I would. Kinda addicting.

2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

AuroraHunter Posted at 2018-7-27 19:12
Re paired the remote which took several reboots of the drone and controller and app and then it all worked. This time the set max distance was green and had a box to set value. So once I turned that off It flew as expected. Before the toggle was grey not green and no box when I flipped it to green to see if changing it back and forth would fix it. Toggling it before did not fix it or show a box.
I did not need to reinstall the app.

Wow. Nice setup! Just to remind you, we don't recommend our customer to put a sticker on the AC because this might void the warranty. For the latest DJI Product update please check our official website at www.dji.com for more information. Thank you.
2018-7-28
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-28 08:37
Wow. Nice setup! But still, we don't recommend our customer to put a sticker on the AC because this will void the warranty. For the latest DJI Product update please check our official website at www.dji.com for more information. Thank you.

Why would  a sticker / wrap/ decal void the warranty ?
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kingram Posted at 2018-7-28 08:46
Why would  a sticker / wrap/ decal void the warranty ?

Hi. It will depend on the sticker that you will be using because this might cause interference on the drone and once we determine that the caused of the damage is from the third party accessories this will void the warranty. You may this link below for more information about service policies. Thanks.

https://www.dji.com/service/policy
2018-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules