occusync vs lightbridge vs wifi
5253 7 2018-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

I am a techy and like to know how things work.

I have a Phantom 3 Standard and SPARK which both work on Wifi.

I have a Phantom 3 Pro which works on Lightbridge.

I have a Mavic Pro which works on Occusync.

Can anybody explain the differences? This is interesting stuff!

2018-7-27
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

https://thedroneadventure.com/dr ... the-best-connection

https://forum.dji.com/thread-105871-1-1.html

2018-7-27
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the quick reply, will check it out.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. The main benefit of the OcuSync video transmission system is that OcuSync has a range of up to 4.3 miles (7 km) with improved resistance to interference and a higher transmission throughput. At shorter ranges, it can stream footage to you at 1080p resolution and also allows photo and video downloads at 40Mb/s.
2018-7-27
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Great explanation Steve,,thx
2018-7-27
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can connect wireless to the DJI Goggles.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
Australia

My tech mind wonders about this as well. My questions are more along the following:

Is OccuSync vs Lightbridge vs WiFi only a discussion of the video transmission method for the drones?

If so, is the control method for the Mavic Pro / Mavic Air the same in that if we excluded the video transmission range, the actual flight control range of both would be similar.

I'm under the impression with my Mavic Air that if the DJI Go app loses video feed, it is considered lost and its effective range ends there when in fact you may still potentially have control of it if you could in fact see where it is flying.
2018-7-27
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

DJKOR, that's where the question is. I thought that the Mavic Air was a wifi only drone and as such its range is limited as compared to those with Lightbridge or Occusync?  I can tell you as I posted in other posts that the range of the wifi only drones are extended greatly when I use either a parabolic antenna or flat panel beam antenna to control the drone. I did the Argtek antenna mod on my Phantom 3 standard and that really improved control performance. For the SPARK I use just a Parabolic antenna that just slips over the existing antenna with great results.  

My curiosity though is with the technology itself. Love this stuff and it sure beats the old control line airplanes from 50 years ago!
2018-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules